[QUESTION] Requiel/IainC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
As I stated in the previous thread about this whole debacle. It is very unfortunate and I truely hope no one lost their job over it.

However, being the rep for a company in a customer facing role there are certain rules you do not break. The main one being bad mouthing your customers in any way. You may want to break their faces, throw them off a tall building, or merely shout, "read the fucking manual!". But you can't. In the name of the organisation you are representing you have to grin and bear the abuse. You have to respond with polite and clear language that tries to defuse, not exasperate the situation at hand. What he wrote was plainly wrong and he should be repremanded for it.

20 year experience in customer facing roles in over 80 different countries and never have I done what he did. I've wanted to a million times but you have to remain professional. It's up to the forum admins to do something about the abuse on their boards. Hope they banned the people writing the threats, they certainly deserve it.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

This is legendary thread. First organized duels weren't allowed, then anything that appeared like them wasn't. Following that logic we all should have been on Gaheris a long time ago.

I love it how Requiel changed DAoC's Code of Conduct after this accident, sadly I can't link to there directly due to GOA's awesome flash site, but here as an excerpt from a contradicting mind:

"As such, even if an unplanned duel between two players from opposing kingdoms is allowed if it these should remain as exceptional events,, it is not permitted to arrange fights between different realms for their personal benefit. This practice, usually called "RP farming", consists of earning realm points easily and quickly using 'controlled' fights, will be punished.
Every user found spying, RP Farming or other abusive behaviour ruining other players' game play might see their account(s) temporarily or permanently closed.
"

He should have been fired for it a long time ago.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Ok I take back my comments, I thought he was just an ordinary guy saying what was on his mind and what was true at the time.

After reading the soloers thread, the guy was on a bit of a power trip, probably best he isn't around here. I played US servers so didn't see this stuff.

Zandr

Fledgling Freddie
Last Activity: Today 09:23 AM IainC

he's here watching over us! halleluja!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Guys - discussion about a situation is fine, but I'm on the lookout for any personal attacks or OTT posting and I'll take action as necessary. Keep it civil and to the point.

Incidentally, we were watching FH very closely throughout the period in question and I am glad it wasn't our forum where this occurred... I would have been banning people myself if their behaviour had been like that here.

Belsameth

Tainted
You have a ban button on your zimmer frame then, Jup? :)

To stay on topic: Hi Iain! :D

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think the people saying 'I agree with him, people were being idiots bla bla' really understand the issue.

His forum post was fine if he was just a member of the community or even part of the warhammer alliance forum team. However, looking at it from a customer service perspective two things are apparent :

1. He doesn't have the neccessary skills for his job.
2. The forum post was a complete disaster for GOA in that particular environment.

I completely agree with MJ on the matter, and people have been instantly dismissed for much, much less.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
so requiels char in daoc was Fatload?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
that thread posted previous is soo good :)

seeing as Requiel is calling people asshats, would it be wrong to call him one?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think the people saying 'I agree with him, people were being idiots bla bla' really understand the issue.

His forum post was fine if he was just a member of the community or even part of the warhammer alliance forum team. However, looking at it from a customer service perspective two things are apparent :

1. He doesn't have the neccessary skills for his job.
2. The forum post was a complete disaster for GOA in that particular environment.

I completely agree with MJ on the matter, and people have been instantly dismissed for much, much less.

I just dislike the way people have double standards, it's fine for them to insult and issue personal threats but when they are criticised in a far less abusive manner there is a toy-throwing and dummy-spitting frenzy.

I'm not defending what happened, Requiel should indeed have simply walked away from the situation, but some people on that forum did seem to need a serious attitude adjustment and reality check.

Thank god FH has mods with rocks who would never have let any of this see the light of day :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I heard Jupitus was born with no arms and the only thing they could graft on were ban sticks! eeek!

Jupitus can I have your belly button fluff pwease!

Uara

Part of the furniture
Bahu, u can have his belly button fluff, but only if you go get it yourself, how can he get it for u with bansticks instead of hands :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bahu, u can have his belly button fluff, but only if you go get it yourself, how can he get it for u with bansticks instead of hands :p

hahahaha good point!

review_fg7_1a.jpg

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Given Fatload's post history on Requiels promised solutions for Dyvet.

It would suggest a very self critical split-personality disorder.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
so requiels char in daoc was Fatload?
Dunno who Fatload is, but iirc....

He gave away who his toons were sometime back by posting on a FH thread as 'Requiel' using the wrong account - i.e. using his ingame name, complete with sig.

Some peeps will remember this, although it got removed pretty quick.

One think which struck me, was the highest RR toon was like RR3. Which, is not to say RR matters much or anything or everyone has to love RvR, but you have to *actively avoid it* to be such a lowbie 5yrs down the line with easymode rps etc and all. Yet having all this high opinions on how RvR should be...

Gahn

Resident Freddy

He gave away who his toons were sometime back by posting on a FH thread as 'Requiel' using the wrong account - i.e. using his ingame name, complete with sig.

One think which struck me, was the highest RR toon was like RR3. Which, is not to say RR matters much or anything or everyone has to love RvR, but you have to *actively avoid it* to be such a lowbie 5yrs down the line with easymode rps etc and all. Yet having all this high opinions on how RvR should be...

:iagree: also i can't but stand by Succi's pov on the matter.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

dont you mean a sociopath!

:m00:

aika

Can't get enough of FH

ehm I guess you never read posts made by Dorimor? You know everything is possible!

aika

Can't get enough of FH

Fatload was some ranger that was always camping crau t4 and adding on everything starting from 1v1 to 1v100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom