Hitchikers Guide To the Galaxy Returns

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Damn, going to have to tune my radio in now and figure out a way to record them.

Vae

Resident Freddy
They are available for listening over the web for 7 days following each Thursday repeat so you should be able to figure out a way to record them :D

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
I thought this was going to be another thread about the film, but this is so much better! Thanks a million for the link.

Bloop

Fledgling Freddie
Can't wait for the fiilm! Although I think some of the casting was terrible...and what did they do to Marvin?!*cries*

Chilly

Balls of steel
there was absolutely no need to redo the film, the BBC one, while appaling in terms of graphics was seriously funny. any new attempt had better surpass it or poor old Doug will be turning in his grave :(

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
New Trailer !!!
http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

I must say, it could've been a lot worse and, in a better mood I might have said it looked quite spiffy. But I cannot get back to sleep and I'll be damned if I'm going to let anyone get away with feeling better than I currently do.
The pace is a quite a bit faster, thus there is less "this situation is weird/gross/pretty much typical of a thursday" and prattling about things in Adams great style but my hopes remain high after that trailer.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Trailer looks good, although I'm not sure about the way they've done Zaphod's second head...

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'm not to sure I like the look of that at all :(

Bit worried now.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The exclusive trailer is just the best trailer i've ever seen.

"Voice that belongs to a seven foot tall man who has been smoking cigarettes since childhood..."

lollerific

Sue_White

Fledgling Freddie
To be Quite Honest i don't think that the new movie's gonna be very good, i mean trillian, Arthur , Ford AND Zaphod.....actually EVERYONE.....they all have the wrong voices. And What have they done to poor marvin??? lol.
I'll probably go to see it just to work out whether i like it or not....i doubt i will..... :(

-----------------X------------------X-----------------X------------------
SUE:If i have to stand up, things are going to kick off around here.
(Caroline Stands up first)
SUE:I could put a spell on you.
Caroline: What?
SUE:Nothing!
Caroline: Did you just say you were going to put a spell on me?
SUE: No i didn't! Are you mad?
Caroline:You get all the gossip and pass it on. I could report you for meddling.
Sue: meddling? MEDDLING??? How dare you? take that back!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If you go with such a negative attitude you won't enjoy it.

Personally I'll take it as it comes. I have a feeling it will be good but nothing will compare to reading the books.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
IMHO, Alan rickman as Marvin is inspired casting. :p

As for the others, I'm not sure yet.

Sue_White

Fledgling Freddie
It's not The fact that i have a negative attitude towards it, it's just that I don't think I like the look of it, I have seen the trailers and I don't like what I see or hear. But it's just my opinion so it doesn't matter......

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I like the look of it, and what I say goes. :)

This and Sin City look greeeeeeeeeeeet!

Sue_White

Fledgling Freddie
lol ok frizz *hides*

It's just that it doesn't look right to me because when i read the book (which was a long time ago) And listened to the radio series, i imagined them to be a lot different, and the voices i'd got used to and i prefered the good old English accents that Arthur and Ford had....and the American Zaphod

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Thats always a problem when you have your own vision of how the film version should be. If its quite different to how you imagined it to be can ruin it for you.

Its like someone doing a cover of a classic song and doing it differently. If you loved the way the original was done then this cover isnt going to blow you away.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sue_White said:
lol ok frizz *hides*

It's just that it doesn't look right to me because when i read the book (which was a long time ago) And listened to the radio series, i imagined them to be a lot different, and the voices i'd got used to and i prefered the good old English accents that Arthur and Ford had....and the American Zaphod

What's the problem? Arthur's being played by Tim from the Office (fucking inspired if you ask me), who's English, and Ford sounded pretty english to me in that trailer too.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
Arthur's being played by Tim from the Office (fucking inspired if you ask me)

Agreed.

Bodhi said:
and Ford sounded pretty english to me in that trailer too.

Are you made? It's Mos Def fgs?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh I wasn't really paying attention at that bit. Had a young lady on the MSN :)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Empire gave it 4 stars, basically saying it's as good an adaptation as it's going to get, mentioned something about the editing around the guide being a bit jumpy but that the performances were spot on.

So...yay i guess for any doubters so far...Blimey, it's been 8 years since I last read it :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I hate that Sam Rockwell pronounces it Zay-phod rather than Zah-phod. I never heard the radio broadcasts, is that how they pronounced it there?

imdb.com said:
Bill Bailey .... The Whale (voice)

Awesome :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
nath said:
I hate that Sam Rockwell pronounces it Zay-phod rather than Zah-phod. I never heard the radio broadcasts, is that how they pronounced it there?

Awesome :D

Yes.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I've always had it as Zay-Phod, Zar-Phod sounds southern, there's no R in it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom