Games What are some of your favorite MMOs?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well those won't help at all, you could give the key points or a link that doesn't require buying stuff, but it's another subject anyway that's not relevant here. New topic?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well those won't help at all, you could give the key points or a link that doesn't require buying stuff, but it's another subject anyway that's not relevant here. New topic?

The listen-to link doesn't require buying stuff.

Also, I'm amazed* to find that, despite never having read Flowers for Algernon, which is a book based around mental compentency and ability to learn, you already know that it's "not relevant" to this discussion!

*unsurprised

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The listen-to link doesn't require buying stuff.

Also, I'm amazed* to find that, despite never having read Flowers for Algernon, which is a book based around mental compentency and ability to learn, you already know that it's "not relevant" to this discussion!

*unsurprised

It's not relevant though, because it's more about how well you learn and not about if you learn at all.

If you don't learn at all how MMO mechanics work, then you shouldn't play MMOs. As it is, if you do learn while you play, then time = skill is true for all games that you yourself are able to learn.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm not talking about what the book is about o_O

This discussion is about learning to be better at a game when you play the game. It's just a fact that you learn a game by playing it, how -well- you learn it and what your cap at it is is irrelevant to the games core mechanics.

If you're unable to learn MMO mechanics, then the MMO shouldn't cater to you either. It's a personal problem, not a game problem.

Also on a sidenote, since you -have- read the book, you should be able to use the arguments made there quite easily to discuss things, instead of demanding someone waste time on it and expect a magical change of heart.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
you should be able to use the arguments made there quite easily to discuss things, instead of demanding someone waste time on it and expect a magical change of heart.

I've already given you the only reasonable distilled version and given you an option to challenge your own ideas by reading something I think could sway your opinion (and entertain you massively in the process).

I can't help it if you don't wanna do it... :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes but it's still off the beaten path of this discussion.

It comes down to one question; if you've never played an FPS and start playing one, will you become better at it to any extent? ANY extent.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I've enjoyed guildwars 1 and 2 but any MMO I've had the misfortune of subscribing to has been wank.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sorry Wazz but he does have a point. Football management games seem more pointless than MMOs to me.

It's not relevant at all. If I was a checkout worker at Waitrose, would I not be allowed to have a personal opinion on Aldi? Of course I am. What my job is and what I actually think are not mutually exclusive entities, what a silly thing to suggest.

I'm disappointed in you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actually both are the same. Your game requires virtually no skill to win at and has players who spend obscene amounts of time playing it (wasting their time)

You seem to think people who play MMOs have some sort of problem, ergo you think your customers have some sort of problem.

Not to mention you have a pretty juvenile outlook on gamers, which is surprising for someone who works in the industry.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What are you basing that on exactly? I've said only one thing that could be construed as critical of gamers:

"Don't say that! The MMO fools have yet to reaslise that time spent does not necessarily equal ability gained."

So where are you getting this "juvenille outlook on gamers" from? Oh yes, you're talking firmly out of your arse again.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
DAoC in its prime ofc.

Played WoW, maxed out with top gear and got bored of sitting around town jumping on my mount.

Played WAR which could have been really good and I loved my character (rr60 squig herder), but let down by missing a third realm to fight against and was mostly a boring zerg a lot of the time.

Not really had the time to play anything else.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
None as they all drain your money and life away.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's not relevant at all. If I was a checkout worker at Waitrose, would I not be allowed to have a personal opinion on Aldi? Of course I am. What my job is and what I actually think are not mutually exclusive entities, what a silly thing to suggest.

I'm disappointed in you.
It's more like working on the checkout at Tesco and then saying Asda people are totally gay because they ring items through tills for customers and only gayers do that.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No it isn't. I'm not criticising the makers or the consumers of the product that is being sold, I'm being critical OF the product being sold.

So that doesn't work, what you mean is: "It's more like working on the checkout at Tesco and then saying Asda brand goods are shit."

Everz

FH is my second home
DAoC obviously but Asheron's Call get a close 2nd. Both skill based.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No it isn't. I'm not criticising the makers or the consumers of the product that is being sold, I'm being critical OF the product being sold.

So that doesn't work, what you mean is: "It's more like working on the checkout at Tesco and then saying Asda brand goods are shit."
...even though they taste the same.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
But they don't, at all. They're recognisable as comparable products but have distinct characteristics.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm typing this with my tongue while enjoying mind pics of Wij and Wazz as bleach blonde front and rear tramp-stamped Aldi check out girls. Wazz is about 4'8", massively overweight with an infected cheek piercing, and Wij...looks more or less as he does now tbh :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
DAoC always will be the best nothing like it before and the 3 layer pvp ..

Nothing like 2001 or 2 walking from atla to gna faste with the forests all around you not knowing anything in them shitting yourself

First PvP kill came out shaking so much of a more emotional response that i have not had since.

WoW was good but it wasnt the first .. like losin your virginity

Still searching for that DAoC compulsion to sit for 10 hours in Malmo ..

Not found it since.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Good times in Malmo, run its 12:00, everyone to the mountain, dragon incoming! Good times.

Memories of dragon raiding, love the breath attacks :D

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Have you and Toht swapped logins?

*hopes Wij will post something about his shits now so this nonsense reaches its natural conclusion*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's twice in two days that's been suggested. First Scouse's account being hacked by me and now Wazz's and mine being swapped.

I'm starting to think there's some kind of a stereotype regarding my actions :unsure:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i was 14 when i started playing MMOs and it blew my mind, dont think i played a singleplayer game for the first 2-3 years after that, it was as if something was missing

since then i find any mmo where i dont have a setup guild ready from day 1 or a duo/trio ready to roll gets dull very fast (also as a working stiff i dont have as much time anymore for that kind of thing :p )

what i miss most about DAoC is the "static" battlefield, i detest this "reset" after a certain period of time and i hate battlegrounds/arena for the same reason, whats the point of doing it if any benefit will simply be reset after a day or two

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom