Tribes MMO

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
They are the guys who run Global Agenda which was full of great ideas but no content, still had some of the best times playing it especially the PvP. Sadly the game has no lasting power and the subscribers dropped dramatically after a month.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
As the article states - the franchise was bought by a company which didn't make any of the Tribes games. As Tribes: Vengeance shows, just giving a game developer the rights to make another Tribes game certainly won't guarantee a success.

They're supposedly going to be doing alpha builds in the next 3 months - is this really enough time to develop much of a game? I can smell most of Global Agenda coming with new skins and various game tweaks coming along.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Oh yeah!
Tribes ranks right up there with Quakeworld as one of my all-time favourite online games.

My wife is drafting the divorce papers already.
:flame:

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Was reading about this yesterday, if they can pull it off I think I can wave good bye to most of my other online games. I still have fond memories of Tribes 2, though I had Vengeance I couldn't get into the MP.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tribes 1 with better graphics and actual people that still play is all I'm looking for.

Anything else that doesn't ruin the gameplay is a bonus. If it's any good at all it'll pretty much mean I won't touch anything else :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, apart from me and laydeeze obviously.

Might make it hard to drink, walk on the ground, move through air etc. but I'll still play Tribes :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
*tattoo Tribes logo on cock*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends what they do. Doub't it'll work as a wow clone and a planetside clone wouldn't work too well either.

If they manage to bring something new, keep the feeling and action of original tribes(or 2) and transfer it all to an immersive MMO world, with plenty of variation and still balance, they might succeed.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Depends what they do. Doub't it'll work as a wow clone and a planetside clone wouldn't work too well either.

that depends, a PS clone done properly would probably be rather popular, as PS itself had quite a big playerbase back in its glory days.

i fondly remember logging on back then and finding all but a few continents poplocked on all servers :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i don't mean a influence, but a straight out clone. Much like, hmm, warhammer i think was too much of a clone? Nothing really personal and all.

PS did have a good abse and was popular and from what i saw, the system worked.

Tribes world, combat oriented, persistent world(no resets), something new to the table and we might have a winrar.

A FPS MMO is still awaiting king afterall.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Alpha/beta signups are now up: Tribes Universe

It's probably one of the best bits of intellectual property for an MMOFPS, it's just a question of if they can pull it off properly.

Whilst I'm still skeptical, I'll give Hi-Rez a chance. I hope they can do it justice, as the Tribes series was certainly memorable for many people.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Alpha/beta signups are now up: Tribes Universe

It's probably one of the best bits of intellectual property for an MMOFPS, it's just a question of if they can pull it off properly.

Whilst I'm still skeptical, I'll give Hi-Rez a chance. I hope they can do it justice, as the Tribes series was certainly memorable for many people.

Thanks for the link, just signed up.

Again this is one of those things where they could potentially make a fantastic game, but it really does need a good dose of originality and plenty of dev time instead of cloning every other game on the block as a short cut.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Signed up too. That way if it's shit I'll be well sick of it before release comes round. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom