run thru & engage

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
What else is lame? Sprint? Stick? Face? RA's? Styles? using ladders? Cmon stop bitching about people using game mechanics or abilities to get through a fight. And if you are any of the new fotm rerollers, heavy thanks or whatever, be happy that someone engages you 1vs1. And staying toe to toe agaisnt another opponent can't be called "fair fight". Improve evolve learn, countering this things will only make you a better player and allow you guys to take more from the game.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
this is abusing game mechanics. But I wont argue anymore, its the same like using remedy against a low rr stealther, strafeing to land a side stun, engaging to wait for slam immunity to wear off, etc.. just purely playing to win all the time.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
this is abusing game mechanics. But I wont argue anymore, its the same like using remedy against a low rr stealther, strafeing to land a side stun, engaging to wait for slam immunity to wear off, etc.. just purely playing to win all the time.

The game mechanics can be abused, true, but there is no reason to not use them. And you need to use them when fighting a opponent that you know will kill you if you don't.
It's ofc not only about winning, fair fight is always nicer than chain killing low rr's, but if you have the means to win a fight and you don't use them resulting on your death, it's called suicide!

Dard

Part of the furniture
Last time I checked engage was an ability from the shield line you can put on your qbar.

Last time I thought about it, run through was the exploitation of missing colision detection.

Two different things.

Last time i checked it said DAoC was just a game,

Last time i thought about it, people play games for fun.

Now remind me why all the players fucked off, oh yeah it was some random 8v8 peeps & the odd solo-er as well as some long haired geezer called Requiel that reduced the population to almost nothingness, nothing at all to do with people who forget its just a game.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I've been playing since day one and still don't run through :)

I enjoy a fair toe to toe fight - run through's tend to be used when :-

a) They start losing and realise they ain't as good as they thought.

b) They cack their pants at the sight of YOU and decide to do it :)

c) Their crap players and will do anyhting to win - I hope one day they remember its just a game :fluffle:

End of the day - play the way you like mate. When you meet strafers I'm afraid its just something you have to try and counter.

/bow

d) They are simply better at moving their character around and beat you because you can't? :S

To be honest, why would you play worse than what you're capeable of and lose?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
d) They are simply better at moving their character around and beat you because you can't? :S

e) They are trying to give a good show to the people standing around watching the fight ;)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Against tankish visuals...many times even the stealth attacks do sh*t dmg...and especially when they have ways to outsurvive u by far...or outdamage u by far... u need to act accordingly. To be able to bypass defences, do dmg, survive longer ... and escape with as much HP as possible (remember... peeps add all the time.. u will prolly need the extra hp).

As for Lasttime...the infil thing u said. Well... if u have poped remedy or something... or since u can generally outdmg the normal sb... why not strafe a bit .. especially after Hammy...to get in your side/behind u... deny your evade7...and land Leaper/RS...especially...since one can do this....and apparently u cant counter it. (but if u could counter it... one should try anyways.)

Strafing and all is knowing how and when to move your char... it comes as an extention of knowing how and when to use your abilities/styles... end of story imo.

guid0

Fledgling Freddie
strafe u can counter... run throught u cant, cos they run foward faster than you run backwards, so with lag abuse ect and yes it is abuse no doubt atall, they will hit levi/rag/stun ect everytime eventually

move back and turn with the mouse at the same time. all while spamming sidepos with anytime followup.
will make the runthrougher endup to your top right or left corner and enabling sidestyle prereq, takes a bit of finger gymnastics to perfect though.

for engange-sluts i usually just move away as it almost seem to block 360 :(

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie

He he. I don't worry about the strafers because it's a game. I play the game how I like and end of the day, I don't come here and whine about those that are better than me / use known bugs to win. (Not that you are :fluffle:)

And for the gentlemen who suggested that I should try playing a low rr thane - I won't becuase I'm albion through and through . . and . . and Mids are full of Kids :) :) :)

/bow

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
He said skald...and he pointed out that by standing just there pressing the styles... u end up dead usually.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
He said skald...and he pointed out that by standing just there pressing the styles... u end up dead usually.

My apologises - skald. No one said you have to stand there - you can move and cast, DD etc. Don't have to use strafing to win - seen enough Skalds play well and win without doing it. :cheers:

/bow

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
My apologises - skald. No one said you have to stand there - you can move and cast, DD etc. Don't have to use strafing to win - seen enough Skalds play well and win without doing it. :cheers:

/bow

/shrug... havent really played a skald ... but if its semi anything like a hunter... u need to strafe and stuff.

alkz

Fledgling Freddie

/bow

oh so I can walk backwards, thanks, helps alot instead of just face/stick to use my abilitys. Since the strafe and forward buttons seems to be forbidden.

alkz

Fledgling Freddie
And when we're at it, let's forbid casters running from tanks, melee lag causes them to not beeing able to hit. Must be exploiting the game aswell. And casters must stop casting if they see a enemy run around a corner since the lag in the game causes them to land the spell even tho you're out of los.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
And when we're at it, let's forbid casters running from tanks, melee lag causes them to not beeing able to hit. Must be exploiting the game aswell. And casters must stop casting if they see a enemy run around a corner since the lag in the game causes them to land the spell even tho you're out of los.

Absolutely - daoc the new way! Only allowed to hit /stick then attack and watch the result. :cheers:

/bow

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
if people run trough on me, I use to strafe like a random prick, and land side pos slash, and kite the shit out of them;>
cause then I know they got no chance to survive.
can't catch a minstrel on range with end pots, just impossible.
or if they strafe, I strafe back, or if they run trough I got the choice above, or this one. kite, or steer your turn around with the mouse. they got no chance of backpos then;>
what do they call it? mouse toggle something? mouselook?

" waiting for a reply that says "

or if they strafe, I strafe back, or if they run trough, kite, or steer your turn around with the mouse. they got no chance of backpos then;>

LOL YOU ARE ALWAYS KITING YOU NOOB WORST FUCK MINSTREL LOL!

anyways, try that out, with mouslook. they just run trough for nothing. works for me sometimes.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Last time i checked it said DAoC was just a game,

Last time i thought about it, people play games for fun.

Now remind me why all the players fucked off, oh yeah it was some random 8v8 peeps & the odd solo-er as well as some long haired geezer called Requiel that reduced the population to almost nothingness, nothing at all to do with people who forget its just a game.

Good way to go off topic in your own thread. Grats.

alkz

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely - daoc the new way! Only allowed to hit /stick then attack and watch the result. :cheers:

/bow

That's what you're saying in the original post right? I can't move to land positionals or move so that shieldusers have less chanse of blocking? Only way I can move is back or stick/face. Meaning people with less dmg output and less defense will loose, end of story. Skalds and mincers can pack their shit up and leave since they wont stand a chanse in hell vs the armsmen, reavers, champs, heros, paladins, thanes, valks, warriors and melee stealthers (not to talk about maulers and vamps), that's out if not alot higher realmrank.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
That's what you're saying in the original post right? I can't move to land positionals or move so that shieldusers have less chanse of blocking? Only way I can move is back or stick/face. Meaning people with less dmg output and less defense will loose, end of story. Skalds and mincers can pack their shit up and leave since they wont stand a chanse in hell vs the armsmen, reavers, champs, heros, paladins, thanes, valks, warriors and melee stealthers (not to talk about maulers and vamps), that's out if not alot higher realmrank.

No it's not. I dont mind positionals (Merc here btw :)) but I don't agree with using run through to land them. I'll wait for a stun (DW stun, dragonfang or shield stun)/ assiting on target fighting and then use my positionals. I also think its worth you bearing in mind that some classes CAN'T compete with tanks - hence their strength lies in other ways but I'm sure you know that already. Otherwise I'm moaning that my Theurg can't melee down a shield tank! :fluffle:

/bow

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Good way to go off topic in your own thread. Grats.

It couldnt be more ontopic, but.... the whole strafe argument has bin done to death. The shield patch didnt help either.
Engaging on Thanes oth is a load of crap and engage in general requires as much skill as playing a bd (mebbe even less).

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
It couldnt be more ontopic, but.... the whole strafe argument has bin done to death. The shield patch didnt help either.
Engaging on Thanes oth is a load of crap and engage in general requires as much skill as playing a bd (mebbe even less).

So only thanes can engage? yawn...

Dard

Part of the furniture
So only thanes can engage? yawn...

Ofc coz Tuth clearly states in his post that thanes & only thanes have the ability to engage, no other class, just thanes, yessir, just thanes, glad we cleared that up :eek7:

islef

Loyal Freddie
i will run through on any that start to enage me, as that is my only chance. I know the people that just engage and wait for slam time then roxbox style with dd or another 100% win ability will not like this but tough luck.

Or if possible i will drop them off a bridge for 80% fall dmg and THEN run through. Engage = retardness against any dual wielder, so expect retarded play coming back if you do it... simple!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom