[QUESTION] Requiel/IainC

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by scorge, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorge

scorge Fledgling Freddie

still have not seen a post from him, :-( I might not agreeing with him on some things, but its time for him to get off the naughty step and back posting :)

can someone have a word with MJ and get them to reinstate him, am sure all the sociopaths will disagree! i say screw them and their sun avoiding, anti-social, key bashing habits!

:m00:

• Like Like x 1
  2. pikeh

pikeh Resident Freddy

whats the point? People here will tear him up if he post's tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Manisch Depressiv

Manisch Depressiv Part of the furniture

Yeah, someone have a word with MJ or two! I'm sure we can do the talking and he the listening.

:lol:

4. dee777

dee777 Loyal Freddie

There simply is no polite way to get enough popcorn once he starts posting again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Manisch Depressiv

Hahaha, almost chocked on a Dickmann while reading this.

http://picnic.ciao.com/de/8452178.jpg for those who wonder what a Dickmann is :p.

6. Belsameth

Belsameth Tainted

He hasn't posted on his personal blog either.
    Maybe MJ and PB had him for lunch?

7. Spookie

Spookie Fledgling Freddie

That or buried him so deep in admin he'll never be able to see past that pile of work on his desk.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

so much comedy in that statement alone...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cadelin

Cadelin Part of the furniture

After the screw up that was open beta improvements have been made! We now have half the customer service we had previously!

10. Manisch Depressiv

Quality > Quantity :p.

11. Roo Stercogburn

Roo Stercogburn Resident Freddy

Yeh ok that was pretty good :D

But Mani choking on dick wins :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Acrisius91

Acrisius91 Fledgling Freddie

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol::cheers:

13. nuclear misfit

nuclear misfit Fledgling Freddie

i said it once but i'll say it again - i love this forum!
    /sryforofftopic

14. Vepo

Vepo Fledgling Freddie

With Requiel being gone for such a long period of time there are 3 things, which may have happened to him.

1) He moved department so he is no longer a CM for the English department of GOA.
    2) He is still on suspension after what was said. With the CEO of GoA and Mark Jacobs being involved in this.
    3) He was fired/handed in his notice due to the comments made in open beta.

15. Naffets

Naffets Can't get enough of FH

what did he say? :(

I missed it, I ignored WAR until release when it was an impulse buy :p

16. Iceforge

Iceforge Can't get enough of FH

There was a lot of flaming and whining on forums, including many very disturbing comments made by angry people over the open beta fiasco, and he made a post in which he said that some people was showing borderline sociopathic tendencies, more or less

17. Succi

Succi Fledgling Freddie

@ my sig

18. Prudil

Prudil One of Freddy's beloved

19. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

i still agree with everything he said tho.

yes it was out of line for a CM but read the lines before the red text.

how do you politely answer someone that just made death threats to you?

20. Prudil

Prudil One of Freddy's beloved

In the business world you cant always say what you personally mean - you represent a company with commercial interests. A statement like that a couple of days before release is risky business imo!

21. Narzeja

Narzeja Loyal Freddie

You just don't answer at all.

22. AngelHeal

AngelHeal Part of the furniture

tbfh... I agreed with IanC.
    Mods of that forum should've banned that person who posted that picture.
    And apologise to IanC that on their forum such a thing has been posted.

yus goa hasnt done a perfect job, but we arent the easiest customers xD

23. pikeh

pikeh Resident Freddy

qft.

24. AngelHeal

IF there was one person who actually talked to us, it was him.
    Not some server-boy who ran away when his hamster died

25. Heta

Heta Fledgling Freddie

if I said what I want to, I'd get a warning/ban :(

happend last time there was a thread about Requiel

26. dee777

dee777 Loyal Freddie

To all of those, that agree with IainC, you have every right to feel that way, but you aren't one of the two major _CUSTOMER RELATIONS_ guys for a company. Apart from the CEO of a company, I cant think of anyone else that needs to always stay positive or at least silent about customers without exception. "Something wrong with you" and "borderline sociopath" are just inexcusable. PR disaster of the year so far IMO.

Death threats are retarded and need to be dealt with, no questions asked. Does that warrant a rant spiced with insulting your customers on a public forum during launch phase? Hell no! Not on several levels actually.

I dont know the guy personally, so I just hope he got moved to another department and does something else there thats better suited to his skills, but I would not be surprised if he got shafted. People get fired for far less severe fukkups. Whatever happened to him, you gotta give GOA kudos for not massacring him in public, when it would have been very easy to get all the customer anger away from the company that didnt get the beta (or actually the registration servers) to fly and onto the scapegoat that vented his frustration in the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  27. AngelHeal

point taken

28. Zandr

Zandr Fledgling Freddie

I loled, :fluffle:

29. Soazak

Soazak Part of the furniture

While it may have been slightly OTT, it was aimed at a very specific group of people. They were being douchebags and needed to be told so.

I think the main problem is that the entire community took it as if he was addressing it to everyone, which in a public announcement is hard to avoid.
    E-rage over beta being a few hours late is retarded, actually I think e-rage over anything is pretty dumb.

The best course of action would have been to just get the mods to ban/remove anything out of line, but hell...the guy was spot on. I lol'd also ;)

also Mark Jacobs apparently commented on it in his blog in a very negative way, which I think was more unprofessional than the original comments tbh

30. Roo Stercogburn

Roo Stercogburn Resident Freddy

Carlos accurately sums it up I think.

I note that some of the people feigning righteous nerd rage and making digs since the incident/post aren't even playing WAR and are merely trolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.