Rumourville, smell the napalm, it's a good day to die

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
And secondly there is a more sinister point to this as I alluded to in a previous thread.

It's a good day in terms of media to make cash as a freelance/citizen journalist to make some good money with all the furore of MJ's death - not even mentioning FF's death. So to add more stories on such a lucrative day as this, will not only add to the sales of newspapers but also to advertising revenue, which is why stories like these are goldmines and cash does quite often (but only when it's so good that they will pay - under normal circumstances, I wouldn't pay for information I can get free from another source that's more press friendly) part between parties if the information is of a nature that's vital to a running or breaking hot story.

What people don't understand though is that journalists will rigorously check and check and recheck the source of information first before they go public and report a news item as fact. They don't suffer fools.

Even in the case of MJ and the BBC, they were apprehensive to report the death until they personally had it confirmed from the source while gathering other sources that were prepared to report it first - this is usually due to libel laws, defamation etc - all prison worthy sentences to an editor who has not taken due care or has gone to print and be damned for it. Being first is not always best as you can imagine the consequences of being wrong and then the lawsuits that follow....

Now you might think, damn that Imgor is scum, but note I am working to do a job that promotes and distributes the wealth of democracy among other things that are of public interest. If for me that's what brings the bacon home, then so be it, I'll lie in bed with the reputation that is collared akin to the tax man :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom