Advice All roads lead to....

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Rome, baby! Yes, me and m'lady are now booked for 4/5 nights in Rome at the end of September... so you know the drill by now folks... advice on things to do / not to do, plus anything else you have to offer, please!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Rome, baby! Yes, me and m'lady are now booked for 4/5 nights in Rome at the end of September... so you know the drill by now folks... advice on things to do / not to do, plus anything else you have to offer, please!!
Have a lovely time and pics!!!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Eat, mainly. Same as for anywhere in Italy! It's been a while since I've been to Rome, but I would definitely say to give yourself a full day for the Vatican. I don't have a religious bone in my body but I could have spent hours in the Sistine Chapel alone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've never been so I'm well jell.

Only tip I have is leave your army camped ouside...

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I agree with @DaGaffer. The Vactican is a must see, St Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel are worth the trip alone. I'd also recommend Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum, along with the Pantheon (still blows my mind they somehow manage to build this so long ago without modern equipment). There aren't many places where you can find 2000 year architecture in the middle of a modern city. The Colosseum I found a bit meh because apart from the outer skeleton there isn't much left to see.

One bit of advice / warning. Unlike other capitals all the famous landmarks are not all in a central location. Rome is large and everything is quite spread out. Give yourself more time than you would normally to get around.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I agree with @DaGaffer. The Vactican is a must see, St Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel are worth the trip alone. I'd also recommend Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum, along with the Pantheon (still blows my mind they somehow manage to build this so long ago without modern equipment). There aren't many places where you can find 2000 year architecture in the middle of a modern city. The Colosseum I found a bit meh because apart from the outer skeleton there isn't much left to see.

One bit of advice / warning. Unlike other capitals all the famous landmarks are not all in a central location. Rome is large and everything is quite spread out. Give yourself more time than you would normally to get around.
He needs to give himself 5 times what a normal human would need if walking in time ....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

As with most cities these days, the hop on hop off is your friend, but I'd say that's especially true for Rome (they didn't have it when I was last there 20 odd years ago and getting about was a bit of a pain in the arse).

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
17016259870589029389237569461034.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom