Question General anaesthetic

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I had a GA a couple of years ago to remove some polyps from my nose, the worst part of it was waking up and the surgeon was telling me how it went. As far as i was concerned she was saying 'Waaaeeerrrblllle wwwennnfffrle Gummmmbbaaeeerr slllopppppggge'.

I also almost threw up after about an hour, but held it back - the nausea (if you get it) doesn't last long.

By far the worst thing though was having the 'stuffing' (gauze) removed from my nose....i could feel it scraping on the edge of my skull and the nurse pulled it out like a magicians hanky, congealed blood and snot along with it.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Laz...they don't suction routinely unless its needed, and certainly not from your lungs....more from your mouth and upper airways.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Had it for my adenoids and tonsils, the tonsils op is the only one I can remember, just remember waking up thinking, "where, what, huh, buh" then having a bit of a cough a shed load of blood coming out, I was on my front so I guessed that was expected.

I have an option to get my sinus sorted out, since I have chronic sinusitis, but... little bit scared... maybe next year!

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the advice guys. Talking about it has made me feel a lot better about the whole situation.

Everything scheduled for a week on Friday ... going for a CT scan on Thursday (for some strange reason it's something I've always wanted to do) ... I'll let you know how everything goes :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If the zombie apocalypse begins because of you being out cold, i'll so come shoot you.

If you turn that is :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I've had about 4-5 GA's in about 2-3 different hospitals in my 17 years of life :p - all have gone fine, nothing wrong, it's better than a local anyway, trust me, i've had about 6-7 of those too, you just get some guy who gets paid to talk about random shit to you, it just bores the hell outta you, you'll be fine mate don't worry about it, you should only start worrying if you've had like 20 in your life, then it starts to get risky...

sayward

Resident Freddy
I'm always sick. Take some strepsils with you, some of the nurses don't appreciate how bad your throat can feel.

Gwadien

Then again, if you've needed 20 of 'em, yiu might have bigger worries in your bodbod :D

haha, true that.. true that:)

I've had numerous operations to my eyes due to no tear ducks, Im not explaining what it is, because I've done it thousands of times in my life and I'm getting sick of it, google it foo's, if you care :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
haha, true that.. True that:)

i've had numerous operations to my eyes due to no tear ducks, im not explaining what it is, because i've done it thousands of times in my life and i'm getting sick of it, google it foo's, if you care :)

you're a terminator!

Gwadien

Not that I'm aware of Tilda, they consisted of operations to drill holes into the corners of my eyes where your tearducks are supposed to be and feed a tube into it, and drain it into my nose, because basically, I'm perma crying - although recently, it's not as bad, because the water is supposed to drain into the corner of your eye, but mine doesn't...

All operations have failed though, I'm supposed to have glass tubes now, but the NHS haven't contacted me, and it's not really bothering me atm, so I'm not cotnacting them :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom