TV BNP to appear on Question Time

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The people against the BNP need to start doing something about it then and change peoples minds, all I have seen so far is "OMG RACIST!" nothing of any substance. In a democracy everybody has the right to an opinion and a right to voice that opinion, get used to it, its been that way for sometime.

The big 3 parties need to sort their shit out and start actually representing their electorate if they want to stop parties such as the BNP, fucking about with sound bites and doing nothing constructive is what is allowing the BNP to gain ground. It doesn't matter what a party wants, or what a vocal minority want its what the majority want that is important. Politicians cannot lie as easily as they once could, thanks to the internet the truth usually comes out and they just end up looking like the lying, scheming little wankers that they are.

A massive amount of head in the sand is what has got this country into the state that it is in, nobody seems to want to do anything about it though.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I am going to say something that some might find hard to swallow.
My intention is to make an observation about human nature.

We are all, every single one of us, programmed from birth to fear that which is different from ourselves.

That isn't to say that we can't overcome this most basic of feelings, but it's there all the same. I am a white male who considers himself Welsh first, British second. When I see someone of a different ethnicity, I notice. I'm not scared, fearful, angry, disgusted or otherwise negative. I don't make a big deal about it. I just acknowledge that another person has a different background to myself.

I personally believe that completely ignoring someone's ethnicity is a form of disrespect.

rynnor

Rockhound
At this point they have a choice - either seriously address the grievances that drive people to the BNP or sit back and see them rise to the status of a major party like in France - its pretty much a straight choice.

The Knowledge

Fledgling Freddie
To all the people who have or intend to vote for the BNP, are you voting for them because you are fed up with the current 3 political parties and therefore you vote for them as a protest vote ? If you're voting for them because of their stance on immigration & race, have you thought to consider what the BNP will do for education, health, defence, public spending...? Do you honestly think the BNP are the right party to look after our national health service ? The environment ? Business & international development ? Agriculture ?

Would abstaining or voting for anyone else except the BNP not be a wiser option ?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Abstaining from voting is the worst thing anyone could do.

rynnor

Rockhound
Abstaining from voting is the worst thing anyone could do.

I agree - its not the job of the people to vote for any particular party - those parties have to get out there and attract people - if people start favouring a particular party they need to work out why?

I dont think people have suddenly become racist so thats out - could it be concerns about mass uncontrolled Immigration maybe? :p

rynnor

Rockhound
If you're voting for them because of their stance on immigration & race, have you thought to consider what the xxx will do for education, health, defence, public spending...? Do you honestly think the xxx are the right party to look after our national health service ? The environment ? Business & international development ? Agriculture ?

You could insert any party into the xxx's - Labour for instance have shown themselves to be crap at all this - what can you ever believe about any prospective government - they all lie to get in then do something different :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The ballot paper is apolitical and amoral. It doesn't care why you're voting for the BNP. It doesn't care that you're voting for them out of protest or because you agree with what Nick Griffin says. All the ballot paper does is register a positive vote for the BNP and in real terms what that tick in the box does is say "I want the BNP to get into power". So your protest vote - which you made thinking "its ok, they'll never get into power so I don't have to worry about the what ifs" could become a real issue if enough people vote for them. If you make a protest vote but deep down you'd rather not have them get any real power then don't vote for them. Of course you can vote for who you like for whatever reasons. I just wish people would think a little bit more about what the wider consequences could be if they get real power.

rynnor

Rockhound
The ballot paper is apolitical and amoral. It doesn't care why you're voting for the BNP. It doesn't care that you're voting for them out of protest or because you agree with what Nick Griffin says. All the ballot paper does is register a positive vote for the BNP and in real terms what that tick in the box does is say "I want the BNP to get into power". So your protest vote - which you made thinking "its ok, they'll never get into power so I don't have to worry about the what ifs" could become a real issue if enough people vote for them. If you make a protest vote but deep down you'd rather not have them get any real power then don't vote for them. Of course you can vote for who you like for whatever reasons. I just wish people would think a little bit more about what the wider consequences could be if they get real power.

They already had over a million votes at the Euro election - I'd say its already a serious issue but the people to blame are not the voters but the idiots running the mainstream parties - this has been slowly coming to a head and they just ignored it.

Edit - funny - your quote is almost exactly how I feel about the Lib Dems - talk about crazy policies!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I want Gordon Brown to go on QT, I think he'd suffer more abuse because he's actually had 12 years to fuck us up where as Fat Nick is really only words.

rynnor

Rockhound
Will Question Time continue after this?

Dimbleby was the worst moderator I have ever seen on that episode and all sorts of information is starting to come out on how they rigged the show - I think it may have comitted suicide by that episode.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
175,000 page visits over 2 days:

Wikipedia article traffic statistics

Hopefully those 175,000 people will mostly be thinking "what a twat". I disagree with the above points about protest votes however. Some people will be voting BNP because no other party pretends to offer a solution to what they view as the main problems in their town. Seeing Griffin attacked as he was on Thursday, they'll be even more inclined to do so.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Which brings me back to my point about the BBC and the fact that they are trying to demonise someone. The truth will out and it will damage their cause far more than being honest. Nick Griffin is a class A dickhead but when people start lying about him, mis-quoting him and putting words in his mouth people will find out about it. The politicians and the media need to wake the fuck up, stop bullshitting and start sorting problems out.

No wonder China is so obsessed about internet censorship, the truth is the most damaging thing to a political party.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Actually I would say that being caught trying to cover up the truth is more damaging.

I think most people would accept that governments try their best, but hey, they're only human. Its when the government refuses to admit that they could do better that people get pissed off.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Religious leaders are bigger bullshiters than political leaders though to be fair. I can imagine before this age of political correctness you'd have had trouble finding a christian who didn't agree with the BNP's ideas of islam.

rynnor

Rockhound
Religious leaders are bigger bullshiters than political leaders though to be fair. I can imagine before this age of political correctness you'd have had trouble finding a christian who didn't agree with the BNP's ideas of islam.

Probably but then Christians dont even get on with each other - theres still incredible amounts of hatred/prejudice between catholics/protestants in both directions.

Edit - and for balance the same applies to the various types of Muslim - there was that 'honor killing' recently where the daughter was going out with a muslim from a different sect.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Who gives a fuck what some bloke who believes in imaginary sky fairies think?

Oh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom