[QUESTION] Do we want IainC back and posting?

Do we want IainC posting again on FH?

• Yes.

Votes: 117 81.3%
  • No.

Votes: 27 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Well he has demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the community. Has no idea whats actually happening in the games he is the GM for. has fuck all knowledge of customer care. lies to cover up lies to his community (though thats GOA's official line I imagine, only a manager could be so utterly devoid of common sense)

But he says how it is to people with Nerdrage :)

:worthy:

I think WAR needs some drama anyway to raise community spirit :D

GReaper

Part of the furniture
What is the purpose of this poll?

If he's planning on staying then he should be doing the job he's being paid to do - to be a link between the community and GOA. If GOA are stopping him from doing this then there's little point of him being there. If it's himself refusing to do it then it's about time did something, doing his job in a slightly less arrogant fashion.

GOA stuffed up with the beta and he stuffed up in trying to report the news, however it's time to move on and actually provide a decent service along with excellent communication. The communication part is something which GOA needs to work on.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tbh i ain't gonna vote; Magnus doing a better job in my humble opinion.
Not having anything personal against Iain also, i only do hope he somehow gonna be more diplomatic and also less patronizing in the future.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
sure, have him back... fh needs some drama

I think the real question is if GOA can afford to have him back on community forums.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone says their oppinions.. He just spoke a bit "too fast", and accidently let out the truth about the dumbnuts around these boards.

Let him in.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Y but he has to get some training in resisting the twolls and their vomit attacks

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The point is this is not a discussion thread about the why's and wherefore's. If you have a view then vote yes or no, if you don't then don't. Simple as. The very fact that I posted a poll demonstrates the fact that I am allowing people to make their opinion known *shrug*.

Fact is there are plenty of other discussion threads about the subject, and I don't want this becoming yet another. Yes or No. It's that simple.

Edit: and please please please show me a single example where I have banned someone for having an opinion, eh?

and why should we need a poll in the first place? if he wants to post again he's free to do so, is he not? why should WE decide that?

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Not banned then.

Cant we just talk about curtains, Kangaroos, cheesesauce without the cheese and get along ;)

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
and it could just as well say that because that is more or less what its about.

Not really - since I believe he still has an account here, and has never been banned, he's already perfectly entitled to post here.

I reckon the question really reduces down to - if he did, would he get flamed/insulted/ranted at and his presence end up being counterproductive, or would there be a more reasoned reaction to his appearance.

But I still don't think two GOA voices would be better than one.....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tbh i ain't gonna vote; Magnus doing a better job in my humble opinion.
Not having anything personal against Iain also, i only do hope he somehow gonna be more diplomatic and also less patronizing in the future.

I agree, Magnus is doing a good job with the tools available to him, though I think he is a little over stretched and hamstrung by GOA as usual.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Not really - since I believe he still has an account here, and has never been banned, he's already perfectly entitled to post here.

It may be that his employer is preventing him posting given his response to some naughty and negative posting here. It caused a fuss and no doubt was a bit embarrassing for the company. I suspect there is some hope that with a decent poll vote they may consider letting him off the leash again.

I reckon the question really reduces down to - if he did, would he get flamed/insulted/ranted at and his presence end up being counterproductive, or would there be a more reasoned reaction to his appearance.

Fair point this. I don't have an issue with him posting here, despite not liking some of what he has said historically. The main problem is that anything he says, even a hello, could well get a typed volley of abuse from peeps hoping he would lose his rag again.

Still it would make interesting reading. :flame:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
..voted yes, two is allways better then one.

But tbh, both IanC and MagnusK (but especially MagnusK) have done a terrible job.

IanC at first was horrible, but he did became better and better (or less worse, however u wanne read this) but later on he was the person who actually listenend. While MagnusK was just deployed by GOA on us at 'the game we cannot mention here in this thread thanks to jupi';) to practise abit for when WAR launched.

IanC probally showed MagnusK everything how stuff works, because MagnusK to dull to understand stuff himself. When GOA network goes flat, he doesnt understand that their income (aka : us) are waiting on information and he just waits till his msn pops up saying hes got internet again instead of dooing everything he can to inform us.

anyway, when do they understand that its not about fixing? but that it's about preventing stuff?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
..voted yes, two is allways better then one.

But tbh, both IanC and MagnusK (but especially MagnusK) have done a terrible job.

IanC at first was horrible, but he did became better and better (or less worse, however u wanne read this) but later on he was the person who actually listenend. While MagnusK was just deployed by GOA on us at 'the game we cannot mention here in this thread thanks to jupi';) to practise abit for when WAR launched.

IanC probally showed MagnusK everything how stuff works, because MagnusK to dull to understand stuff himself. When GOA network goes flat, he doesnt understand that their income (aka : us) are waiting on information and he just waits till his msn pops up saying hes got internet again instead of dooing everything he can to inform us.

anyway, when do they understand that its not about fixing? but that it's about preventing stuff?

You make it sound like it's Magnus' fault he dosen't get the information he needs to tell us. It's not.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
But he can't get the information to us if he dosen't have the info can he?

Then he should ask himself, why dont i get the information everytime something irregular happens?[edit: I dont really care how he should / must do it / not do it, as long as he does something about it]

Because it's been too often allready where information to us was given (very) late

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Then he should ask himself, why dont i get the information everytime something irregular happens?

Because it's been too often allready where information to us was given (very) late

WTF. I've just said this in the past two post's I've made; If he dosen't have the information he can't give it to us can he?
It's not his fault if the people at GOA just don't give him the answers to the question's he's asked.

What do you want him to do? Go and code the bug's out of the game? Balance BW's for us? He's a community rep and relays the information given to him by his employers, and vice versa.

Poag

m00?
WTF. I've just said this in the past two post's I've made; If he dosen't have the information he can't give it to us can he?
It's not his fault if the people at GOA just don't give him the answers to the question's he's asked.

Inded you have and made a good point.

However Angel is saying that if he doesn't have it..its still his fault.

So its also the worlds fault we let Bush invade Iraq...as there were no WMDs but we should have all known that.

Also WW2 was everyone but Hitlers fault. Because the world should have known he was a bad person and thus not allowed him into power.

Yes I am generalising but so is Angel :p

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I think Magnus is doing a very good job tbh. I think he is very overstretched though, and what with the game being so young and buggy, it is a bad time to be short of staff. Iain either needs to start posting again or an extra CM needs to be put in place.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture

What do you want him to do? Go and code the bug's out of the game? Balance BW's for us? He's a community rep and relays the information given to him by his employers, and vice versa.

Ok let me say it again, its his JOB to get information, if he doesnt get the information hes dooing a bad job, but if its not given to him, he should let us know asap that they are aware and further information will follow.
Instead of posting afterwards, sorry this sorry that.

What I want him to do? Perhaps evaluate this problem with his superiors instead of denying this problem.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Inded you have and made a good point.

However Angel is saying that if he doesn't have it..its still his fault.

bush and mr hitler stuff

Yes I am generalising but so is Angel :p

I am not generalising anything or anyone here.
And yes I am saying that if he doesnt get the information, its his fault.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Ok let me say it again, its his JOB to get information, if he doesnt get the information hes dooing a bad job, but if its not given to him, he should let us know asap that they are aware and further information will follow.
Instead of posting afterwards, sorry this sorry that.

What I want him to do? Perhaps evaluate this problem with his superiors instead of denying this problem.

A good customer service rep won't comment until the facts are in place. If Mythic aren't talking to him, perhaps the finger of blame should be pointed in Mythics direction, not his.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
A good customer service rep won't comment until the facts are in place. If Mythic aren't talking to him, perhaps the finger of blame should be pointed in Mythics direction, not his.

Im not saying he should lie, please no. But you cannot denie that you rather have a post / ! \ on the website / ! \ saying; aware of situation, futher information will follow. Then having no clue at all whats gooing on.

And I agree that if Mythic does not give him information he shouldnt just guess something and tell us. And yes he's pretty powerless in a situation like that.

However; not all problems come from mythic, or need mythic to solve it. Whats the use of GOA then imo? (but lets not dwell further in that :p)

And if situations like that do happen, they should imediate make sure it wont happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom