Games What's your best ever MMO memory?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Saw a similar thread on Reddit and thought it would be nice to hear stories here.

Mine "
Getting to level 8 on my shadowblade on DAoC and dying to everything, realising I had no idea what I was doing and rolling a Warrior, which I got on with loads better. What a game, what a time.
Got the Warrior to 30 and then rerolled a RM (Aoam) which was my first 50."

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've got two that spring to mind from WoW, the first being a funny one and the second a achievement:

We were doing Magtheridon raid, there we are in the main room just discussing our plan and suddenly the fight starts and we all die. A player called Skygge starts laughing, in his Nordic English he explains what happened while still giggling. He had eaten some storm chops in the game, these cause little zaps of lightning, and while standing near the NPC it zapped it and started the fight.

Achievement wise as a guild at the time it would have to be beating M'uru pre nerf in SWP.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hitting level 60 on WoW with @Jupitus, @Yoni and others whilst listening to house music.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Kiting a zerg of 5fg+ across Emain with my own fg and killing them all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Uninstalling DAOC, that shit took far too much of my life.

Gray

FH is my second home
Mine was probably from WoW as well, joining a new guild who was one of the best on the server at the time and I tried my luck at applying.

Not that though, when I did my first run of Dire Maul with some of them as a guild, with the hope of getting the Quel'Serrar book. Dropped on the first run.

Then being in awe at Onyxia

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Planetside 1, 3+ full squads of Sovereign Guard (our guild/outfit), so maybe 30-40 people. We were going to sneak capture a base, then hold on until the rest of Vanu forces could move in to reinforce. Normal time for the hoi polloi to show up was about 20 minutes.

We captured the base easily enough, but the enemy resistance was insane. Hundreds of enemy players swarmed us. We had initial superiority in tanks on the ground and in the air, but over 30 minutes, we lost most of our vehicles, and it became a desperate last stand to hold the spawning point and the command console. After 90 minutes, still no allied forces had shown up, and we were left with half our forces alive, cooped up inside the command terminal, holding on for dear life, using scavenged weapons, as our own had long since run out.

And then it happened, purple lasers everywhere. The pressure eased off, then stopped, as our enemies turned to fight the new arrivals. We promptly hit them in the back and the day was ours. 30+ Vanu hover tanks and other vehicles rolled in. The purple zerg had arrived to save the day.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Probably our 1% ony fail…. Who was to know that iI would marry the hunter who died last <3 and me blaming him \o/

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Probably the first time I ever managed to solo the Lich King on Heroic when it became possible for some classes during Pandaria. First kill and he dropped his mount for me.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Being blue con and RR4 - the only one ever on Excalibur. Shit was off the wall.

Great Northern War in EvE, circa 2006/2007. Running guerilla ops in my interceptors, deep scanning fleets and dropping ours on them, harrassing traders and miners behind enemy lines...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom