Rift

Turamber

Part of the furniture
(If you are playing as tank cleric, you can roll for the tank healing gear etc and not the DPS/healing ones)

Then you are left in a situation where you can only tank when you have the equipment but you can't tank because you don't have the equipment. Stupid rule. It was chain therefore I rolled.

At the same time you have warriors rolling need on leather armour which goes uncriticised. Like I said, a very stupid rule.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
yeah I had my bard losing leather because said they can wear leather and the stats are better than what they had, so I just started rolling for what I need.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Then you are left in a situation where you can only tank when you have the equipment but you can't tank because you don't have the equipment. Stupid rule. It was chain therefore I rolled.

At the same time you have warriors rolling need on leather armour which goes uncriticised. Like I said, a very stupid rule.

Warriors should never roll on leather equipment, which is just plain bullshit.

The rule is actually quite fair, as one playing the tank roll on the raid, and then as a main profession should have the first pri on tank drops dropping for him.

If you are a low equipped tank, then start at a lower rate. Get some mates to craft you some toughness gear, and you will get 100toughness in no time, to be able and start tanking t2s.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Meh, hopefully they will make it like DAoC is at the moment, you can get the best gear etc without joining groups.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Meh, hopefully they will make it like DAoC is at the moment, you can get the best gear etc without joining groups.

Yeah because what MMOs really need is to be made even more into single-player games than they already are.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Some people play for fun, and for me, and many others, joining a load of elitist geeks to get raids done is not fun in the slightest.

It's a shame, people treat MMO's so seriously, one day I'll find a fun guild who laugh at dying.. maybe....

eksdee

FH is my second home
Playing for fun and wanting to be able to do everything alone in an MMO are worlds apart though. I couldn't agree more that people who are mega-serious about PvE couldn't be more boring but they have just as much right to expect a certain type of game experience as you do. There are far more casual guilds around than serious ones, at least in my experience, especially for PvE.

With that said what do you really expect in Rift, which is ostensibly a PvE game with minimal PvP tacked on, where raiding is ultimately all there is to do at 50?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Yeah because what MMOs really need is to be made even more into single-player games than they already are.
well, the good part about daoc (pre insane inflation) was that you could farm plats (slowly solo) and buy stuff off CM. or you could farm in a group (either plats or items) and be quicker equiped

eksdee

FH is my second home
well, the good part about daoc (pre insane inflation) was that you could farm plats (slowly solo) and buy stuff off CM. or you could farm in a group (either plats or items) and be quicker equiped

Indeed, and I loved DAoC's gearing/PvE system as it was quick, simple and pain-free (for the most part). However, DAoC was never a PvE game and so the PvE was simply there to facilitate the real end game; the PvP. In Rift, PvE is the end-game, like it or not, so for me it has to require some level of co-ordination and team play to 'succeed' in it, or it's not really a multiplayer game anymore.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well. still. PvE is only challenging first time you do an encounter with said group unlike pvp which always will be different and challenging (to some degree). Im sure 20mans and 10mans require co-ordination - till you succeed the first time...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The rule is actually quite fair, as one playing the tank roll on the raid, and then as a main profession should have the first pri on tank drops dropping for him.

I still think the rule is pretty silly, and it wasn't helped by the raid leader not telling people what the loot rules were and just launching a flame fest instead when I rolled a higher need roll than the cleric tank.

Not to mention I'd joined the raid as the off-tank and switched to healing and then dps to make up for people leaving the raid.

eksdee

FH is my second home
well. still. PvE is only challenging first time you do an encounter with said group unlike pvp which always will be different and challenging (to some degree). Im sure 20mans and 10mans require co-ordination - till you succeed the first time...

Couldn't agree more, but that's hardly the point.

eksdee

FH is my second home
You just wanted to say it, I know, I know. I love to bash PvE too. ;)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
ex-daoc working on it ?
you mean like Rift, SWToR, and pretty much everything else since then

since when did that mean shit ? :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well it means shit coz this is 3 way and only very few games have decided that they will try it

they have some interesting ideas, i like the "fight for materials" - ive thought about that myself when im inventing my own MMO in my head :p

Speaking of 3 way - THE SECRET WORLD RAWRRR!!

YouTube - ‪The Secret World Gameplay Walkthrough HD (cam) MMO‬‏

check this gameplay vid. i just hope they also introduce 3 way open world pvp and not only "warfront" pvp

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Don't know how you lot are doing server wise, but some of the biggest guilds including ours moved to Bloodiron lastnight for various reasons, would just like to say I'd highly recommend the server if you aren't happy where you are currently; open PvP is actually very active on this shard, warfront queues are nonexistent and even if you're going to queue at 4am you'll get in within <5 minutes, people even run tier 1 groups here despite it's the best PvE progressed shard around, economy is also a lot healthier than our last shard. If anyone does consider transferring here, do it fast, they're likely to lock it soon :)
Afran! just transfered! need guild, you has?

Afran

Part of the furniture
I'm in a high end PvE guild and I don't think we're recruiting at the moment, I don't imagine it's the kind of thing you're looking for anyways? I don't really know you that well so don't know which guild to recommend, there's definatley a lot to chose from though :)

If you're on Defiant you can find me on Elinae.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
buuhuu! ill just rape you instead since in guardian. Im tier2 geared tho and rdy for rift raiding as tank or dps so if you know any guilds that pve on guardian dont hesitate to spam me !

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
ex-daoc working on it ?
you mean like Rift, SWToR, and pretty much everything else since then

since when did that mean shit ? :p

3 factions, dedicated openworld pvp zones, faction based warfare and keeps. Does it sound like a certain game to you? :p Oh and proper stealth!

Afran

Part of the furniture
buuhuu! ill just rape you instead since in guardian. Im tier2 geared tho and rdy for rift raiding as tank or dps so if you know any guilds that pve on guardian dont hesitate to spam me !

Ancient Dawn 5/5 GSB, 2/5 RoS, 3/4 GP

Archetype 5/5 GSB, 3/5 RoS, 4/4 GP

Apex 5/5 GSB, 4/5 RoS, 4/4 GP

Curse 3/5 GSB, 0/5 RoS, 3/4 GP

Fatality 5/5 GSB, 5/5 RoS, 4/4 GP

Moose Men 4/5 GSB, 1/5 RoS, 3/4 GP

Nisroc 5/5 GSB, 2/5 RoS, 3/4 GP

Three Crowns 5/5 GSB, 2/5 RoS, 4/4 GP

I'd probably recommend either Fatality if you're after top tier PVE guild, otherwise Apex or Nisroc, they pvp somewhat often (as do Fatality)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom