Games What are some of your favorite MMOs?

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
DAoC is definately mine, but I'm more curious about how many you've played, when you started playing them and which you'd rank the highest among them

To help you conclude this I present this survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R8KGDJB

Actually it's a study for a university project, takes about 3 minutes to complete, would be much appreciated:)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You missed Jumpgate from the list, that was my first MMO!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ány MMO i've played really, they've all given me a lot of entertainment.

Difficult question as every MMO brings something else to the table, but "Favorite" has to go to WoW i guess, it's something i return to the most.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
WoW I suppose, seeing as I have played it off and on the longest but DAOC was exceptional in its day.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
thats a frightening list, about 75% of that ive played at one time or another :(

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I started playing MMORPGs when I was 28, but MUDs (precursors to MMORPGs) when I was 17. Maybe there should be an option for that? :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
First MMO was UO. Still have the best memories of that one :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I saw on the news all the dead people in WoW yesterday. It immediately became my favourite. I imagine millions of people setting foot outside their houses for the first time in years, blinking in the unaccustomed light.
ah-citydeath1-10-7-12-1349630759.jpg

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Playing DAOC through the night and wife coming down @ 7am saying "WTF ARE YOU STILL DOING ON THAT GAME", ahh the memories :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Playing DAOC through the night and wife coming down @ 7am saying "WTF ARE YOU STILL DOING ON THAT GAME", ahh the memories :)

Tell me about, for a while 4-6am farming sessions in Sidi were just ridiculous but I couldn't help myself!

Punishment

Resident Freddy
DAOC and Eve Online both great games the rest are all generic and pretty much the same, then again i always preferred the PVP aspect if outskilling 2-3 people alone

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
None

Pointless waste of time.

Curry & Top Gear gets my vote ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I played Eve for a bit and WoW for a long while.

Yep. They're shit. Pretty front-ends to databases which involve no personal skill whatsoever.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Don't say that! The MMO fools have yet to reaslise that time spent does not necessarily equal ability gained.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I played Eve until i lost 2 2bn isk macherials inside a week and then i took afew months off only to come back to find my fully fitted and fuelled carrier+dread new machariel and 5bn isk worth of other stuff now docked in a red station, logged off not logged on since :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
See? This is whats wrong with society today.

Men don't wear proper hats anymore
You can't smoke a pipe in the bookmakers
You can't buy half-penny chews
You can't walk your dog off the lead
Allowing people under 25 to have a driving licence
12 points and you lose your license. Permanently.
Women MPs
Allowing Woolworths to go belly-up. This should never have happened.

Less Jay Kay and more James May

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i judge games by entertainment, not by what features and mechanics, or there lack of, there is.

WoW has kept me entertained for years, as have other MMOs and as such, they are just as good games as the halflives and morrowwinds out there.

MMOs especially still have this absolutely horrendous stigma of "nerdy timewasting nolifer games", which is twice as awful when it's INSIDE the gaming culture that we've tried to remove those stigmas and insults out of for years.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Try and remove the insults by making MMO games where your skill level doesn't entirely depend on the sheer number of hours you sink into it then for fucks sake :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Try and remove the insults by making MMO games where your skill level doesn't entirely depend on the sheer number of hours you sink into it then for fucks sake :D

Might want to rephrase that since that's every single game in existence ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Not true at all. You don't continue to get exponentially better in most games. Most games you hit a talent wall after many hours. MMOs don't have that because of the levelling systems that are normally close to infinite.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You need to differentiate if you're talking about gear or skill because your own personal skill level isn't capped to a certain standard in any game. The more hours you spend, the better you become at the game.

If you're talking about gear, those are capped at a certain level and is dependant on hours you've spent gathering them. But that's true in skyrim(gold and sh*t), minecraft(resources), and many other games as well.

Not that this has anything to do with the in-gaming culture stigma of MMOs, but anyway :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You need to differentiate if you're talking about gear or skill because your own personal skill level isn't capped to a certain standard in any game. The more hours you spend, the better you become at the game

Again simply not true. I've been playing Quake 3/Live for a decade and I'm much worse now than I was a few years ago. Yet I've spent more hours playing. So it's simply not true.

It's not true btw.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
You have been playing Quake 3 for 10 years and you are bashing modern mmo's, cmon now...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I outdate the MMO genre playing quake and it doesn't need a shitty leveling based system to keep me playing... the gameplay does it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom