Headstart Codes update from IainC or Magnus

Skopti

Fledgling Freddie
Any news on when we get to enter headstart codes?

Kind of hoping in the next day or so as Mythic are allowing US players to enter their headstarts now.

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
Any news on when we get to enter headstart codes?

Kind of hoping in the next day or so as Mythic are allowing US players to enter their headstarts now.

They allowed us since the account center went live about 2wks ago...... mines been quite happily registered..... roll on Tuesday....

[UKLans]Khan

Fledgling Freddie
I was going to ask the same, because of the recent problems you kind of hope we get to enter the head-start keys in advance to prevent problems voiding the headstart (not that a problem would last that long but you get my meaning).

Cheesy peas,

Khan

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Either they do not know - or they'll run the same attempt once more.
Neither prospect seems comforting for me.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It is going to be another disaster entering of keys should start tomorrow at the latest.

GOA as usual are probably behind schedule i think and they don't have the thing set up yet ;/

All i can say is it will be very interesting to see what MJ/EA think if they screw up the head start.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah just entered my headstart key at EA Mythic Account Management site, activated without problems.
HTML / text based site
Mythic Entertainment - Account Management
Warhammer Online
Features
Open Beta - Provides access to the Open Beta
Head Start -Provides access to the Head Start
Pre-Order -Includes: Rittenbach's Portable Camp and Guardian's Iolite Band
Reward: Email Validated - Includes: Title - 'The Validated'

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
Any news on when GAME or PLAY will be sending these out?

Im with GAME but no sign of key yet

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
afaik Game wont be sending anything out, there not a part of any headstart pre order scheme.

For CE it was play.com and HMV stores

for SE it was D2D and EA stores well in the UK anyhow

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
What the hell..

When I placed my order with GAME they had a banner there claiming they were offering a 3 day headstart when the game was purchased through them. I just went to check now, and the banner is gone..

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
Well cancelled with GAME and back with PLAY now.

Lets hope play manage to send the codes out ontime..

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
How did you enter your headstart codes??

It says i cant yet when i try.

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
the person who entered theirs and commented in this thread is talking about the US game and Mythic account centre.

They just forgot to mention that.

MinT

Fledgling Freddie
Yes - not getting into the headstart on time is imho a much bigger issue tha problems getting into an OB.

We did buy and pay for HS access so is going to be very interesting to hear what GOA have to say if thiings go wrong.

I agree we should be inputting our HS codes now but I have a horrible feeling is going to be Sunday morning thru Tuesday again....

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com say EA wont let them release the SE codes till midnight on the 14th... this is despite other people already having recieved their codes. I'm just going to be patient but I'm a little worried.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com say EA wont let them release the SE codes till midnight on the 14th... this is despite other people already having recieved their codes. I'm just going to be patient but I'm a little worried.

There's high change nobody can enter them anyhow so i'm not stressing out yet.

sp4nky

Fledgling Freddie
I just hope that they sort the page out before the 14th so I can enter my CE codes other wise it would be a good day to cancel my order. Not paying that amount for nothing.(seems people got open beta keys for free)

:kissit:

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie

I got mine from Play weeks ago. Then again I do have a CE pre-order, so they've sent all the codes together in one box.
Still, it seems weird that they can send out CE Headstart codes so massively early, and yet for the SE they can't release them until the last second?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Update from Magnus posted on WHA

Head Start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFred
Some questions I would like to have answered:
When are you planning to open registration for the HS?
What will the process be?
Is there anything we can be doing now that will help us be better prepared?
When are you planning to bring down the beta servers in preparation for launch?
Are you going to be applying any of the patches that have been applied to the US servers?
Thanks.
Gladly,

1. We've previously announced that we'd open the registrations for Head Start on the day it opens. In response to this week's events we are working very hard to enable registration before the 14th. I've yet to see this confirmed, however. I'll get back with an update as soon I can.
2. Will try to find more information on this.
3. Hmm.. stock up with lots of food and drinks and some quality reading?
4. We are planning to bring down the Open Beta servers this Saturday, September 13th.
5. Yes, we will be applying patch 4.1.1 Friday morning. Theoretically, we could patch tonight but we don't want to bring down the servers during European prime time. European testers have already lost enough Open Beta game time.

HS is planned as follows
September 13th - Open Beta servers close
September 14th - Collector's Edition Head Start
September 15th - Standard Edition Head Start

With many tough lessons learned from the Open Beta launch, we have high hopes for the HS start. Also, to be frank, it will be a bit easier on our servers. 55 000 CE copies were sold. Even if every single one of them is ready to join on Sunday, the load on our servers will still not be as heavy as last Sunday.

We know many are worried about the Head Start after this last week, and I understand this completely. Nothing we can say will redeem this worry (although I personally believe things will go a lot smoother). Hopefully, our actions will speak for us on Sunday.

-Magnus

Grimlar

Fledgling Freddie
If its any comfort

Play have sent me my headstart codes for the SE today by email, copied below for information:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning PC from Play.com. Your pre-order bonus codes are below. These alpha-numerical codes will allow you to download the pre-order content once it is made available via the Warhammer Online website from the 15th of September.

Your Unique Early Access code is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Your Unique In-Game Items code is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please visit http://www.war-europe.com/preorderthegame for further instructions on how to claim your pre-order bonuses.

If you need assistance please CLICK BELOW

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Help.html?page=helpdesk or contact us on 0845 8001020

Once again, thank you for pre-ordering with PLAY.COM

Zoldot

Fledgling Freddie
well I think it is stupid to open it to late because those that will suffer is the CE buyers (those that payed more and deserved that extra day and MORE).
All non CE will try to register way before, therefor us 55.000 CE's cant register before sunday cause the other hundreds of thousands trying :(.

if we lose our extra day because we are not able to register keys, they should delay the normal headstart.

edit: If you're not a CE holder, please keep off the Reg site at Sunday.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
well I think it is stupid to open it to late because those that will suffer is the CE buyers (those that payed more and deserved that extra day and MORE).
All non CE will try to register way before, therefor us 55.000 CE's cant register before sunday cause the other hundreds of thousands trying :(.

if we lose our extra day because we are not able to register keys, they should delay the normal headstart.

edit: If you're not a CE holder, please keep off the Reg site at Sunday.

very true, it will be very unfair to allow other ppl to register there codes before the CE buyers since we paid for the extra day, i really hope they do sort it out and to be problem free.

rynnor

Rockhound
Well they could restrict it by activation code - all the CE ones start with the same thing - dont know if they have tho.

Borek

Regular Freddie
glad i read this thread, i had pre-ordered with game, but cancelled that and swapped to play, hopefully get my codes a bit later. Would have sucked expecting to get in early and having no luck, go go FH :cheers:

Soazak

Part of the furniture
If you order from EA store do you still get a SE pre order access code or has this ended now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom