[QUESTION] Do we want IainC back and posting?

Do we want IainC posting again on FH?

• Yes.

Votes: 117 81.3%
  • No.

Votes: 27 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Going out on a limb, I personally would love to have Iain back and posting info and updates, comments or feedback here on FreddysHouse. Now, that is just my opinion, so I am going to post a poll to get a balanced view.

This is not about raking over old shit, so I don't want any posts about DAOC or his comments. The question stands isolated and no other discussion is required. I have made that SO VERY CLEAR that I will use my modstick if it is ignored. Just post your vote, no comment necessary.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think even if only a few people want him to post, he should still post as we appreciate the contact. I hope the majority say yes, but if it ends up 60/40 to No, I still think he should post.

I do think Jupitus should also wear a nappy.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
wheres the '' I don't care'' option?

There isn't one - noone has a gun to your head saying vote, so move along and stop being a twat.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Your allowed to make your opinion Jupitus and we're not allowed to make ours?

Thats one of the reasons why people dont want Requiel to post and now you're doing it, and for that last response, maybe you need to take a look at who is being the twat.

Ban me for the post i dont care, what part of community discussion involves the admin calling someone a twat for no reason, we are the community not you.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Your allowed to make your opinion Jupitus and we're not allowed to make ours?

Thats one of the reasons why people dont want Requiel to post and now you're doing it, and for that last response, maybe you need to take a look at who is being the twat.

Ban me for the post i dont care, what part of community discussion involves the admin calling someone a twat for no reason, we are the community not you.

The point is this is not a discussion thread about the why's and wherefore's. If you have a view then vote yes or no, if you don't then don't. Simple as. The very fact that I posted a poll demonstrates the fact that I am allowing people to make their opinion known *shrug*.

Fact is there are plenty of other discussion threads about the subject, and I don't want this becoming yet another. Yes or No. It's that simple.

Edit: and please please please show me a single example where I have banned someone for having an opinion, eh?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
What a weird situation.

Is this like a mini-petition to take to his employers?
Or a genuine consensus building exercise with a forum's community?

It's a young game at a crucial stage, the oRvR vs scenario, nerf this, nerf that, gimme server merges, fix the lag, fix the CTD's, fix the self-expanding compressed file, give me XML stats etc issues will decide the games immediate health no?

I mean, if his employers think he should be posting here as part of his job, then people who don't want to read his posts can hit an ignore button.

If they don't want him posting here, what's the point?

I'll go for yes as I do enjoy the FH drama from the clash of opinions when I'm bored at work ;)

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
The point is this is not a discussion thread about the why's and wherefore's. If you have a view then vote yes or no, if you don't then don't. Simple as.

I am a bit confused (perhaps I am being dim).

If you are going to post a poll surely there should be a discussion involved as well ?

Do you only want peeps to vote who think they have a full knowledge of the past or is the past irrelevant ? If it is irrelevant to you does it mean that it is irrelevant to other people who want to cast their vote ?

Have a poll by all means, ask people to vote by all means but let people explain themselves. I would agree it needs to be sensible and not simple personal abuse, but if we are to make a decision that is informed then the why's and wherefore's are important. I cannot think of anything worse than people voting when they do not have a clue what they are voting on and why they should vote a certain way.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am a bit confused (perhaps I am being dim).

If you are going to post a poll surely there should be a discussion involved as well ?

Do you only want peeps to vote who think they have a full knowledge of the past or is the past irrelevant ? If it is irrelevant to you does it mean that it is irrelevant to other people who want to cast their vote ?

Have a poll by all means, ask people to vote by all means but let people explain themselves. I would agree it needs to be sensible and not simple personal abuse, but if we are to make a decision that is informed then the why's and wherefore's are important. I cannot think of anything worse than people voting when they do not have a clue what they are voting on and why they should vote a certain way.

The discussion threads surrounding this are largely all on the first page of threads, so it isn't exactly difficult for people to find the material involved, or to have their say in those threads... what part of this are people finding so difficult to understand?

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
what part of this are people finding so difficult to understand?

I thought this was a discussion forum and you are posting a poll where you do not want a discussion (or at least want it elsewhere).

There is always an issue where people repeat themselves because various threads and polls overlap on issues - it cannot be helped.

I understand you want to keep this neat and tidy but some people who pop on here simply use the new posts key and then read - not everyone is going to go hunting for other threads to read up on this before voting.

Have the poll but let peeps have their say. The peeps on the forums can then make up their own minds how much research they do before voting.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, as long as he has the phrase SotG surgically removed from his anus :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
what part of this are people finding so difficult to understand?

I don't think anyone misunderstands ;)

But it's an internet forum
No matter how much you want to frame the (lack of) debate, people will naturally post their opinions, it's why people visit forums no?

At the end of the day
The poll result gives the black and white bottom line.
The opinion posting/discussion doesn't detract nor change the cold hard reality of that.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Looks like Jupitus wanted to get an idea of what the community thought to him posting here. What I don't think he wanted was people saying "omfg, that lamer banned me for dueling at a camp or spawned some mobs on me or whatever else it was" then loads of people going on about the past.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
waa, wa wa wa, waa waa...wa

carefarm.gif

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Nabs..interesting quote where and when did i post that?

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
There isn't one - noone has a gun to your head saying vote, so move along and stop being a twat.

Wow, way to over-react. I was mearly asking where the option was. Being called a twat for not discussing it (oh how I would love to) and asking a simple question is hardly called for.

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
Wow, way to over-react. I was mearly asking where the option was. Being called a twat for not discussing it (oh how I would love to) and asking a simple question is hardly called for.

You don't have the option of having an opinion here on Barry's.

On topic: did he actually post anything (useful) anyway?

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Just post your vote, no comment necessary.

I'm not convinced of that, because given the history of the person involved a vote 'No' is likely to be perceived as an opinion about his past comments, opinions etc on forums - whereas my 'no' vote is because, as long as someone from Mythic is regularly and sensibly talking with the players here, I don't much care who that individual is, and since we already seem to have someone covering the role pretty well I don't see why we need, or deserve, duplication - unless, of course, Magnus wants an extra pair of hands to help him out.

Barring that reason, having two 'official' voices seems unnecessary.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I voted yes but only because GOA have clearly demonstrated they are not prepared to replace him or provide a better community support in some other way. Having 2 people providing feedback is clearly better than just 1.

It seems to me that the MagnusK and IainC's job these days is simply drawing attention away from GOA's current failings. I am not sure there is a good way of doing that job.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well he has demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the community. Has no idea whats actually happening in the games he is the GM for. has fuck all knowledge of customer care. lies to cover up lies to his community (though thats GOA's official line I imagine, only a manager could be so utterly devoid of common sense)

But he says how it is to people with Nerdrage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom