Rift

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got to level 15 (the maximum on the trial) There is nothing really wrong with it and the rifts are a good idea but there is nothing in it that isn't done better elsewhere. I am going to level something else tomorrow but I doubt I will be buying it once the trial ends.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I rolled a Warrior today and the game has gone from boring to fun to for me in a few hours lvl 14 already and quite enjoying it prehaps Mage was the wrong class for me.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I found Mage boring too =P

Played a Warrior to 50 and I ended up rerolling as the rotation and playstyle in PvP is just too simplistic to be interesting, imo anyway

Playing a Rogue now (Nightblade mainly) and finding that a lot more fun, there's also more people about in the contested zones now that other people are leveled up, I'm 38 so far and have 75 PvP kills all from soloing while leveling ^^

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Warhammer?! Hahahahahahaha

WAR suffered from major set backs but the enjoyment factor was there & there was variety in things to do.

Rift is pure warfronts & ganking. WoW is pure BG's and arena. Open pvp died when WOTLK came (if not somewhat during TBC). WAR had open pvp, scenarios, keep takes yada yada yada. Just a shame the mechanics weren't perfected.

Aada

Part of the furniture
WAR suffered from major set backs but the enjoyment factor was there & there was variety in things to do.

Rift is pure warfronts & ganking. WoW is pure BG's and arena. Open pvp died when WOTLK came (if not somewhat during TBC). WAR had open pvp, scenarios, keep takes yada yada yada. Just a shame the mechanics weren't perfected.

The problem WAR had is that they should have never put Scenarios in the game in the first place, instead of people running around in the contested zones most stayed in the PVE zones waiting for their SC to pop.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The problem WAR had is that they should have never put Scenarios in the game in the first place, instead of people running around in the contested zones most stayed in the PVE zones waiting for their SC to pop.

Rep for that, scenarios were fun but a massive part of the problem in WAR as it took too much attention away from the actual realm war that was supposed to be vital.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Rep for that, scenarios were fun but a massive part of the problem in WAR as it took too much attention away from the actual realm war that was supposed to be vital.

Yep most people just couldn't be bothered with the open war side of the game because it was easier to just queue for SC's and you got great XP for those as well.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Also because of how shit some of the sce's were, it was far wuicker to gain xp by farming your enemy at the spawn point for 15 minutes.

It's been said thousands of times no doubt, Mythic just need to make daoc fucking 2!

eksdee

FH is my second home
couldn't find a good reason to resub, the rest of my group felt the same. go figure. Rift remains a game that has a lot of potential, but it is untapped until they close all the Warfronts and make some good PvP zones. Since that won't happen any time soon - anyone want to buy an account with two level 50 Mages with good gear? :D

Afran

Part of the furniture
No interest in pve at all then i guess either miri :p

eksdee

FH is my second home
we cleared everything but the raid dungeon as well :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
it's meant to be pretty damn hard though? and with RoS about to come out :) a lot of content for such a new game imo

eksdee

FH is my second home
It's PvE - you either do it once and learn the tactics or you find the tactics off someone else and one shot it. Who cares :C

Afran

Part of the furniture
I care! I won't be quitting either way, solo pvping is fun as rog ^^

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I doubt any new game will have enough content to keep hardcore gamers happy. If people have time to level up two level 50's they will just eat up any new games content.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I doubt any new game will have enough content to keep hardcore gamers happy. If people have time to level up two level 50's they will just eat up any new games content.

QFT.

The people with no jobs/bum student will burn through any content in less than a month but then again they are not Trions or any other company's target players.

Their target playerbase are the casual player who won't burn through the content in a month but will take their time with the game and most likely still be there in 6 months time.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I have a full time job. I also have a long distance relationship which eats up a lot of my weekends and yet I have two level 50s, one nearly Prestige 4 and I've seen pretty much all the content the game has to offer. Just because I maximise my gaming time doesn't make me unemployed or a student 'bum'. I also achieved first class honours on my degree while 'hardcore' gaming. People's playtimes are up to them and I respect that, but casting aspersions upon someone and essentially calling them a waster because they have two level 50s in an MMO is ridiculous. I choose to spend the vast majority of my free time on MMOs, thereby allowing me to maintain a 'hardcore' playstyle. What is wrong with that? Sure, some people blow through content because they are indeed 'student bums' or unemployed. I play with one of each ;), but not everyone who blows through an MMO's content early on is.

My /played on both characters was something like three days to 50. It's not hard to level in Rift. Please think before making assumptions and insulting someone. Whether you mean to or not is another thing, but still.

I do have to say I agree with Turamber though, the modern MMO player is almost impossible to please. With that said, I do believe I've played enough of MMOs over the past ten years to make a value judgement on what a game may or may not pan out to be like. Rift seems PvE-centric and without any PvP dedicated zones, and none in the pipeline so far as one can reasonably see - especially considering such a major content update this early into the game would be an absurd expectation - thereby /cancel sub, at least for now.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Exploit currently circulating allowing someone to simultaneously equip a 2h and two one handers at once, meaning double spellpower etc. Can't say I've noticed many people using it or aware of it but I have had some shockingly big bursts against me today and this obviously (partially) explains it.

Not sure how it's done though - something to do with macros.

edit - I cancelled my subs too. May revisit in future but doing warfronts every evening? No thanks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I like the class design and the look of Rift quite a lot actually, but from what I saw it was like any other MMO to have come out since WoW. Go kill 10 of these and collect 15 of them, don't forget to deliver this dooda on the way though! Rinse and repeat until 50.

If the content is good and repeatable then it doesn't matter if there isn't much of it. It is utterly pointless to try and compete with WoW for PVE, like it or not it really is the best at it.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
what i enjoy is collecting artifacts. going routes around the normal ones to find untouched areas full of white sparkeling stuff makes me happy! also the small achievments that gives you spechul loot is fun

Afran

Part of the furniture
Exploit currently circulating allowing someone to simultaneously equip a 2h and two one handers at once, meaning double spellpower etc. Can't say I've noticed many people using it or aware of it but I have had some shockingly big bursts against me today and this obviously (partially) explains it.

Not sure how it's done though - something to do with macros.

* Fixed a bug that was allowing some creative people to equip one more weapon than they had hands for. This was not an intentional advantage of being an Ascended.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Right so I got level 50 a couple of days ago on my cleric. What do i do now tho? All my armor/weapons are blue/green with one purple from a puzzle. I'm guessing I won't be up to t1 or the warfronts yet? I have about 125 plat so not sure if i should buy the mount or use the money to gear up.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
You´ll be fine with the lvl 40 mount. Most of the time when you´re using a mount, it´s for surfing rifts and you´ll always have a huge number of people with slower mounts, so you won´t miss anything.

Spend your money on different soul setups, so you get an idea about what your souls are capable off and when to use them.

Otherwise, get a guild and start some expert dungeons to gear up. :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Right so I got level 50 a couple of days ago on my cleric. What do i do now tho? All my armor/weapons are blue/green with one purple from a puzzle. I'm guessing I won't be up to t1 or the warfronts yet? I have about 125 plat so not sure if i should buy the mount or use the money to gear up.

You'll be able to heal T1 experts no problem. In fact, in a good group and if you're a good healer you can easily go straight to T2 also (we did this). Spend 100p on the mount. Don't waste 30p on a mount you need to replace ultimately as making money at 50 can be a bit of a chore. Don't buy stuff off the AH, spend the rest of your money on training up your last souls. Only 125p at 50 seems low though - I quested 1-50 on my second 50 and had around 230p when I dinged.

Failing getting T1 groups, run a few normal CC/APs and you'll get some decent blue items. The staff from the CC quest is more than adequate until you get a T1/2 epic.

...and you can always just chain WFs for gear. You'll be P4 within 2 weeks of purely doing WFs every evening/weekend and can easily by each tier's items with that tier's favour gain. The only thing you will lack really is weapons, but if you farm some cash or have a tradeskill to make cash you can easily buy very good PvE BoE epics off the AH for around 20-50p a pop. If you go down that route, crafted epics are also very good until you can replace them with T2 gear, be it PvE or PvP.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
what i enjoy is collecting artifacts. going routes around the normal ones to find untouched areas full of white sparkeling stuff makes me happy! also the small achievments that gives you spechul loot is fun

You should try Everquest II if you enjoy collecting artifacts then :p Rift nicked the idea from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom