Engage Abuse

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
hello people:)

Just wondering if any other soloers have noticed a very high increase in so called soloers spamming engage recently???

I would say out of last 15 fights i have lost about 9 Due to this new craze.

If you want to use this tactic then suggest you stick to duoing or trioing cos tbh you aint gonna get any respect from the people you kill in this method..

Jamie

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Well i fought u twice during last hour and didnt used it. Engage is just really usefull agaisnt vamps who power up on mobs.

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
From a friar's PoV, any shield user looks like to be on engage 100%
block block block parry parry block miss

:(

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Abuse?:twak:

Then I vote you can't use any other stuff in fights aswell!! - Only pull out your weapon and hit unstyled.

Tsk tsk tsk...

Vegedk

Fledgling Freddie
never engaged anything cept vamps.. and tbh didn´t seem to work that well

but if it´ll win me the fight vs u.. i´ll gladly use it :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
With the upcoming shield changes for me on Heretic it will be a lot of:

Enage, 5 second stun, Leviathan, Leviathan, engage.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Engage abuse :f

Its usefull when you have low shield against maybe an archer or smt ... besides that any duel-weilder worth their salt should be able to get around it :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Punishment said:
any duel-weilder worth their salt should be able to get around it :)

Untill next patch, already loads of whines from ze Yanks about DW vs shield engage.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Andrilyn said:
Untill next patch, already loads of whines from ze Yanks about DW vs shield engage.

Should make up for 4 years of Heavy tanks being butchered against Duel weilders dont you think ? :)

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
mansich

atleast you been honest about it...but if i fight you again and you start using it will just stop fighting cos its pretty lame...
punishment like you say any dual weider maybe able to get around it but lw tanks tend to struggle unless they also start abusing the game with run through annihalation and the likes..which is not my style..

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
jamiesmallicus said:
atleast you been honest about it...but if i fight you again and you start using it will just stop fighting cos its pretty lame...

Who are you playing atm? Noobinscales?

Tbh I rarely use engage nowdays the people I can use it against I have a good block chance anyway and against DW it doesn't work good.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
engage is bug abuse ?

if i use it engage then block chain next how is that a bug its the way you bet vamps as a shield users

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm... Abuse, seen through Mythic's eyes is when you exploit a bug or something else, not intended in game mechanics, right?

Engage is ment to be used as an extra block bonus where you give up your offence to use it. If people is useing it in this way, no matter if they just is waiting for an after block style or to make an Vamp spend him self up, they are useing it in the line with what was intended with it. Therefor, you cant call it abuse.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
valks do it quite a lot, still die though :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's right up there with the "playing a vampiir" abuse we see these days.

Almost as horrible as the stealth abuse - all these people vanishing in plain sight.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
lol of all the cheesy and lame tricks to complain about in modern RvR and you moan about engage which has been here and exactly the same since release?

'so called soloers' have had 5 years to learn how to get round that one.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
lol of all the cheesy and lame tricks to complain about in modern RvR and you moan about engage which has been here and exactly the same since release?

'so called soloers' have had 5 years to learn how to get round that one.

Kiko Kagato! :D

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i mean comon ?!?

we are not allowed to use engage anymore because it is lame in the PoV of some ?

keep it comming.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i misunderstood :(

i thought it was a new 1337 kiddies combat ability /engage "abuse", horner-style :(

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
I never thought i'd see the day, but I agree with Muy.

Get a grip man.

You're complaining about loosing because somebody is giving up thier chance to hit you to increase thier block rate?

Exactly what are you doing while they're not hitting you?

Tombha

Fledgling Freddie
well i think its so lame with people actually fighting back! and if youre gonna fight back.. im just gonna stop fighting you coz it is so lame.. just fyi!

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
think about it..

the people using it are abusing it..
its a case of Iam losing ok,i will engage wait for a good time to hit then re-engage...if you call that fair rvr then go join them in there skills...if you do think its fair am pretty sure you dont know what real soloing but is, have just come across it and worked out a good way to abuse it,since fg rvr has gone quiet you need to abuse some other form of rvr...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
jamiesmallicus said:
its a case of Iam losing ok,i will engage wait for a good time to hit then re-engage...if you call that fair rvr then go join them in there skills...if you do think its fair am pretty sure you dont know what real soloing but is, have just come across it and worked out a good way to abuse it,since fg rvr has gone quiet you need to abuse some other form of rvr...

your talking crap, the ability wouldn't be there if it was abuse

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...

jamiesmallicus said:

Just out of curiosity, exactly how are you seeing it as abuse?
Is it really that powerful? I mean compared to someone beeing 5-6 RR higher than his enemy? Or all the other different powers that diffirentiate the classes etc?

Not meant as a negative comment, just interrested in knowing.

/Charmangle

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
jamiesmallicus said:

so why exactly should some1 give up and loose when they have atool at hand that might turn the fight so they can win and is perfectly in line with CoC and in no way abuse cuz its used exactly as its meant to be used?

explain pls i doesnt seem to get it :(

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Not meant as a negative comment, just interrested in knowing.

if it can be perceived as a negative comment, its inevitable that people will find a way

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
ohhhh lollers.. get to the side/back. hit the one engaging..
then they can't "engage" because they've been in combat recently..

ofc theres still a chance they block the normal way. and still gets you stunned. but hey..
oh btw. wasnt 42shield a anytime stun.. the 50shield style is just as bad. that 1 sec extra stun time doesnt hurt that much as you'll 99times out of 100 purge it anyways.
--edit/add--

if its because you lose endurance.. try a end regen pot?

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
jamiesmallicus said:

Christ, what about all the ppl who

oh it's a case of I'm losing, ok i'll IP/Moose/Soldiers Citadel/Wargard/Malice................................

I really got no idea what you're expecting from people. Do you just stand there and hit an anytime, and use no abilities at all to turn the fight in your favour?

You can look at most fights and find a reason why you won/lost due to an ability either used by you are against you, really don't understand why you're singling out engage.

And it's got fuck all to do with 'knowing what real soloing is' if anybody disagrees with you, they've just got a different opinion.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Get the CL heal line if you come up against it that much. As soon as they see you healing up faster then they can, surely they'll stop engaging, hit you and thus you're in combat again so they can't engage you.

If they don't then they've just given you a free full heal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom