Film The General Film Thread

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got a mate who spooges over all things Alien and the trailer hit the right notes, sort of.

I guess I'm jaded and old!
Count me in as one of them who jisms over anything to do with the Alien Universe.

I saw Alien when I was around 11 years old with my Mum at a friend's house across the road. We left around 11pm and I still remember both Mum and me gripping each other like we were about to fall off a cliff and scampered back over the road to our house, got in and immediately locked all the doors and turned on every light we could find.

Dad being Dad could not understand how we could be so scared after watching a film on the TV as it is not real, bless him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why! :(

I guess anything with Michael Keaton in it tho...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
So despite some favourable reviews, it appears according to IMDB and most people who've seen it, the new remake of Road House is actually garbage and not worth the effort.

Anyone surprised about this?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So despite some favourable reviews, it appears according to IMDB and most people who've seen it, the new remake of Road House is actually garbage and not worth the effort.

Anyone surprised about this?
I watched it last night, was on my lappy at the same time, just didn't touch the original imo. The baddy was a fucking comedian and the fight scenes were like something out of that shitty American wrestling thing (even worse than ours but at least we had Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks).

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I watched it last night, was on my lappy at the same time, just didn't touch the original imo. The baddy was a fucking comedian and the fight scenes were like something out of that shitty American wrestling thing (even worse than ours but at least we had Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks).

Suspected so - there should be a rule in Hollywood, all remakes should be killed with fire before they get out of the production meeting.

PS I don't consider Dune a remake, more of a reinterpretation of a book, with less weird.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, it's some MMA shit in the new one, whereas it should be a dude bust'in heads.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Does (s)he rate it @Overdriven?

Honestly not asked - I only knew it was coming out because of a LinkedIn message where he announced that he worked on it. (He also did Expendables 4) - It's probably not going to be rated by him as it's not his choice of style, but work is work innit.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Expendables 4 was an abomination. :(

(the colouring looked fine though, he stayed within the lines and everything)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom