Politics 2024/25 General Election Voting Intention (2022)

Who do you currently intend to vote for in the next UK general election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • DUP

• Sinn Fein

• Plaid Cymru

• SDLP

• Green

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other

• Total voters

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've included the majority of possibilities, naturally only vote for those who are available in your nation.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I went lib dem.
However I won't know until I've scanned each manifesto, and even then that could change once I enter the polling booth.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
However I won't know until I've scanned each manifesto
Genuine question: Given the fact that manifesto promises are rarely kept (and in the case of the Tories - are election documents to buy votes and nothing more) - then why bother?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Everyone should just vote for this.

Seems like this might need an update :p

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Genuine question: Given the fact that manifesto promises are rarely kept (and in the case of the Tories - are election documents to buy votes and nothing more) - then why bother?
That's like saying they are all as bad as each other and not voting at all.
Considering no one else has had a chance to implement manifesto promises, other than the tories in the last 12years, your question is a bit silly.

JBP|

Part of the furniture

Everyone should just vote for this.

Seems like this might need an update :p
Well according to that, I now live in a tory safe seat and it can't recommend who I should vote for. That's handy!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's like saying they are all as bad as each other and not voting at all.
I disagree. The tories have historically failed on their manifesto promises - although recently they've been complete outright lies - so there's no point in reading their manifesto, as we know they're lying.

Labour have put aspirational shit in there, but again haven't been great on delivering historically.

Considering no one else has had a chance to implement manifesto promises, other than the tories in the last 12years, your question is a bit silly.
Not really - given all their histories on delivering. There are other means and methods of judging who to vote for than what they put in their manifesto.

Labour, for example, won't put all their silly interfering shit that they do in their manifesto - but they'll do it anyway. So you judge by actions and history.

Frankly, for me, the only real question we need to be answering is how are we going to respond to the existential crisis we're facing - so I'm voting green. I know there's fuck all hope of them getting in (in fact, there's no green candidate in my area) - but the more people who vote green the harder it is for the political parties of all spectrums to ignore it.

(Don't really know why I bother - if it was all just "I'm alright jack" I should vote Tory. But then I'm not that big of a cunt).

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I disagree. The tories have historically failed on their manifesto promises - although recently they've been complete outright lies - so there's no point in reading their manifesto, as we know they're lying.

Labour have put aspirational shit in there, but again haven't been great on delivering historically.

Not really - given all their histories on delivering. There are other means and methods of judging who to vote for than what they put in their manifesto.

Labour, for example, won't put all their silly interfering shit that they do in their manifesto - but they'll do it anyway. So you judge by actions and history.

Frankly, for me, the only real question we need to be answering is how are we going to respond to the existential crisis we're facing - so I'm voting green. I know there's fuck all hope of them getting in (in fact, there's no green candidate in my area) - but the more people who vote green the harder it is for the political parties of all spectrums to ignore it.

(Don't really know why I bother - if it was all just "I'm alright jack" I should vote Tory. But then I'm not that big of a cunt).
In my humble opinion the greens would make a bigger fuck up of the economy than the thunderbird puppet has done.
Voting for a party based on their history is an odd concept. Shouldn't you be voting for a party you believe would drive the country forward, not what is did in the past? Considering we actually have no idea how the other party leaders would fair, apart from that bloody Truss woman.
So that brings us back to looking at manifestos to give an indication of where we might be taken, I think.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In my humble opinion the greens would make a bigger fuck up of the economy than the thunderbird puppet has done.
They're never getting in so we'll never know.

If they ever got to the point that they could get in, they'd professionalise. But they're a parliamentary protest group at the moment - and should be treated as such. - if you care about the environment, and think we're really in the shit, there's no other party to vote for.

Voting for a party based on their history is an odd concept
Not really. Because, shamefully, they don't really change much. Tories are Tories - they've been Tory-ing since I've been alive. So to look at them and think "they could drive the country forward" is the very definition of madness - unless you like widening inequality, underfunded services, free-market fundamentalism etc.

Shouldn't you be voting for a party you believe would drive the country forward, not what is did in the past?
It's one way of looking at how you should vote. And a valid one.

Personally, for me, there's only one thing we should really be thinking about right now - and all the rest of it is guff. So vote with the single biggest issue.

Experience has taught me that whoever's in wont make *significant* change. We don't live in a proper democracy anyway so we don't get to vote on anything radical. Labour will tinker around the edges with what the Tories are doing - and be a darn sight more honest - but it won't amount to much and the Tories will reverse it when they get in power anyway. So for me, you should vote for the one important thing that actually matters (and no, I don't think the shit that humans are going through in this country matters when stacked up against a global catastrophe).

Considering we actually have no idea how the other party leaders would fair, apart from that bloody Truss woman.
I think we do. I think they're all more or less the same. Nothing big or significant. And if you look at what's changed when different governments have got in - it bears that out.

All of the above? Fair enough - but this:

So that brings us back to looking at manifestos to give an indication of where we might be taken, I think.
I fundamentally dispute this. The Tory manifesto isn't worth a read. Its lies from beginning to end. So why would you read it? It can't inform you - it can only fuck your sensible mind up.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

This should help too...with incumbents anyway.

Edit, just look at it all.

And then look at her majority.

Then wonder how/why this country is a busted flush.

Embattle

FH is my second home
We can do another poll each year around the same time, see if there is any change.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I fundamentally dispute this. The Tory manifesto isn't worth a read. Its lies from beginning to end. So why would you read it? It can't inform you - it can only fuck your sensible mind up.
Why are you so hung up on the Tory manifesto? It might come as a shock to you to discover that they are not the only ones that publish one when election campaigns start.
If you like I'll use the last election for my example, I would dearly have loved to vote Lib Dem, one of the reasons being they were the only party to to produce full costings for pledges and actually have the numbers stack up.
However once it came to leaving my mark in the box I voted for Labour, not because I liked what was on offer, but to do my bit to remove Johnson.
Unfortunately that didn't work out locally or nationally.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why are you so hung up on the Tory manifesto? It might come as a shock to you to discover that they are not the only ones that publish one when election campaigns start.
Because the rest of them don't really deliver on them either - they're pointless documents:

Relevant point to you:
I'll use the last election for my example, I would dearly have loved to vote Lib Dem

The Primary Lib Dem Manifesto Commitment in 2010 said:
Scrap University Tuition Fees for undergraduates
They built their whole campaign around this. It was their primary manifesto commitment. And they didn't just not make working with the Tories conditional on this - by the end of the year they voted in a TRIPLING of tuition fees.

They had power. It was their centrepiece. They betrayed the people that voted for them and made themselves unelectable for a bloody good long while.

Manifestos are bullshit.

Edit: BTW - The current Lib Dem leader wrote, at the time of that betrayal of their voting public in favour of the Tories, that the Lib Dems had "long prided itself on its commitment to education as the great leveller" - just before she voted to triple fees.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Every single government that has got into power, ever, regardless of persuasion, have delivered precisely dick of any manifesto pledge.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I live in a safe Labour seat. My MP, Kate Green, has been fairly decent by all accounts. I vote Green now, because I agree with most of their policies (the HS2 critics can sod off though). And they're a growing presence in Trafford, they seem to be taking more seats every time there's local elections. Also, I've chatted with a few of the Green councillors and they're decent people who know their areas and know what's needed to improve the place.

I have never voted Conservative and never will. They are a party of inherited wealth, entitlement and outdated traditions. They believe they're born to rule. They can fuck off.

Gwadien

Kinda pointless - Tories won't be calling any sort of election until they are legally mandated to.

I think we need reform to the way that elections can be called too.

They'll either just drive the country into the ground and happily lose the next election *or* they'll wait for Labour to fuck up and make themselves look like the 'only option' again.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Seems LT's media round this morning hasn't gone down very well, something that did go up while she was making an ass of herself was 10 year gilts.

Gwadien

There are still some decent Tories, very rare. I got to know our local Tory councillors through the parish council, with the exception of their leader, they are largely decent folk, and actually doing a reasonable job for the most part.

I feel like the 'decent' Tories should be jumping ship though, if they're true Tories (which Rory Stewart described) then they should make it absolutely clear that the current Government does not represent their views, if they wait until an election to suddenly jump ship, it shows that they're just opportunists and don't really have a shred of credibility.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I feel like the 'decent' Tories should be jumping ship though
This is the thing. If you're supporting the party doing bad shit, you're part of the problem - no matter how "good a bloke" you are.

There's obviously party cohesion to think about but the bottom line is, there people want power and want paid, and if that means do the wong thing, then wrong thing it is..

People of real strong conscience are rare (and come with their own pitfalls).

Gwadien

This is the thing. If you're supporting the party doing bad shit, you're part of the problem - no matter how "good a bloke" you are.

There's obviously party cohesion to think about but the bottom line is, there people want power and want paid, and if that means do the wong thing, then wrong thing it is..

People of real strong conscience are rare (and come with their own pitfalls).

That gives more of a reason to like Rory Stewart - if you watch that interview, he's clearly still interested in politics, but he just doesn't want to support the Tories in their current form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom