[QUESTION] Requiel/IainC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
still have not seen a post from him, :-( I might not agreeing with him on some things, but its time for him to get off the naughty step and back posting :)

can someone have a word with MJ and get them to reinstate him, am sure all the sociopaths will disagree! i say screw them and their sun avoiding, anti-social, key bashing habits!

:m00:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
whats the point? People here will tear him up if he post's tbh.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yeah, someone have a word with MJ or two! I'm sure we can do the talking and he the listening.

:lol:

dee777

Loyal Freddie
There simply is no polite way to get enough popcorn once he starts posting again.

Belsameth

Tainted
He hasn't posted on his personal blog either.
Maybe MJ and PB had him for lunch?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
After the screw up that was open beta improvements have been made! We now have half the customer service we had previously!

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
still have not seen a post from him, :-( I might not agreeing with him on some things, but its time for him to get off the naughty step and back posting :)

can someone have a word with MJ and get them to reinstate him, am sure all the sociopaths will disagree! i say screw them and their sun avoiding, anti-social, key bashing habits!

:m00:

With Requiel being gone for such a long period of time there are 3 things, which may have happened to him.

1) He moved department so he is no longer a CM for the English department of GOA.
2) He is still on suspension after what was said. With the CEO of GoA and Mark Jacobs being involved in this.
3) He was fired/handed in his notice due to the comments made in open beta.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
With Requiel being gone for such a long period of time there are 3 things, which may have happened to him.

1) He moved department so he is no longer a CM for the English department of GOA.
2) He is still on suspension after what was said. With the CEO of GoA and Mark Jacobs being involved in this.
3) He was fired/handed in his notice due to the comments made in open beta.

what did he say? :(

I missed it, I ignored WAR until release when it was an impulse buy :p

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
what did he say? :(

I missed it, I ignored WAR until release when it was an impulse buy :p

There was a lot of flaming and whining on forums, including many very disturbing comments made by angry people over the open beta fiasco, and he made a post in which he said that some people was showing borderline sociopathic tendencies, more or less

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
i still agree with everything he said tho.

yes it was out of line for a CM but read the lines before the red text.

how do you politely answer someone that just made death threats to you?

In the business world you cant always say what you personally mean - you represent a company with commercial interests. A statement like that a couple of days before release is risky business imo!

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
tbfh... I agreed with IanC.
Mods of that forum should've banned that person who posted that picture.
And apologise to IanC that on their forum such a thing has been posted.

yus goa hasnt done a perfect job, but we arent the easiest customers xD

pikeh

Resident Freddy
tbfh... I agreed with ianc.
Mods of that forum should've banned that person who posted that picture.
And apologise to ianc that on their forum such a thing has been posted.

Yus goa hasnt done a perfect job, but we arent the easiest customers xd

qft.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
if I said what I want to, I'd get a warning/ban :(

happend last time there was a thread about Requiel

dee777

Loyal Freddie
To all of those, that agree with IainC, you have every right to feel that way, but you aren't one of the two major _CUSTOMER RELATIONS_ guys for a company. Apart from the CEO of a company, I cant think of anyone else that needs to always stay positive or at least silent about customers without exception. "Something wrong with you" and "borderline sociopath" are just inexcusable. PR disaster of the year so far IMO.

Death threats are retarded and need to be dealt with, no questions asked. Does that warrant a rant spiced with insulting your customers on a public forum during launch phase? Hell no! Not on several levels actually.

I dont know the guy personally, so I just hope he got moved to another department and does something else there thats better suited to his skills, but I would not be surprised if he got shafted. People get fired for far less severe fukkups. Whatever happened to him, you gotta give GOA kudos for not massacring him in public, when it would have been very easy to get all the customer anger away from the company that didnt get the beta (or actually the registration servers) to fly and onto the scapegoat that vented his frustration in the internet.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
To all of those, that agree with IainC, you have every right to feel that way, but you aren't one of the two major _CUSTOMER RELATIONS_ guys for a company. Apart from the CEO of a company, I cant think of anyone else that needs to always stay positive or at least silent about customers without exception. "Something wrong with you" and "borderline sociopath" are just inexcusable. PR disaster of the year so far IMO.

Death threats are retarded and need to be dealt with, no questions asked. Does that warrant a rant spiced with insulting your customers on a public forum during launch phase? Hell no! Not on several levels actually.

I dont know the guy personally, so I just hope he got moved to another department and does something else there thats better suited to his skills, but I would not be surprised if he got shafted. People get fired for far less severe fukkups. Whatever happened to him, you gotta give GOA kudos for not massacring him in public, when it would have been very easy to get all the customer anger away from the company that didnt get the beta (or actually the registration servers) to fly and onto the scapegoat that vented his frustration in the internet.

point taken

Zandr

Fledgling Freddie

I loled, :fluffle:

Soazak

Part of the furniture
While it may have been slightly OTT, it was aimed at a very specific group of people. They were being douchebags and needed to be told so.

I think the main problem is that the entire community took it as if he was addressing it to everyone, which in a public announcement is hard to avoid.
E-rage over beta being a few hours late is retarded, actually I think e-rage over anything is pretty dumb.

The best course of action would have been to just get the mods to ban/remove anything out of line, but hell...the guy was spot on. I lol'd also ;)

also Mark Jacobs apparently commented on it in his blog in a very negative way, which I think was more unprofessional than the original comments tbh

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Carlos accurately sums it up I think.

I note that some of the people feigning righteous nerd rage and making digs since the incident/post aren't even playing WAR and are merely trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom