Advice @Aada regarding your SB

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Aada I saw your two posts regarding the SB, and although NS RR5 is nasty, I think you can still do well on the SB.

You can do shit like that though with your overpowered RR5 ability, you can take down a tank, as a SB its a whole different story the LA mechanic sucks and the RR5 is a complete and utter joke.

I have to spec 50 LA 50 axe just to feel like i can compete with the other assassins. Ask any SB they would take the DW/CD mechanics over LA any day of the damn week.

Left Axe is important, but I don't think your spec is very good. I went that spec when I was RR6 and it's just not worth what you lose from CS openers.

You probably know, but LA works by your off hand swings every attack round. The higher you have in LA, the more dmg it will do. On Inf and iirc NS, they have a 'chance' to swing their off hand (for 100% of the dmg), and the more DW/CD they have, the higher chance it has to swing.

The 2h PA is great if you spec high in CS if you don't the damage isn't worth having it equipped.

Us SB wish we had godly RA's and a off hand mechanic on par with a infil/NS because right now it's horrible.

I don't agree with this either. 2hand damage is still strong. This is my spec;

RR7
44 LA
34 Sword
34 Crit Strike
33 Envenom
33 Stealth

I used to have 39 CS, but I really can't see a loss in damage. I've included some recent screenshots. I have hit a few hero's for 800 damage non crit with the 2hander, so tanks can still be killed. Just takes alot of swap outs hehe.

dpy9vl.jpg

20gy0x3.jpg

i2501z.jpg

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Edit: Latnis (3rd screenshot) was unbuffed :(

Soazak

Part of the furniture
At RR4 though he doesn't have a lot of options imo for speccing. I think the 5 spec is too watered down for low RRs.

While 2h rocks in certain situations, I don't think fighting NS with 2h would help much. On my inf there has been a few wtf moments that I get hit for 700 3x in a row, but they're rare, 2h SBs are usually fairly easy...it's the high LA ones that are tough. Likewise, I tried full crit when I dinged RR6, but found lethargy destroyed me

Imo LA needs to be at least 44.. and the 50 style is awesome so may as well go all the way :D

At RR4 I'd probably go 50 LA, 37 sword, 36 env, 36 stealth

Edit: I've not fought against the new NS RR5 as I've only just reactivated

Bahumat

FH is my second home
At RR4 though he doesn't have a lot of options imo for speccing. I think the 5 spec is too watered down for low RRs.

While 2h rocks in certain situations, I don't think fighting NS with 2h would help much. On my inf there has been a few wtf moments that I get hit for 700 3x in a row, but they're rare, 2h SBs are usually fairly easy...it's the high LA ones that are tough. Likewise, I tried full crit when I dinged RR6, but found lethargy destroyed me

Imo LA needs to be at least 44.. and the 50 style is awesome so may as well go all the way :D

At RR4 I'd probably go 50 LA, 37 sword, 36 env, 36 stealth

Edit: I've not fought against the new NS RR5 as I've only just reactivated

Sorry I should have explained. I am 34 CS and get those numbers with 2hand PA or Backstab. I don't spend the whole fight 2hand (hence 44LA). I just use it for the opening chain.

The post was in reference to Aada saying you needed to be specced high in CS for the 2hand PA chain to be worth it.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
i swear to god if you pa'd / backstabbed me for that dmg i'd delete myself from real life

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yeah, they all seem a bit like paper bags :/

Nibble

Part of the furniture
nice dps didnt u have 3 str relics tho? not qqing just asking although most ive hit for on my koby was 1.7k 2h Pa with a crit ofc

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ive tried 5 spec CS spec and Shadowzerk and SZ is the only way i will spec till rr8 or something.

I aint that great at getting a PA off on another stealther if we just bumped into each other.

I prefer SZ if i go 5 spec i just cry at my LA damage but yeah INF/NS have a chance to swing and when they hit they hit for full damage. What annoys me though is they don't miss much so it gives them an advantage really.

SB as far as im concerned is definately at the bottom of the pile the LA mechanic is simply under par and the RR5 is a lolfest.

I play the game for fun not to be fraustrated when i start looking at the numbers after a fight.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Ive tried 5 spec CS spec and Shadowzerk and SZ is the only way i will spec till rr8 or something.

I aint that great at getting a PA off on another stealther if we just bumped into each other.

I prefer SZ if i go 5 spec i just cry at my LA damage but yeah INF/NS have a chance to swing and when they hit they hit for full damage. What annoys me though is they don't miss much so it gives them an advantage really.

SB as far as im concerned is definately at the bottom of the pile the LA mechanic is simply under par and the RR5 is a lolfest.

I play the game for fun not to be fraustrated when i start looking at the numbers after a fight.

:(

well I hope they do something to the class which will make you have a bit more fun :)

they certainly did for shade after a long long time of being bottom of the food chain! :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I could prehaps live with the LA mechanic if we had a decent RR5 atm my RR5 gives me around 10-15 hps back per swing which is absolutely pathetic.

When i fight a shade the fight usually goes something like this..

You hit xxx for 250 a shield aborbs 98 damage
Shadowshroud absorbs 20 damage

Like most MMO's theres a reason why so many shades are popping out of the woodwork thats because they are overpowered.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
tbh I don't disagree with you there NS rr5 is overopowered even still after the nerf - moving it to 5 min timer was silly tbh :p

(in my defense i've had shade for a long time now)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Nope those screens were recent so we either had one or two relics. They are big hits, but I get 800+ on a lot of targets regardless of relics. Its fun using bludgeon, then 2 hand Pa on vamps. I run mos5 as with 3 I would see archers and they could shoot me before I could get the opener off

Aada

Part of the furniture
Can't you roll a SB?

I don't doubt your skill as your a very good player from what ive seen/heard :D

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
templating would be a nightmare on mid tbh :(

I have access to a rr3 sb in a dragon temp - which I believe the owner doesnt mind me using as my own as he's long quit and told me he doesnt mind me having the account.

problem is with mid is i don't have access to buffbots really :(

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
oh and I'm no more skilled than the next guy, I just enjoy the game and strive to improve :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
oh and I'm no more skilled than the next guy, I just enjoy the game and strive to improve :)

Your a beast ive seen you take on 3 and kill one or two and escape :ninja:

leviathane

Part of the furniture
if i was to pl a stealther on mid it'd be a hunter, cba with another assasin :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well im lvling a mins/inf atm gonna temp both ive always wanted to play a mins since the Alpha days of him pwning shit up even if he prehaps did use a radar :p

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
already told u this :p

purge 5 mos3 lw1

:)

then i'll be able to compete!

Lethul

FH is my second home
I played my SB as a pure 2h critblade for a while. Was loads of fun tbh, even more fun than 5spec :p Templated around having as many stealthlores as possible. Was rather powerful imho, tanks were a pain tho :)

500+ hamstrings on Heros wasn't that uncommon!

And always fun to oneshot luri casters out of FGs (random groups) :)

This was a long time ago tho!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I took 1 run last night on Frems rr3L2 5spec SB in a pretty solid dragon template (nothing was ml10)

first fight I had I pa'd a rr7 lurikeen shade (that had rr5 up)

for 800 dmg no crit - then went on to own him

second fight I Pa'd a caster for some 1.5k (with a crit)

and killed him.

then I missed a pa on a minstrel and got my ass handed to me - and I mean completely owned.

then I ragelogged to my shade and killed the mincer and had something like 70% left :(

bloody depressing

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Shadowblades played right have alot more potential to rip than a ns, /sidestun and 2x 2h polar rifts etc

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My new temp is complete. Gonna see what its like with the celerity tonight.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
template section it up megamate!

I won't be on tonight due to not having both bots on hib for a night, however on friday i'll have both bots again and be roaming around so can give you a fight or 2 :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
template section it up megamate!

I won't be on tonight due to not having both bots on hib for a night, however on friday i'll have both bots again and be roaming around so can give you a fight or 2 :)

Ah I already posted it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom