Rift

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Just started yesterday.

Going for a warrior Paragon, Riftblade & Champion. But I choose the Void Knight instead of Riftblade by a misstake. Havent figured out how to change this yes?

I bought a new thing at the trainer for 30 gold. Which seemed to make me a new slot where I can put 3 new warrior classes in! But how do I gather a 4th soul?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
when you get to level 13 you can visit the capital city, you can then pick up a quest from every career trainer. Once completed you get that soul.

You can only have one of those quests active at anytime. After the completion of a rift, use the item you get for the quest. This will spawn a mob based on the soul you chose. Kill it and return to quest giver. The soul is now available to use.

- English -

Resident Freddy
you can only have 3 souls, but you can get 4 roles

you can just respec at your trainer your 3 souls. You have to take the quests tho if you want another soul if you havent unclocked them. Ie if you want warlord, go see the warlord trainer.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
By level 5 I hated it.

By level 10 I utterly despised it.

By level 15 I would have happily murdered baby Jesus for an hour with Warhammer.

By level 20, hmm it is actually getting better and I understand my class now.

By level 25, oh man, that is actually quite cool and you can see the effort the developers put into designing the zones.

By level 30, time for a respec into something imba.

By level 35, fuck me I can KILL THE WORLD ON HALF A BAR OF MANA! :D :D :D

By level 40. This is the best mmo since DAoC, quite possibly ever, if they sorted RvR out instead of the current mish-mash.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yeah gotta say im still enjoying it. zones are nice and varied and its a better mmo than anything else about atm.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
My rogue is level 50 :) Enjoying the game still, shame that the rogue class is so poor compared to the other classes. Mages seriously need rebalancing, you meet whole groups of them in warfronts o_O

Afran

Part of the furniture
Rogues are very strong, most people can't play them well enough though =/ Admittely so quite weak on the PvP front outside of 1v1s

pikeh

Resident Freddy
is there a decent solo scene or just an epic clusterfuck like war?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
By level 5 I hated it.

By level 10 I utterly despised it.

By level 15 I would have happily murdered baby Jesus for an hour with Warhammer.

By level 20, hmm it is actually getting better and I understand my class now.

By level 25, oh man, that is actually quite cool and you can see the effort the developers put into designing the zones.

By level 30, time for a respec into something imba.

By level 35, fuck me I can KILL THE WORLD ON HALF A BAR OF MANA! :D :D :D

By level 40. This is the best mmo since DAoC, quite possibly ever, if they sorted RvR out instead of the current mish-mash.

Just described any MMO that does the hook aspect with any effect ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Had my mage at 50 a while now but levelling my rogue as its my gatherer. To avoid most of the rep grind, decided to put 3 crafting skills on main and not bother with any gathering skills.

Playing the rogue as bard in PvP. Its very funny, not trying to kill anything but running around CC'ing and healing. Since most players seem to go for zomg pew pewz0r they don't see to recognise the value of an undermining, CC'ing little shit :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Had my mage at 50 a while now but levelling my rogue as its my gatherer. To avoid most of the rep grind, decided to put 3 crafting skills on main and not bother with any gathering skills.

Playing the rogue as bard in PvP. Its very funny, not trying to kill anything but running around CC'ing and healing. Since most players seem to go for zomg pew pewz0r they don't see to recognise the value of an undermining, CC'ing little shit :D

Exactly what I am doing on mine, 3 main crafts on my warrior who I have stopped level for the moment, 3 gathering skills on my cleric who will be my second character, butchery and foraging plus apothecary on my main char my Mage. This way I get plenty of materials for my crafters to skill up and churn out stuff.

As for pew pew, exactly what I am playing on my mage. :p

eksdee

FH is my second home

Yeah, Bards are so powerful in PvP. In our group our Bard pretty much won every fight for us.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
So you can actually be rogue and bard together?

Btw i ve just bought the game. On which server most of you play? :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
So you can actually be rogue and bard together?

Rogue is the class, bard is one of the speccing options you have. One of the best things about Rift is the multi-speccing of your character.

Most rogues tend to go to the maximum in one tree as there is little synergy between the non-ranged trees, but you'll find if you play around with other classes that you can make very strong combinations without maxing out one tree over another.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone still playing? free character transfer every week to any server has convinced me to resub.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
im playing guardian on blightweald - but considering transfering to a pvp server instead of pve.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
im on Shivermere Guardians havent been on for a couple of weeks though

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i quit and sent all my money to chodax, he never even thanked me!

Afran

Part of the furniture
Don't know how you lot are doing server wise, but some of the biggest guilds including ours moved to Bloodiron lastnight for various reasons, would just like to say I'd highly recommend the server if you aren't happy where you are currently; open PvP is actually very active on this shard, warfront queues are nonexistent and even if you're going to queue at 4am you'll get in within <5 minutes, people even run tier 1 groups here despite it's the best PvE progressed shard around, economy is also a lot healthier than our last shard. If anyone does consider transferring here, do it fast, they're likely to lock it soon :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Having to join a raid with a load of elitist snobs keeps putting me off this game, I want to relax and play, not have some american rage at me because I healed 1 second too early...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Having to join a raid with a load of elitist snobs keeps putting me off this game, I want to relax and play, not have some american rage at me because I healed 1 second too early...

There are some cocks, sadly, but then there are in all MMOG's. I got flamed to hell for rolling on a cleric tanking item as I was in a raid and playing ranged DPS. I pointed out that I have a tank build but apparently it was still ninja'ing.

I left the raid with a few choice words about where they could stick their loot.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
There are some cocks, sadly, but then there are in all MMOG's. I got flamed to hell for rolling on a cleric tanking item as I was in a raid and playing ranged DPS. I pointed out that I have a tank build but apparently it was still ninja'ing.

I left the raid with a few choice words about where they could stick their loot.

Well, atleast on our server(Sagespire) it is common sense that you can only need for items useable by the role you are using in the current party.(If you are playing as tank cleric, you can roll for the tank healing gear etc and not the DPS/healing ones)

If none of the tank classes playing in the raid at that time needs it, you usually ask the raid if it is ok to need on it for a subspec.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Mainspec (the spec you are playing in the raid) > Offspec > Alt

Those be the loot rules of modern MMOs. It's just easier that way.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
fuck that, i have 3 main specs and i need for all. Bard, DPS and Tank. People dont like it, they can:

a. fuck off
b. roll for the items too
c. fuck off.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
thats also the thing i dont like about this game - that you need so many different sets (2 pve sets for rogues with 3 sigils and 1 PvP set)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom