Why did you choose your class?

Tilda

My first charachter was a wizard which i got to lvl 12, i thought i'd be like merlin!
Then I saw a theurg in campacorentin forest and they looked damn cool, so I leveled one of them to 28 or so.
After that i had a cleric that i got to 24 or so which was mixed smite/rejuv :eek:
Then having seen ZERO cabbys around, mainly for uniqueness. I had so many people say when we grouped, wow, i've never grouped with cabbys before, they're ace.
Funniest time ever was when i first joined a tangler group in Lyonesse, I didnt know that you wern't supposed to kill the "Crip" so I as busy aoe dotting away, it took the group about 10 mins to figure out that i was dotting, and that I shouldn't. "CRIP! CRIP!"
And then i rolled reaver for a change in NF, because the whole lifetaps stuff sounded cool...(ok and i heard lev was overpowered)

Tilda

Helme

Resident Freddy
My first toon ever was supposed to be an dwarf hunter, altho i started as an dwarf mystic and wondered why the hunter trainer didnt want me and eventually i became an runemaster, which i got to level 12 and then saw Varg standing in aegir and duelling someone.. my first thought was WOW! stealthers are just so cool, soo Fallfren the gimp was created which was full stealth rest sword, got him to 22 then rolled my warrior just for the fun of it, really enjoyed the class back then i coud kill almost everything yellow/orangecon without getting hit at all. After sticking out with the "we dont want an warrior we want savage's" groups in emain i decided to make my healer, got it to 38 before ToA hitted the servers and went back to my warrior, who after some ML raids i grew really bored of and got the healer to 50 toa'd out and went RvR. After a couple months i went restless didnt login much and an friend dragged me over to hib made an nightshade of some reason liked the class but never got to 50 so took an break from game and got back deleted the nightshade and went back to mid and made my current runemaster which i enjoy greatly :)

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
My absolutely first char was a Skald.. i now understand all they wanted was speed in rvr :p
agreed
I did not stick to the skald for very long.. It sucked not beeing able to solo yellow con mobs,
erm u kidding right?
Even unbuffed my skald could solo yellows majority of the time, ok yes sometimes he would die, but once in a blue moon. Just after release i recall my lvl 10 skald soloing a red willow unbuffed. Now with sc and ra he can solo orange/red mobs in df with ease, without using active ras such as ip, yes it is dangerous at times.

As a skald u do as much damage as you can as quickly as possible, u have minimal defence. You will take damage thats not a problem tho you have rest song.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
the way of stealth atracted me much! but never knew it was gonne be like that on higher lvl's:p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I read the manual, I read that Armsmen were the only class that could use polearms, I liked the idea of using polearms for a change rather then your typical fantasy game swords and axes etc so I made an Armsman and I have never, ever regretted it.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
First char was my warrior, and im still playing him and improving him with all the TOA equipment. Biggest reason i choose warriors was due to tanking..always loved hardcore tanking classes :)

Didn´t know anything about Daoc that time, but had a friend playing it. He recommended me to go for 10 str/dex/con and i was off lvling :)

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I liked the consept of thanes.

SM was a natural choice since I always choose "evil necromantic" caster class when I play one.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Rolled a rm cause it seemed like a fun class, loved it much and by now i have tried every vialble spec there is avaible to the RM :)

after a while i startet to seek for new adventures, so i made my sm so it dinged 50 just as toa arrived, loved it, was like a god mode of my at the time Dark rm, solo that is :)

still play it and love it, fun in both groups and solo :)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
first one was a 1h thrust arms. but lucky for me we needed and cleric so i made one oO
allso played both arms and cleric in beta.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Chose wizard first because I liked the idea of casters, played it for quite a while but then it just bored the crap out of me, never got any good groups with him. At this point I was close to quitting, rvr was frustrating to say the least, just dieing over and over again. I half regretted not choosing Hibernia when i started, because caster groups were alot more common, and casters always interested me more in mmorpg's (chose Albion because I knew a few people there from a game i used to play called TFC).

I then joined a guild called black legion, which was my first taste of rvr in groups that didn't have a level 40 cabalist or similar :p The guild didn't really didn't last very long as it contained too many ego's. Fortunately though I met a few gimps that I got along with there and we made a new small guild called Band of brehons. I rolled Mercenary because thats what we needed in the group. Luckily for me I found playing Merc damn fun :). Played in a set group for a while, we were all kind of noobs to organised rvr though in a set group.

Then Toa showed its ugly face, we all did that on our mains and played abit more before deciding to roll casters, at which point I rolled a sorc because they looked like a fun and challenging class to play. We had played a melee group for about 8 months by this point, so we were all getting quite tired of it. Toa just sped up the process, as melee group didnt work really anymore especially whilst hibs had a bm / hero baby sitting their casters.

Got stuck in pve for a while then finally started to run a caster group and enjoyed it alot. Just experiment with setups these days, as everyone in the guild has at least 2 characters to choose from that are viable in a good alb group.

BoB has been gimping around in rvr now for over a year which isn't bad really for a guild of about 8 active players, best bunch of players you could ask for :) Certainly have no regrets about my choices of classes anymore.

http://www.btinternet.com/~empty_soul/DAoC/BoB_group.jpg

^^ miss the good old days though :)

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
I wanted a duel wielder that didnt look like a freaking woodsman or elf thingy :p

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I started DAoC with a reaver because people I knew from TFC who played DAoC said it was a decent class. I didnt really enjoy leveling it, PvE was damn hard, took ages but was so proud when I made it to level 50. There wernt many L50 reavers around at the time, so it was cool to go around and do AOE's, self buffs and get people spamming "REZ ME" etc, 'cos they thought I was a cleric hehe :), also people didnt understand what you were doing etc, so being different was kinda cool. I don't regret picking reaver at all, its a damn fine class and lots of fun to play :)

:wub:

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Started out right after beta, remember going alb because all the old Xanadu guys went alb too (well, they all said it was cool, so why not?) /wave Glottis :)

Anyhow started a saracen scout (coolest looking chars) and ended up speccing him slash with a thruster, shield and last but not least, bow. got bored real quick cos i thought i sucked, and i did :D

was my first mmorpg ever so was abit of getting used to, but hey it was great fun. So deleted scout, made my Infil, and this is where the real fun started! (even though it took me over a year to get him to 50) beside the point, going Gorge and the middy portal zone (whatever its called) and pwned pwned pwned!!!

i was like amagaaaaaaaad infils are teh shizz (they were :)) got him to 50 and pwned pwned pwned some more (good old times grouping with lorem in emain too).

After a while i got damn bored and fed up because of all the stealthzergs and decided to roll a different char. Made a necro got him to 50 in 2 days /played and decided, well if they're so leet in pve, why arent they in rvr? Heck they were! (solo non-stealth char, yeah right!)

Running around dodging zergs and desperatly trying to find stealthers, alot of the time it'd be 2v1 or 3v1, and hey i still won! good fun, but then all the steamrolling came in and pissed me off big time.

Rolled a sorc, lost godmode and got me some leet skillz and never regretted it! :m00:

Rock on!

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
Heared of daoc of a friend, so the day that it released we went to the store and bought it. I wanted to play in midgard since Im swedish :D
But my friend got me to play albion instead, where we both started 2 briton paladins :)

we duod all the way to level 10, where he got bored and started a ice wizard. I countinued with my paladin. Later I ran around some in camelot and heared thorwyn spamming broad with wanna creat guild offering 1 gold(wich was alot at that time).
But the group was full when I got there.
but joined the guild as the ninth member of Blade & Quill.
B&Q got me to craft instead of pveing.
so I could make my own armor while exping.
tasking from 1-650 takes some time though, I had alot more playtime back then, so I started exping and got past most people in b&q and got level 50 summer 2002 about 3 at night, sorry people who was in that group for forcing you to stay up with me at trees.

Got bored of the class after getting rr3 I think.
started a new class that I heard could get to level 50 fast and was leet in rvr. The cabalist.
well had some hard time exping with dots from level 1-40 but at level 40 I started grouping with fire wizies, sorry cant remember the names.
we could loads of goblin tanglers in duo anyway, was way to fast back then.
well at 46 I solod to 50 in about 1,5 day.
Had loads of fun with it. Remember my first solo fight with it in emain, some eldricht walked up to me I nearsighted him(65%) then he started walking closer, closer, closer closer, then I doted him and /laughed :p

well got bored of cabalistr since I realised it was not so great, really.
heared of the patch notes from US. THE mincer going to own all etc :p
so I started one and exped it to 50 in a month, was much faster now when SI existed.
had loads of action with him, left b&q joined loads of different guilds, came back to b&q. Then quit the game for about 6 months. Came back 1 month before toa, owned some, got my toa set half finished and was ml10. Then I meet the people who changedmy daoc career ;)
The prodigy(semi fixed group)was running around in emain without a mincer. So I joined their group, wub persued me to join their guild. We owned alot, got more realmpoints then I ever got before in so short time, did not take me long time to get rr7 from 5. We formed our own guild called "joy Division". I went of on a holiday. when I came back the people in guild was exping ice wizies, but they got bored. 3 days after Debuffs asked me if I was intrested in starting a mid group with them.
So there I started my berserk got to 50 on a week and got ml quests done in less then a month. And now I run around with my kick ass berserk :p short story ;)

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
Made a Blademaster cus they sounded cool with duel weild and also cus every1 said make hero cus blademasters sook :p

And they were wrong back then!

I've moved over to my VW as main, I love the extra utility in rvr and the dmg with a good setup is pretty impressive, also solos the nuts off my BM in PvE, making that lone arti xping grind less arduous ;)

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Scout was my first,

When we (UKM) started playing the game, we didnt know anything about it, we just choose our classes according to what suited. Many a time did I curse how shite a scout was to lvl until finally 8 months I dinged 50 & I really really enjoy my scout.

There have been many alts Ive played but none seemed to give me the enjoyment the scout gave me.

Eraser

Loyal Freddie
i beta i made a sorc, cause i couldnt find the wiz trainer at lvl 5 :p

body-nuked my way up to 24ish and figured out that my true nature lied indeed somewhere else, as i intended in the beginning.

by the time the retail started i had figured out where the wiz trainer can be found, so i rolled my beloved fire wiz on day 1 :clap:

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
In beta my 1st charcter was a pali with the name gudd was boring so made a zerker didnt get him very high then stoped playing as i thought the game was crap due to the lack of health/mana pots i found the games pve slow and incredibly boring something i still hate to this day but sadly the lure of realm based pvp was to much to resist tbh like alot of peeps a pure tank was the only option i wanted to play something about swinging a huge fcuk of big weapon at some one that brings a smile to my face.

Any way my 1st proper charcter some 2-3 months after release was my Arms Gudd had some fun on him at the time but i really regret not seeing the merc trainer.

Jerelyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Created a female norsebabe skald, named Jerelyn, August 2nd 2002, and she's still here :) i'm proud of her. she's a good girl :)
fonS, an irl mate and former flamerofd00m and NP member, told me about the various classes about daoc, and said that he'd suggest me playing a Skald. I then created a skald, and i've never regret that (except from the 100 million times she's been a pain to level, sc, etc etc. )
but she's my beloved char, and i have no intentions whatsoever of selling or deleting her.

-Jerelyn

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Scout because it was the archer of albion and most of my old UO mates came played albion when they left UO. i played archers in all games since the days of gauntlet being released on arcade machine in the eraly 80's to playing an archer mage in UO. Also when i was a kid i thought the elf in hawk the slayer was pretty dam cool :)

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
think im the only 1 which plays in the wrong realm with the wrong char. :( Didnt have had a clue about daoc as i chose an Scout and still dont have :)

give equal ranger account/iteams and get an gimped Scout.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
wish I played mid cus wanne play with ons such cute kobi :(

anyway I liked the idea about stealthing and I could go afk or watch irc when I wanted :p

endineit

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:

anyway I liked the idea about stealthing and I could go afk or watch irc when I wanted :p

awwwwww <3 :wub:

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
my first character was my cabalist, and i choosed it cause there where so few of them cabas when i started playing.

I play my rejuv cleric alot now tho, but now and then i let the caba come out n play =)

I will spread aoe dots all over NF when it gets here!
Mwha mwha mwha!!
=P

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
I played around with all 3 realms during the beta. I really wanted to make a Mid warrior on release, but my guild from UO was going to Hib, so I followed them. Closest thing to a warrior was a Hero. I liked the heavy tank roll. Protecting those weaker than yourself. I made a pure fighter class in the magic realm which seemed silly at the time, but when I read the Hero description, it said 'every caster needs a hero' (or something along those lines). Prob was, I went 50sword/50sheild and whilst it was great for PvE, in those days sheild just didn't work in RvR. It was quite a long time before we got the first respec. I've tried every possible spec now. Made a champ (started as just a weapon crafter and I decided to lvl it to 50). I've also made a bb druid to 50. I made a lvl 50 troll warrior on Pryd and that was the most awesome char I've played, but I just can't bring myself to try and get rr's and ml's and arti's on it.

Thats all my real chars and my hero has always been my main and always will be. Just a shame I can't get any rvr with it these days, so slowly lvling a real druid up now in a last ditch attempt to get some RvR enjoyment from the game.

Lireihuan

Fledgling Freddie
i played my theurgist to 50 and went to emain, it was my 1st char, all my chinese friend wanted me to play a theurgist so we can farm diamond seals.
i saw this white hair theurgist and this handsome armsman both wearing orange cloak with a cross on it. i think they r very cool, i wish i can play with them one day, and finally i did play with this armsman. we had great fun, then he quited. i am sad, but i realised if i keep playing i will make albion proud and there will be ppl like me who admire me and play like me. And that's what makes me keep playing a theurgist and still like it.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
well.. after playing many many non-online rpg's and destroying them utterly.. and setting loose my uber lvl 100 on Tethys server of phantasy star online.. i felt i needed a challenge...

tiny little char.. tank.. least popular realm.. strange spec..

stuck at it, and now its paying off :)

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
I chose paladin as my first ever class, back a few days after EU release.
thought it might be able to twist chants like paladin in diablo 2.. and I was right.. altho it was quite pathetic chant twisting, except on pve ofc ;)

since then Ive just enjoyed the pally too much to give it up.... even tho Ive made several attepmts through time (made merc and mincer alts, and got a BM on pryd etc), pally is just too much fun to stop playing :wub:

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:

so I mean nothing to u?

that just hurts :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom