Rift

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So mate of mine talked me into this,
is anyone playing this atm, and if so

wich server, type (pvp,pve,rp) fraction, etc......

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It's brilliant :p

Currently playing on Bloodiron PvP, we rerolled from Whitefall due to 3k queues.

Game has pretty much robbed all the good bits from the good mmo's added it's own soul system (very interesting btw!) and released a game which is by far the most polished mmo I have played from release.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's brilliant :p

Currently playing on Bloodiron PvP, we rerolled from Whitefall due to 3k queues.

Game has pretty much robbed all the good bits from the good mmo's added it's own soul system (very interesting btw!) and released a game which is by far the most polished mmo I have played from release.

Exactly what he said, apart we went to Imperium PvP...

It's a brilliant game... the invasions are fun etc, makes it spontaneous and not predictable, apart from when you go back to hand in a bunch of quests, there's a bunch of RIFT mobs ganking the person you're supposed to give a quest to! :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
the best part for me is the fact you can respec so much! DAOC has base trainers like rogue trainers, and you can train to be a scout OR infil; in Rift you can respec to be both. I have 1 spec for pure sniper for example and on my way to unlock the assasin spec, which will just be something fun to try.

And yeah the rifts themselves are great, you can just have a perfect day and then a horn sounds the sky blackens and loads of mobs come hehe. Im only 19 or so right now but has been fun to play so far, Im liking it.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
The game is very good! I`m started playing in Beta and it was already stable and more or less bugfree.

Pros:

* intersting theme, the slight steampunk touch on the defiant side is a nice twist from the usual "orc, goblin, sword +10" stuff

* very stable and bugfree

* decent graphics

* no spell/skill overflow, almost every spell/skill you get is somehow useful

* great flexibility in character specs, you can form any kind of character you want (although I assume that in the endgame, it all boils down to the extreme specs)

Cons:

* itemization is a bit shallow at the moment. You´ll get a new and slightly better item with every other quest. Dropped items are rare. -> army of clones

* Warhammer engine... movement is slightly jerky at times, animations are not THAT good.

* around level 17, you´re running out of solo quest content (at least I couldn´t find a new quest hub), forcing you to grind rifts or form groups and go into the first dungeon. Not everyone´s cup of tea.

Calaen

The game is very good! I`m started playing in Beta and it was already stable and more or less bugfree.

Pros:

* intersting theme, the slight steampunk touch on the defiant side is a nice twist from the usual "orc, goblin, sword +10" stuff

* very stable and bugfree

* decent graphics

* no spell/skill overflow, almost every spell/skill you get is somehow useful

* great flexibility in character specs, you can form any kind of character you want (although I assume that in the endgame, it all boils down to the extreme specs)

Cons:

* itemization is a bit shallow at the moment. You´ll get a new and slightly better item with every other quest. Dropped items are rare. -> army of clones

* Warhammer engine... movement is slightly jerky at times, animations are not THAT good.

* around level 17, you´re running out of solo quest content (at least I couldn´t find a new quest hub), forcing you to grind rifts or form groups and go into the first dungeon. Not everyone´s cup of tea.

Thorw you must have missed a hub dude, I actually ignored some quest hubs due to getting mad xp from the FAE dungeon. Depending on when you get to the hub.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Thorw you must have missed a hub dude,

uh.... where? o_O
The last hub I found was the one next to this burning city and the highest quest there was the "King for a day" quest.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I've been following it, gonna give it a month or two before i invest. Not rushing into it like i did DCUO and it ended up being pants.

Looks facinating due to the PVP.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Will wait to see what people think of the end game...

Calaen

uh.... where? o_O
The last hub I found was the one next to this burning city and the highest quest there was the "King for a day" quest.

I'm guessing your defiant :p

In that case I have no idea, but on Guardian side, there was more than enough quests hubs, I was level 20 when I went into Gloamwood to level. without having to srcbu around for experience at all. I'd recommend a couple of dungeon runs if yuo are short though because the xp is very nice.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Yeah I'm on Guardian so cant help either Thor, but i was the same at 17+ I just missed an area; eventually quests should lead to it.

Larossa

Fledgling Freddie
uh.... where? o_O

There should be a delivery quest to take you to the next quest hub which is in Stonefield. Head back to the first main quest hub (just before King's Retreat) and run along the wooden bridge, head left and follow the road up.
It is a fair way from Denegars or whatever it was called.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yes, I finally found the transfer quest! There´s still a gap between 16 and 18 though, but there IS solo content after 18 again. :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im 32 and a bit atm, havent had to search for any quests or grind any xp yet

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Like i asked on another thread;

Why should one move to rft, when it's basically wow, when one already has a career in wow?

What feature makes it worth the cost and effort?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Because it´s doesn´t have this bloody Disney comic look and because it´s a new theme.

If you´re a WoW zealot with a bunch of lvl 85 toons and like Blizzard, then there´s probably no reason to change. For all other people (hard to believe, but there are people who are NOT playing WoW), it´s the best new released MMO since years.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I stopped after Wow Beta, so that makes it easy for me...me last mmo was..Daoc :p

this is the first game since then, that has "that feel" to it...
but then again, I'm only lvl 10 on a RP-pvp server

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Because it´s doesn´t have this bloody Disney comic look and because it´s a new theme.

If you´re a WoW zealot with a bunch of lvl 85 toons and like Blizzard, then there´s probably no reason to change. For all other people (hard to believe, but there are people who are NOT playing WoW), it´s the best new released MMO since years.

Oh how hostile :p

Since the outlook of wow doesn't bother me, there isn't really anything then?

A new theme isn't exactly riveting as a selling point ;)

Not a wow zealot by far, but there needs to be some reason to actually change an MMO.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

If you havn't tried anything other than wow since wow came out then maybe this is true.

Fast

Part of the furniture
For all those ppl thinking this is just "another" mmorpg good luck catching up ;)

Level 30 Bard Sagespire.

Calaen

Like i asked on another thread;

Why should one move to rft, when it's basically wow, when one already has a career in wow?

What feature makes it worth the cost and effort?

It's just different Toh. It's difficult to explain, at the end of the day it is just another mmo, but everything they have implemented just works really well. THe big point is the soul system, you can be Tank/DPS/Support with one class. No longer do you need to reroll to get the taste of a ranged spec/stealthspec.

PVP at the moment is scattered, but we raided the defiant zone stonefield two nights ago with 20 people. No one is getting one shotted, healers can do a fantastic job but they have to be protected and there best heals are single target. It's no worse than WAR was for pvp with regards to how the combat actually feels and WAR was as good as we've had for a good while personally.

The buzz line for WAR was 'WAR is everwher'e. It would have been more apt for Rift because if there isn't enemies to slay or pve quest mobs to hunt, you have mad rift invasion coming down from the skies, along with roaming pve invasion forces. You really can't stand still for too long.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It feels very generic though, warfronts ( Battlegrounds/scenarios/whatever ) feel like BAD copies of other games, levelling is very quest grindy ( only 50 hours to cap ), the invasions feel gimmicky already, and the first few instances suck ( but improve a lot later ).

The only reason to play imo, is if you like world PVP or you are bored of wow completely.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Oh how hostile :p

Since the outlook of wow doesn't bother me, there isn't really anything then?

A new theme isn't exactly riveting as a selling point ;)

Not a wow zealot by far, but there needs to be some reason to actually change an MMO.

Didn´t mean to be hostile, but you have to admit that your question sounded like a cheap trolling attempt.

People are changing MMOs because they´re bored of their old one, have reached a point where they don´t see any progression anymore or generally want to try something new.
Rift is not revolutionary or anything, it´s just a solid and well made MMO. If that´s not enough for you, then I guess you should stick to WoW.

Zede

Part of the furniture
what server is everyone on ?

and...when the game is "released" will the chars u make now still there ?

registered my details, d/l client updater, put in email & pass ..but think i need a cd key to be able to download it ?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone know if end game is any good yet.. not wasting £30 for ANOTHER decent start MMO and rubbish end game.

Zede

Part of the furniture
where did ppl purchase the head-start from ?

been lookin on amazon & comments there indicate amazon are havin trouble with the cd-keys :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom