Thugs - your worse defeat?

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
*cough* was *cough* and that was me ;) maybe you was before i got into that hellhole pre-nf but after a while when i got the hang of things & started Clueless and Quit the boards? I was banned for a few years. Nah you did well - very well infact. Never thought any idiot would ever act like me again but you did. You did it in style too. Ok you played a bd but then again to run around solo what alts are capable of that? Only a few. Many tried to play a good bd but you took it to an extreme level. Shows promise. Shows sod all again'st me though but again'st 99% of other shows good game play. Means sod all with me though cos I know I would take you out if the playing field was level. Goa inspired to weaken me. If it wasnt' for Goa I would still rule the bloody place on my one account - by far!
...you would still put me down, yet the one, and only time, we ever duelled, you died. a horrible painful death without doing much effort against me. stop loading that out when you know you've allready lost ;)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
I can't believe people are still arguing over who was the best blah blah blah. Was a long time ago surely you've all grown up and forgot about ego's in games... lol. Truth is there is no such thing as the best in Thid; in simple terms there are bad players, average players, good players and exceptional players (which I can only think of about 10 maximum). There is no such thing is 'The King of Thid'. Thugs was an exceptional player doesn't make him the king. Neither does getting Lone Enforcer on a kitted out bone dancer. But still doesn't make you less of a player. Time to step away from this don't you think?

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
I can't believe people are still arguing over who was the best blah blah blah. Was a long time ago surely you've all grown up and forgot about ego's in games... lol. Truth is there is no such thing as the best in Thid; in simple terms there are bad players, average players, good players and exceptional players (which I can only think of about 10 maximum). There is no such thing is 'The King of Thid'. Thugs was an exceptional player doesn't make him the king. Neither does getting Lone Enforcer on a kitted out bone dancer. But still doesn't make you less of a player. Time to step away from this don't you think?
agree, it's a game, trying to teach him that, i just wana destroy that ol' mans ego before i decide to leave those boards ;)

Lucius

Banned
How can either of you prove you were the best?

Titles speak louder than words and only they can prove who is the best - and who has the most /title kills on a single character here?

Me. I am the best. Thanks. Bye.

Logi

Part of the furniture
*cough* was *cough* and that was me ;) maybe you was before i got into that hellhole pre-nf but after a while when i got the hang of things & started Clueless and stuff, there wasnt many people who can say they defeated me or most of my guildies, we were pretty dominant. gotta love 4-5man BD groups sometimes, nonetheless, i have a 2k solo title on a thid toon and a 25k kill title on a thid toon, what do you have to proove your archeivements? you even have to lie your way around duelling me cause you know you suffered defeat ;x & i'm way more arrogant and persistant than you for one reason. i wana be the person to make you quit the boards xD

lies, u cant prove it anymore since ur BD is lvl 50 :p (<3 you)

oh and thugs, my BM killed your SB even when an add came midfight :p so that statement is false for being unbeaten! my BM was in shit armor aswell. if you would resub to fight either me or Xythic, you would not stand any chance at all, UNBUFFED our bms allrdy have 850+ HP and capped AF, Your damage would probably reach us to 50-60% after u die. If you can beat buffed players, id like to see you bash through 1000 hit points, capped resists, and shit loads of AF aka my or Xythics BM :p

anyways i think my druid can kill you too thugs <3. tell him Xythic! :p

PS: Strafe has changed, i know how to counter ur amateuristic strafe, ill show you what strafe is :p

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie

oh and thugs, my BM killed your SB even when an add came midfight :p so that statement is false for being unbeaten! my BM was in shit armor aswell. if you would resub to fight either me or Xythic, you would not stand any chance at all, UNBUFFED our bms allrdy have 850+ HP and capped AF, Your damage would probably reach us to 50-60% after u die. If you can beat buffed players, id like to see you bash through 1000 hit points, capped resists, and shit loads of AF aka my or Xythics BM :p

PS: Strafe has changed, i know how to counter ur amateuristic strafe, ill show you what strafe is :p

BWWWYYYYAAAAANNNNN <3 my homo BM friend. i missed you. help me annoy thugs from now on, and we both know i'm way better than you.. just not at BM :<

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
BM´s are useless. Works well as cannon fodder against my merc tho.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
How sad and empty your life must be that 2 years on your still boasting about this stuff, and feel the need to record it all too. So sad

It is just a teeny weeny bit erm...pointless?

Thugz

Banned

Never said I was unbeaten. I was unbeaten for 800-900 rps - 3 trips of Thid. After that I relaxed. Also towards the end of my playing career I just liked to log on and attack a few. Trouble was in the meantime my girlie - the crafter - had stopped playing; also I had stepped up my boozing. Result of all this was I played with a suit that was deteriorating. Ended up about 4 parts of it less that 80%. This sorry state of affairs allied to my drunken state meant I was nothing but cannon fodder. Still I managed to kill quite a few buffed up opponents. I had really lost it by this time though I will admit. Still to shine so brightly for so long was an amazing achievement. Who has shone so brightly since?

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
Never said I was unbeaten. I was unbeaten for 800-900 rps - 3 trips of Thid. After that I relaxed. Also towards the end of my playing career I just liked to log on and attack a few. Trouble was in the meantime my girlie - the crafter - had stopped playing; also I had stepped up my boozing. Result of all this was I played with a suit that was deteriorating. Ended up about 4 parts of it less that 80%. This sorry state of affairs allied to my drunken state meant I was nothing but cannon fodder. Still I managed to kill quite a few buffed up opponents. I had really lost it by this time though I will admit. Still to shine so brightly for so long was an amazing achievement. Who has shone so brightly since?
well, you sure musta been drunk alot back then, since your the only person who's ever read those boards who can remember pwning people.

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
I thought of myself as a good counter-strafer back in the days and didn't really have any problems with strafers. However while fighting Thugs things get more complicated.

Back in the days when Thugs was flamed on the boards whenever he appeared in a thread, everyone of his "critics" wanted to gank him hard, it looks easy to do when you see his videos; it always appears that the other player sucks, I remember the fight that he posted, and I remember doing a decent job keeping his strafing at bay, but on the other side of a video perspective it looks like crap game-play ;D.

Anyways, you were always hoping to bump into Thugs when roaming around solo so you could pwn him, and eventually most people did. But the adrenaline I got when finally meeting him turned against me when he used a superior strafing-technique I wastn't used to countering, thus resulting in me missing alot and him chunking away alot of my health fast. This destroys your morale and seriously affects your performance if you're not prepared for it, this is what gives him a chance and the reason he's such a tough opponent. Looks easy to beat on video, but GOD it's hard. The poorly kitted shadowblade with some decent strafing is not hard to beat, until you account for the pressure you always felt from the forums when fighting him. "GOD I can't loose he'll post it on the forums NOO NOOOOOOOO"

Thugs is Thugs thanks to the "Aura" he has generated to his character through the forums, and his strafing/weapon swapping.

I thank you Thugs for being the only opponent that made me feel that way, and for the fights we had. If your video-site is still up, could you post that fight where I dump DT on the final hit? (You can PM me the ones where i trash you, if you have them ;D)

Luckily I won my fights, except the draw previously shown in this thread, and sometimes with no problems at all. I don't brag about it though, me having a fully twinked merc.

My point is: It's harder than it looks ;P

Used to play a fire wizard, and an infil when things got a little to zergy, never bumped into you on those though /:

and Aleven: Remember fighting your BD, think I got pwned though? /:

And btw: would you stop taking this so seriously guys? ;P

Logi

Part of the furniture
I thought of myself as a good counter-strafer back in the days and didn't really have any problems with strafers. However while fighting Thugs things get more complicated.

Back in the days when Thugs was flamed on the boards whenever he appeared in a thread, everyone of his "critics" wanted to gank him hard, it looks easy to do when you see his videos; it always appears that the other player sucks, I remember the fight that he posted, and I remember doing a decent job keeping his strafing at bay, but on the other side of a video perspective it looks like crap game-play ;D.

Anyways, you were always hoping to bump into Thugs when roaming around solo so you could pwn him, and eventually most people did. But the adrenaline I got when finally meeting him turned against me when he used a superior strafing-technique I wastn't used to countering, thus resulting in me missing alot and him chunking away alot of my health fast. This destroys your morale and seriously affects your performance if you're not prepared for it, this is what gives him a chance and the reason he's such a tough opponent. Looks easy to beat on video, but GOD it's hard. The poorly kitted shadowblade with some decent strafing is not hard to beat, until you account for the pressure you always felt from the forums when fighting him. "GOD I can't loose he'll post it on the forums NOO NOOOOOOOO"

Thugs is Thugs thanks to the "Aura" he has generated to his character through the forums, and his strafing/weapon swapping.

I thank you Thugs for being the only opponent that made me feel that way, and for the fights we had. If your video-site is still up, could you post that fight where I dump DT on the final hit? (You can PM me the ones where i trash you, if you have them ;D)

Luckily I won my fights, except the draw previously shown in this thread, and sometimes with no problems at all. I don't brag about it though, me having a fully twinked merc.

Used to play a fire wizard, and an infil when things got a little to zergy, never bumped into you on those though /:

syw <3 <3

oooh btw, daoc = lyfe

Thugz

Banned

Maybe most did panic when they came face to face with me but then again there was more pressure on me to kill you at that time. Loads wanted to ridicule me. I found though that being so 'weak' against so strong opponents made me fight better and better eventually. I think really that sums up why my sbs were so damn good - cos I was so 'on the ball'. I turned my initial panic to remaining calm and in control yet totally focussed. I used to make a right balls up of fighting when I had taken a break for a few weeks though. Only came back 'on song' after a number of crap fights.

Ridiculous to keep going over this though as I don't play the game now. I might return to have a go again on the US servers but I am pretty busy with life stuff now.

My Daoc Video Site has now been switched off. I still have a number of videos mind - including a lot of my own fights. That fight where you dumped DT as you say isn't all that clear in my mind. Nearly all mercs used that on me at some point or other.

I have a few regrets with my time in Daoc and one was that 'draw' with you. If you watch the video - or did - you would see me pause at the end but no heal potion was taken. Reason being that I had taken a break again and was rusty. Meant my timing was off and I failed to take the potion in time. If I had that 'draw' would have been my victory. Major disappointment for me as I took a lot of hammerings to get to a point where I could figure out how to kill you. So damn close yet failed. Must stand as being my worse memory really. Still I am glad you were so panicky when you met me even when using a twinked merc. Must sure say something about my gameplay - Twinked Merc VS Unbuffed SB - yet the merc panics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom