run thru & engage

Dard

Part of the furniture
Run through used to be considered lame & an exploit of game mechanics if i recall correctly, i'm guessing its considered cool & "l33t" now as a lot of people seem to do it? (or am i the only person who seems to spend half of his fights with his opponents out of view?)

Same attitude with engage it seems, engage, slam, rag/levi/pb shot <whatever> engage yawn rinse yawn repeat.

Getting rolled by superior numbers is part of the game in my eyes, i can deal with that, /release, rebuff & go out again, but in my opinion its a bit cheesy when solo'ers play like this, or am i just out of touch? :(

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Run thru and strafe... basically..counter strafe and stuff... position yourself better in the fight... and constantly change facing/movement..go with the flow.
Engage...depends on your class and your enemies class tbh. Use your imagination and make use of all the tools u get.

gohan

FH is my second home
Run thru and strafe... basically..counter strafe and stuff... position yourself better in the fight... and constantly change facing/movement..go with the flow.
Engage...depends on your class and your enemies class tbh. Use your imagination and make use of all the tools u get.

strafe u can counter... run throught u cant, cos they run foward faster than you run backwards, so with lag abuse ect and yes it is abuse no doubt atall, they will hit levi/rag/stun ect everytime eventually

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
try runing throught him..hitting face and backstyle yourself.. u c what happens. And u dont even have to do that...try sidestepping.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
everyone who run-throughs and strafes is lame in my opinion, no respect.

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Stand still and spam the qbar is the way to go then? :puke:

If someone engage you and theres a mob near just pull it, if u are being attacked your enemy cant engage you :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
out of view x 10 is better then?

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Just dont stand there while they kill you... position yourself and isnt a problem. No way i'd get 10 not in view msg in a fight :eek6:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
oh well strafe all you want if you think so, I still think its lame , I hardly ever strafed, and I dont even strafe against shield tanks.. You do realise that you can kill without it too? Also I cant see the point of ppl strafing/run through against an infiltrator. Like yesterday I had SL up, jumped some rr6 sb, after he went down to 50% in like 2 hits he started running through and trying to land side stun, which ended with me failing like 3-4 styles due to not in view:(

oh and if you're all so smart, please enlighten me how do you counter run-through with 140 ping against enemies with usually 30-40 ping.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
lamest is really when assains use snare envenom an then do that, you got no chance of counter strafing .

aika

Can't get enough of FH
or garotte and run through, hf countering that.

Dard

Part of the furniture
So to beat a lamer you gotta be a lamer? not my cup of tea to be honest, i'm really not that desperate to win a fight, i just enjoy a good tear up trying to get reactionarys off (heh, which i really dont do very often :england:).

ho hum, will try saying "i must play like tard" 100 times everynight before i go to sleep & see if that helps me any. :touch:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Also found it funny some rr5 warrior engaged my merc today, "oh noes one style got through shield, must engage mates!", players like that are just :puke:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Give me plate, a huge "pole" to play with, a melee immunity rr5, or other things like shield and hots along with proper armours, blah blah blah, the list can go on, then I'm just going to stand there and spam styles.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
They know how to move their character and benefit from it :> abuse, cheat, hax, ect...

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
I must be a baaad abuser then with cripple poi, anytime garrote and run throughs :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Run through used to be considered lame & an exploit of game mechanics if i recall correctly, i'm guessing its considered cool & "l33t" now as a lot of people seem to do it? (or am i the only person who seems to spend half of his fights with his opponents out of view?)

Same attitude with engage it seems, engage, slam, rag/levi/pb shot <whatever> engage yawn rinse yawn repeat.

Getting rolled by superior numbers is part of the game in my eyes, i can deal with that, /release, rebuff & go out again, but in my opinion its a bit cheesy when solo'ers play like this, or am i just out of touch? :(

Last time I checked engage was an ability from the shield line you can put on your qbar.

Last time I thought about it, run through was the exploitation of missing colision detection.

Two different things.

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Give me plate, a huge "pole" to play with, a melee immunity rr5, or other things like shield and hots along with proper armours, blah blah blah, the list can go on, then I'm just going to stand there and spam styles.

Anytime snare(garrote), PA or Backstab, poisons + viper, vanish, huge evade rate, supprise the enemy as beeing able to be stealthed in general blah blah blah, the list can go on. You chosed to play a stealther, none forced you. As a one got all the tools to kite tanks or fast kill casters the only downside is that requires some skills to achive the kill. Assasins are not blademasters/mercs/zerkers with stealth and poisons. The sad thing is that modern assasins act like they are ligth tanks as i said, they just want to attack and get the kill despite if they performed succesfuly PA or BS. Dont blame your class for the abilities it doesnt have, blame your self for not use correctly those it provides to you. But i dont blame you, why bother with those things since you can easily rely on ballet dancing and strafe jump around like a drunk bitch and have the same good result for you self. I dont blame strafers, its just eh game that alows them to do it.

As for the "ballet dancing" with stick+strafe+windowdrag, what can i say.... it can be countered but the counter movements are not always working so there are times that the "dancer" get more hits in that he sould, plus it gives enough time for poisons to eat your HP.

Well that happens when coutner strike mofos play daoc i belive. Banny hop! mates!!:kissit:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Not my bad if you can't counter some simple things. Feel free to come up with something else than just emoting in the middle of a fight to just let you go.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing since day one and still don't run through :)

I enjoy a fair toe to toe fight - run through's tend to be used when :-

a) They start losing and realise they ain't as good as they thought.

b) They cack their pants at the sight of YOU and decide to do it :)

c) Their crap players and will do anyhting to win - I hope one day they remember its just a game :fluffle:

End of the day - play the way you like mate. When you meet strafers I'm afraid its just something you have to try and counter.

/bow

aika

Can't get enough of FH
totally agree lorimez, maybe its somehow ok to strafe on a shield tank after 1.87, however absolutely no reason to strafe against an inf.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
So the point is that since some can't deal with a particular playstyle, it should not be used. Deal!

PS: I'm pretty sure that you could have PM'd requiel when he was still in daoc, and he'd come up with some lsd influenced spirit of the game shite and perma ban me, but hey, fraps it and rightnow it, not like they're working on solving any problems the cluster might have.

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Not my bad if you can't counter some simple things. Feel free to come up with something else than just emoting in the middle of a fight to just let you go.

Since when /rude means "Let me go!" ? I'm starting to belive that you leave in a daoc dream world...

I stoped figting you cos it was so hillarious to see you jump around like chicken just to be able to hit me from behind while i had my back on the bridge wall. You just make use of the lag combined with stick and windowdrag.

Oh and yes you are doing great against someone with CL buffs. :worthy:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Since when /rude means "Let me go!" ? I'm starting to belive that you leave in a daoc dream world...

Sorry, next time I won't let you go.

I stoped figting you cos it was so hillarious to see you jump around like chicken just to be able to hit me from behind while i had my back on the bridge wall. You just make use of the lag combined with stick and windowdrag.

Side stun, not rear. Pincer as a follow up, again from the side. The technique is quite easy, involves one hand on wasd keys with z as stick, and the second hand on the mouse so you can turn your toon and click 8 where "ice storm" is located. It might seem complicated to use more than a couple of buttons, but some of us do.

Oh and yes you are doing great against someone with CL buffs. :worthy:

Get a buffbot, get some friends, get some groups. QQing about buffs is quite old.

alkz

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing since day one and still don't run through :)

I enjoy a fair toe to toe fight - run through's tend to be used when :-

a) They start losing and realise they ain't as good as they thought.

b) They cack their pants at the sight of YOU and decide to do it :)

c) Their crap players and will do anyhting to win - I hope one day they remember its just a game :fluffle:

End of the day - play the way you like mate. When you meet strafers I'm afraid its just something you have to try and counter.

/bow

Try playing a fairly low rr skald, stick the soloers that's out, champs, armsmen, stealthers and shield users and spam provoke/crushing blow and you'll see how fun it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom