[QUESTION] Do we want IainC back and posting?

Do we want IainC posting again on FH?

• Yes.

Votes: 117 81.3%
  • No.

Votes: 27 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I want him back. I do not care if the faggots on here cannot handle someone giving them an honest evaluation.

24 people said no fucking lol sad little bastards, I reckon a water filled barrel at birth is the answer!!!!!!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I want him back. I do not care if the faggots on here cannot handle someone giving them an honest evaluation.

24 people said no fucking lol sad little bastards, I reckon a water filled barrel at birth is the answer!!!!!!

gizzz10peefuracupateeeyaafuginbashturd

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

25 people said no fucking lol sad little bastards, I reckon a water filled barrel at birth is the answer!!!!!!

My reasoning exactly. Voted yes.

Lucius

Banned
The point is this is not a discussion thread about the why's and wherefore's. If you have a view then vote yes or no, if you don't then don't. Simple as. The very fact that I posted a poll demonstrates the fact that I am allowing people to make their opinion known *shrug*.

Fact is there are plenty of other discussion threads about the subject, and I don't want this becoming yet another. Yes or No. It's that simple.

Edit: and please please please show me a single example where I have banned someone for having an opinion, eh?

I can think of many examples ...

Totally agree with Penlid here.

Oh, and I voted yes, I liked him, maybe that's just my opinion.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Your allowed to make your opinion Jupitus and we're not allowed to make ours?

Thats one of the reasons why people dont want Requiel to post and now you're doing it, and for that last response, maybe you need to take a look at who is being the twat.

Ban me for the post i dont care, what part of community discussion involves the admin calling someone a twat for no reason, we are the community not you.

yes, and you are on private property here (yes, i consider a public forum, created, maintained and payed for by a private person private property). when i would end up in your house, i would have to respect your laws, when you would end up in my house, i would expect you to respect my laws.

the FH community excists at the grace of people like jupitus. play it THEIR way, or you are likely to hit the highway.

for those who ever played vampire the masquerade, this is jupitus domain, he has praxis here. he holds the right of accounting and the right of destrcution in his domain.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

I can handle him giving honest evaluation.
I dislike semantic spin instead of honest evaluation though.

And then you can claim "faggot" or people should die or what not because they disagree with you, but that doesn't change anything.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
yes, and you are on private property here (yes, i consider a public forum, created, maintained and payed for by a private person private property). when i would end up in your house, i would have to respect your laws, when you would end up in my house, i would expect you to respect my laws.

the FH community excists at the grace of people like jupitus. play it THEIR way, or you are likely to hit the highway.

for those who ever played vampire the masquerade, this is jupitus domain, he has praxis here. he holds the right of accounting and the right of destrcution in his domain.

The fact that there's a community in here is prone to the fact that there's some mutual respect tho.
If not people can go play with em balls in em playgrounds ya know ... :m00:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Voted no, simply because he isnt cut for the job. Plain and simple. The day he can keep things on a professional level and act like MagnusK does for example, I will rejoice over his return, shame we cant copy MagnusK though, he really does an excellent job, he's doing his job, nothing more and nothing less and that's all I really ask from a GM/CM/PRdude etc.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Voted no, simply because he isnt cut for the job. Plain and simple. The day he can keep things on a professional level and act like MagnusK does for example, I will rejoice over his return, shame we cant copy MagnusK though, he really does an excellent job, he's doing his job, nothing more and nothing less and that's all I really ask from a GM/CM/PRdude etc.

while that is true to a certain degree, do you not think the things that prompted him to say that was above and beyond any, well.. "normal acceptable human behaviour". it went far beyond comedy, or even internets big talk, and was seriously wrong

so in general, yes, in that instance, no he was well within his rights

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
On a personal level yes, on a professional level no. Thats why they've probably told him to keep his head down or put him on other duties. In my job i'd love to give as good as I get, threats included. But that would cost me my job, so I have to think twice.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
while that is true to a certain degree, do you not think the things that prompted him to say that was above and beyond any, well.. "normal acceptable human behaviour". it went far beyond comedy, or even internets big talk, and was seriously wrong

so in general, yes, in that instance, no he was well within his rights

A professional does not do the things that IainC has done, simple as that. If he does, then he isnt cut for dealing with the public since he puts the company he works for in a bad light. (making it worse anyhow..) And the last incident with IainC isnt the first one either (he was a CM in DAoC for some time aswell and well.. He wasnt really good with handeling the public there either sadly), I base my judgement on that and nothing else, I'm sure he can do good too but thats all he should do instead of acting like a pompous arrogant prick like he sometimes do for some weird reason which I will never understand. He should be neutral and only work for the community and treat it with respect and dignity at all times, thats what he was paid to do until GOA moved him into a dark corner somewhere. If a GM/CM/PRdude ever start taking things on a personal level, then he need a vacation and take some time to reflect over what his job really is, perhaps that is what he has done, one can only hope :)

Look at MagnusK and see how he behaves, always happy, POSITIVE, ambitious and he has MANNERS. Especially the last is what IainC lacks at times and thats why nobody is mad at MagnusK while some people is annoyed/dissapointed/frustrated with Requiel/IainC. This isnt rocketscience. Its just public relations. While I can understand why some that has a "bond" to him in some way think he's a nice guy and all I look at it from a professional PoV without bias and well, from that PoV he could do better. He could at least start with making a public apologise to the playerbase that felt offended over his last titsup... It would be a start at least. My guess is he never will though. :m00:

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
shike seems to have a lot of patience on this issue, and winz the thread

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
The fact that there's a community in here is prone to the fact that there's some mutual respect tho.
If not people can go play with em balls in em playgrounds ya know ... :m00:

mutual respect ? now that is something i don`t see here as often as i would like to see it. seems it`s easier for people to call eachother shit than to say the reverse. think of it, how many people here do you respect and how many people here do you think are shit and you would rather not see them post here again (apart for the commical/ drama value) ?

and this community is here by the grace of the creators of FH. noone should take that for granted imho. consider this, the moment people like jupitus and Co say `i had enough of this crap, you can all go to hell`, and they just stop FH, where is your community then ?

if you have to count on only mutual respect to keep things civilized... i think we are in for one satanic joyride of profanity.

still, i consider this a far more civilized place than some of the other boards :p (mostly due to the work and effort of the mods here who seem to do a better job than on some of the other boards)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
A professional does not do the things that IainC has done, simple as that. If he does, then he isnt cut for dealing with the public since he puts the company he works for in a bad light. (making it worse anyhow..) And the last incident with IainC isnt the first one either (he was a CM in DAoC for some time aswell and well.. He wasnt really good with handeling the public there either sadly)

arguable. i think he did a great job in daoc. i guess a small but very vocal minority of FH will never agree on that though.

i guess we agree not to agree on that subject :p

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
arguable. i think he did a great job in daoc. i guess a small but very vocal minority of FH will never agree on that though.

I don't think many would agree with that statement. Generally the GOA support during DAoC was poor and the only interaction most of us ever had with Requiel was on this forum.

He did some questionable things during DAoC and some that have earnt him everlasting infamy. Not saying it was all bad, but you can't really argue with the facts and, once again, he has done something a bit rash...it's not out of character in afraid.

That being said, to go back on topic, forgive and forget i say :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think many would agree with that statement. Generally the GOA support during DAoC was poor and the only interaction most of us ever had with Requiel was on this forum.

i have different experience... the few times i had to use right now or to appeal for ingame help (bugged toa encounters) i always had my problems sorted out fast... i never had problems with the service offered by GOA. other peoples millage might vary. maybe i`m just less demanding that most people.

He did some questionable things during DAoC and some that have earnt him everlasting infamy. Not saying it was all bad, but you can't really argue with the facts and, once again, he has done something a bit rash...it's not out of character in afraid.

infamy in the eyes of some, fame in the eyes of others ...

That being said, to go back on topic, forgive and forget i say :)

:iagree:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
mutual respect ? now that is something i don`t see here as often as i would like to see it. seems it`s easier for people to call eachother shit than to say the reverse. think of it, how many people here do you respect and how many people here do you think are shit and you would rather not see them post here again (apart for the commical/ drama value) ?

and this community is here by the grace of the creators of FH. noone should take that for granted imho. consider this, the moment people like jupitus and Co say `i had enough of this crap, you can all go to hell`, and they just stop FH, where is your community then ?

if you have to count on only mutual respect to keep things civilized... i think we are in for one satanic joyride of profanity.

still, i consider this a far more civilized place than some of the other boards :p (mostly due to the work and effort of the mods here who seem to do a better job than on some of the other boards)

In another forum simply put, it's a 2 edged knife.
They do a great job and am thankful that they give us this chance mind ya, but the CoC is here for all to adher, aye for the Mods also. That's the basics of civil cohexistance ya know.
Is not that any of us can't escape calling some1 a twat and a mod can, pretty simple.

Aye you guess, i could guess it's the other way around tho and holding same ground as you -.-

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
In another forum simply put, it's a 2 edged knife.
They do a great job and am thankful that they give us this chance mind ya, but the CoC is here for all to adher, aye for the Mods also. That's the basics of civil cohexistance ya know.
Is not that any of us can't escape calling some1 a twat and a mod can, pretty simple.

there are worse things to call people than twats :p

Muylaetrix said:
i guess a small but very vocal minority of FH will never agree on that though.

Aye you guess, i could guess it's the other way around tho and holding same ground as you -.-

hm i feel the need to rephrase what i said.

"i guess a minority of daoc players, but very vocal group of FH users will never agree on that though. "

and yes, there is no way to discuss the numbers of people who agree or disagree. but 20 people screaming bloody murder on a forum out of thousands of players who play the game doesn`t make an intresting statistic imho. to me it `seemed` that more people, in my alliance allone, agreed than there were people on FH who disagreed ... perception is by defenition biased.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
and yes, there is no way to discuss the numbers of people who agree or disagree. but 20 people screaming bloody murder on a forum out of thousands of players who play the game doesn`t make an intresting statistic imho. to me it `seemed` that more people, in my alliance allone, agreed than there were people on FH who disagreed ... perception is by defenition biased.

Made that point a while ago and I got negative rep for it from Manisch :E

dee777

Loyal Freddie
If its a more or less agreed upon fact that MagnusK does a decent job within his possibilites due to the little informations he gets, why would anyone think new posts of IainC will make any difference in regard to better communication?

He sure would draw a lot of heat and while that would be good for the forums, it was bad for the state of communications to GOA. I believe it would only be a matter of time till IainC either stops posting or gets another ragepost out of his system.

However if he still is CM for GOA he should be doing that job and start posting again, but I hope he got another job within the company, that is more suitable for his skills.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom