TV BNP to appear on Question Time

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I don't think QT will have gone very far to change peoples' views on the BNP. Nick Griffin is a lying racist **** and that won't change any time soon. His supporters will still support him.

I thought Dimbleby was a shit chair for this. The questions and audience interaction were too aggressive. No real opportunities for own petard hoisting when on the defensive, although I did lol at the "non-violent" sub sect of the KKK. wtf.

It wasn't even non violent it was "almost non violent". lol.

rynnor

Rockhound
Andrew Neill - "I wonder whether we see a different programme from the one that's being watched out in the country? The danger tonight was that the British people, famous for their fair-mindedness, saw one man being beaten up by five other people on the panel, including the presenter, and by an audience that was overwhelmingly hostile to him."

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I did enjoy it when Jack Straw guaranteed immunity from prosecution for anything nick was about to say. "im the justice secretary, I promise you!" :D

only for griffin to come back with a pop at the EU that straw didn't have an answer for

Embattle

FH is my second home
Andrew Neill - "I wonder whether we see a different programme from the one that's being watched out in the country? The danger tonight was that the British people, famous for their fair-mindedness, saw one man being beaten up by five other people on the panel, including the presenter, and by an audience that was overwhelmingly hostile to him."

I'm not sure what else would happen no matter how much people would try.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Aside from the fact he is a blatant tool, he came across far better than I imagined, the fact the format was totally changed suited the BNP as well, to me it clearly shows that the other parties are running scared.. The BBC didn't help their cause either mind.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Oh god... this is terrible. I actually have more respect for the BNP party after that than I did before. It's still very, very little respect, and I'd rather have my toenails removed with a blowtorch than vote for them, but wow. How badly can you mismanage an event?

The antifascist league are dicks. People don't vote BNP because they are dumb, or evil. They vote BNP because they are angry, and/or feel isolated from the mainstream. Therefore, screaming angrily at them, and making them feel villified for their views will only make things worse. The same with the audience - "Dick Griffin"? Please. Do you want to draw a cock on his face while he's sleeping too? Maybe order him a hundred pizzas? That woman sat next to him was shite as well - mouthing off afterwards how she wanted to slap him? How immature is that? It's like teenage girls, gathered in the toilets, insisting they would "well slap that bitch next time they see her, yeah?"

It makes me sad. Deep, bone weary, sad. I had hoped that his appearance on tv would show people that he's not a sound choice for a vote, as his policies are weak and fixated on one issue only, and expose the nasty underbelly of his ideals. Instead it showed how vulgar, dismissive, immature and hypocritical mainstream politics can be, and that the impartiality of the BBC is a myth.

:(

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
nothing but a witch hunt. the whole thing was clearly set up to throw abuse at the BNP. think all they did was harm their own statement about been impartial.

had to laugh at the other politicians tho, they were like little children been egged on by their parents so they could get a sweetie.

all they had to do was tackle his stand points on a few key issues and let him speak and he would have hung himself admirably, but not to be good going BBC.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thing is, good or bad, no-one else but Griffin is voiced the fears and doubts felt by a lot of people in this country today.

Even the BBC reported the other day that the population of our country is forecast to rise to 71 million fairly shortly, with 3/4 of those people being immigrants, and lets face it, probably half the remaining 1/4 children of immigrants anyway. Where will they live? In the SE of England. And we will concrete over the remains of our country to house them. And give them free NHS.

And then soon, one generation, maybe two, there will be so many immigrants they will have real voting power.

rynnor

Rockhound
Thing is, good or bad, no-one else but Griffin is voiced the fears and doubts felt by a lot of people in this country today.

Even the BBC reported the other day that the population of our country is forecast to rise to 71 million fairly shortly, with 3/4 of those people being immigrants, and lets face it, probably half the remaining 1/4 children of immigrants anyway. Where will they live? In the SE of England. And we will concrete over the remains of our country to house them. And give them free NHS.

And then soon, one generation, maybe two, there will be so many immigrants they will have real voting power.

Yes - if they remain - they may just move on to a new better EU country by then.

By a generation or two they will just be brits like the rest of us tho for the most part?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It was all a bit of a farce really. Here's what I think:

The BNP including Fat Nick are racist, narrow-minded idiots. Nick Griffin comes across as an educated man who has a set of beliefs to which he is entitled. I think it was good to get him on because I do believe that if you give him enough rope, he'll hang himself anyway so the BNP's beliefs, no matter how extreme, are a moot point.

However, what I find particularly good about the BNP is I see them as a natural balance to the rest of politics, a carbon control rod if you like. Labour and the Tories need to know that there is an uprising that they can't control unless they get their fucking fingers and heads out of their own arses, and that people will vote for the BNP in a fit of protesting rage. Labour have made a right royal fuckup of the UK, and I just hope the Tories do something about it at the next election (lets be honest, they're going to get in).

What I found absolutely absurd was how Nick and the bloke in the audience used The Bible and The Qur'an as some sort of truthful reference manual when it came to what was and wasn't acceptable with regards to what they both preached. I mean FUCK ME, it's not a Haynes manual, it's a load of make-believe tosh that's unfortunately been kicking around for over 2000 years. That said, that trival tosh has people blowing themselves, so it's clearly important to a lot of people, which leads me onto:

Islam. It needs to go.

My biggest gripe is definitely with immigration, the UK is a treasure island for these incomers and we need to get a cap on it fast. Again, both Tory and Labour governments have made a complete arse of it and one or the other needs to sort it out - and sort it out fast. I wonder how much longer it's going to take before there is enough of them in the UK to have a substantial majority that will allow them to start up their own political parties, and then you end up having an uprising/problem much worse than the BNP with a large majority behind it. I'm not against immigration, we just need to sort the mess out.

mooSe_

FH is my second home

? Are saying all the immigrants from all over the world are going to unite together and vote the same way? Surely in one generation, maybe two, they will all be british people anyway and won't consider themselves immigrants.

rynnor

Rockhound
? Are saying all the immigrants from all over the world are going to unite together and vote the same way? Surely in one generation, maybe two, they will all be british people anyway and won't consider themselves immigrants.

Exactly :)

old.user4556

Jesus Christ - get real; not even British people consider themselves British people. Hell, I can't even want England to win a game of football without getting serious abuse from my Scottish peers.

rynnor

Rockhound
However, what I find particularly good about the BNP is I see them as a natural balance to the rest of politics, a carbon control rod if you like. Labour and the Tories need to know that there is an uprising that they can't control unless they get their fucking fingers and heads out of their own arses, and that people will vote for the BNP in a fit of protesting rage. Labour have made a right royal fuckup of the UK, and I just hope the Tories do something about it at the next election (lets be honest, they're going to get in).

I agree with you - I cant see Labour changing though - its an article of faith to them that criticising or limiting Immigration = racism.

Perhaps the Conservatives may adapt to it but seeing as they still want to bring hunting back its hard to see them as a party thats moved on - maybe UKIP can reform into something appropriate?

rynnor

Rockhound
Jesus Christ - get real; not even British people consider themselves British people. Hell, I can't even want England to win a game of football without getting serious abuse from my Scottish peers.

I dont think theres any major antagonism between brits n eastern europe (where most Immigrants are from) that would stop their kids becoming Brits?

Thats one thing that makes the BNP look silly - they oppose Immigration on racial grounds but most Immigrants are white :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All this screams, Vote Lib Dem for a laugh.

I may even buy a yellow t-shirt.

Go for it! :)

old.user4556

That's the other flip side of the coin, the "indigenous" UK populous seem to contain a vast amount of benefit grabbing waste of spaces. Maybe we need more immigrants.

rynnor

Rockhound
That's the other flip side of the coin, the "indigenous" UK populous seem to contain a vast amount of benefit grabbing waste of spaces. Maybe we need more immigrants.

We have 2.5 million unemployed tho - we need reform of the benefits system but we probably dont need tons more Immigrants during a recession?

When the economies growing its fair enough though - helps maintain growth.

rynnor

Rockhound
Apparently the BNP have received applications equal to 30% of their current membership over the last day or so...

throdgrain

FH is my second home

No, I'm saying maybe a lot of them will be muslims and will vote however they're told.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
just a shame most of them were written in crayon on a brick

I think the main problem with current politics and the BNP is that many people are becoming tired of the 'seemingly' constant flow of immigrants and this has become the simple 'answer' to what is currently wrong with this country. I'm not saying it's a problem but it's become slightly too focused upon imho.

The worrying thing is when people like Lamp (ofc I'm assuming he's only joking) label BNP members/voters as 'thick hooligans/racsists etc'. With comments like this and media reporting this angle I personally feel that people will become even more disenfranchised with the government of today and will become more likely to vote.

Not sure if that makes sense. If the BNP were a little less 'bash the black/asian/<insert other race here>' and actually had something else in there manifesto then I might be tempted to vote as all the other parties seemingly refuse to deal with the current level of immigration in a manner I find acceptable.

I'm sure this is a feeling held by many and this is where the problem occurs.

rynnor

Rockhound
A new Poll carried out after that show now has 22% of people seriously considering voting BNP

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
just a shame most of them were written in crayon on a brick
It's equally likely that a lot of clued up left wingers and black and asian people have cottoned on to the fact now that the BNP has been forced to change it's membership policy they can throw an almighty spanner in the works by creating a huge voting block in the party which is multicultural. That's what i'm hoping anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom