Football Go on England

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aimlessly pass the ball around between your own box and the half way line, get smacked.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Did England's primary team get the day off and the reserves are playing atm?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell, what a clusterfuck we are when playing under pressure of the occasion.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
GET FUCKING IN THERE MARY!!!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh well, have to say it, the better team won.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Apart from the Semi I'm not sure England ever looked that good, it always seemed to be a struggle at times to get moving.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Apart from the Semi I'm not sure England ever looked that good, it always seemed to be a struggle at times to get moving.
Tell me about it, I only managed to get to the semi stage despite my best efforts.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Not sure how we won that considering all the issues we've had. Not to mention the players removed from the squad.

Also, am I the only one who found the ref hot?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not sure how we won that considering all the issues we've had. Not to mention the players removed from the squad.

Also, am I the only one who found the ref hot?
I only caught the first 7 or 8 minutes and I thought Spain were well better tbh.

I thought the ref was smiley, which was weird as it was a departure from the frowny frowny men. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
WTF:

??

A "form of sexual violence"? I guess, technically, some people could see it that way. We can't keep setting the bar so fucking low and pandering to the lowest common denominator there.

She didn't particularly like it but as she's clearly said - it's a natural gesture of affection.

It was a totally spontaneous mutual gesture because of the immense joy that winning a World Cup brings.

The president and I have a great relationship, his behaviour with all of us has been outstanding and it was a natural gesture of affection and gratitude. A gesture of friendship and gratitude cannot be gone over so much, we have won a World Cup and we are not going to deviate from what is important.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
WTF:

??

A "form of sexual violence"? I guess, technically, some people could see it that way. We can't keep setting the bar so fucking low and pandering to the lowest common denominator there.

She didn't particularly like it but as she's clearly said - it's a natural gesture of affection.

Not sure if you guys have had the context reported on your end for the last year but the fact we got past the group stage let alone won the tournament has extra meaning.

- Last year after the Euros (eliminated by England in the quarters), the players complained about how the team was being managed. That it wasn't professional, preparation was poor, the harshness of the manager Jorge Vilda.

- Vilda had just renewed his contract until 2024 and he made public his intention to see it out. He had the backing of the Spanish FA and its president, Luis Rubiales (the kissing guy from the article).

- A vast majority of the team felt that with the current conditions (aka lack of improvement according to them) they wouldn't be able to win or come close to winning anything.

- The women's national team is no different to the men's in the sense that the usual group is comprised of Real Madrid players, Barcelona players then the rest except with the guys they seem to be able to drop club tags in favour of the flag during the international call-ups. With the women there's a lot more friction.

- Last September (early) during a press conference they quizzed Vilda and the captains about the perceived unhappiness in the camp and that apparently a lot of the players were considering quitting. Vilda said he had not received any indication that any of his players wanted to quit and the captains said that they would be trying to enforce change and improve the situation.

- 22 September. The Spanish FA receive official messages from 15 different players stating that the national team camp was affecting their emotional state and as a result, their health. This message was apparently "recommended" by their lawyers to send to the FA.

- The Spanish FA takes this as an "I don't want to play for my country anymore" while the 15 players stated that it was more of a "I don't want to play until things are improved. We have never quit the national team". I personally don't see the difference but hey. Of these 15, 6 were from Barcelona. Not really significant other than to show they weren't 15 nobodies. A few of them were given their debuts by Vilda as well as having worked with him at youth level.

- Other than the 15, there were 3 more players who indirectly supported the 15. Maybe 3 of the best players our women's team have ever had - Jenny Hermoso (the one the FA president kissed), Alexia Putellas balon d'or winner who was only just finishing recovery during the world cup and Irene Paredes, the female equivalent of Sergio Ramos.

- Fast forward a bit and World Cup is approaching, 8 of the 15 players send another official message to the FA saying they wish to be considered for selection again. 3 of them were taken and he left out 5 who were pretty much usual guaranteed starters. "Sporting decisions" apparently.

- This entire time, it was Jenny (kissed) who was managing the relationship between the squad and the FA via the president (kisser) so if they want to show a bit of emotion after the shit show of a year the women's team have produced well let them. We have the feminist movements here in Spain lobbying for him to be removed due to sexual assault. She even said it was a spontaneous, mutual act between 2 friends and refers to him as the one who has enabled the team to be together considering there's still tension between the squad and the manager which was clear to see as they didn't celebrate with him lol.

TLDR: 2 friends who have become closer friends considering the tension of recent events kiss each other and apparently it's assault. The squad still don't like the coach. We won the tournament without a lot of the usual first team players.

Also in Spain kissing isn't such a big thing compared to the UK. Maybe more of a cultural thing I suppose as Italy are similar.

It seriously started pissing me off when, instead of celebrating a victory against all odds at national level, people were putting more energy into trying to prove the sexual assault. I'm not talking about Twitter nobodies either. Some of these people have real pull at top level (media, government etc.). WTF.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It seriously started pissing me off when, instead of celebrating a victory against all odds at national level, people were putting more energy into trying to prove the sexual assault. I'm not talking about Twitter nobodies either. Some of these people have real pull at top level (media, government etc.). WTF.
It's new puritanism.

Mind-capture by radical feminists. When women are going "oh fuck off" then we should be listening to what they say, rather than having prime ministers say "it's assault".

And, frankly, just because a woman is pissed off doesn't mean anything wrong happened. We don't lend this sort of over-sensitivity to men and boys. It's just a "women and children first" sexism and the "princessification" of women. Oh, she's unhappy? Lets change all of society to make sure that she can't be made unhappy again.

Edit: We've got a bit of something similar going on over here where none of the media organisations are providing balanced opposition to Rachel Riley's accusations that Man Utd are "gaslighting" women because they put out a statement that Mason Greenwood wasn't guilty of what he was originally accused of. Not that he was squeaky-clean, but that the charges brought were dropped for good reasons.

In Rachel's utopia people would be banned from partaking in public society (or holding jobs) just because unproven accusations have been made against them. We have to believe female accusers, rather than wait for due process and *gasp* - stick to the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
In Rachel's utopia people would be banned from partaking in public society (or holding jobs) just because unproven accusations have been made against them. We have to believe female accusers, rather than wait for due process and *gasp* - stick to the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

I don't get it, if he was proven innocent (that's how I understand it?) why is he being treated as though he's guilty?

The Mendy case makes more sense, his contract expired and wasn't renewed. City had moved on already in the left-back department.

To keep the thread on track, England seemed out of gas and from what I saw, peaked a bit too early against Australia?!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't get it, if he was proven innocent (that's how I understand it?) why is he being treated as though he's guilty?
It never went to court, but the fact that he wasn't prosecuted for anything isn't good enough in the court of public opinion.

People are pointing out that because it didn't go to court he was not proven innocent - which isnt supposed to be a thing, it's presumed innocent until proven guilty. But in the post me-too world the whiff of a man doing something untoward (despite the fact that there's a whiff of a woman potentially being not a totally innocent party (hence the withdrawal of accusation and "additional context") means the mob round on companies and to protect their reputation they move beyond "due process" to getting shot of people on the basis of, basically, innuendo.

It's not like Manchester United are going to turn around and go "fuck off Rachel, we're going to follow the rule of law. Innuendo is no way to run a civilised society. You're an advocate of mob rule. We fully support the legal process, the police, victims of crime. But we have to follow due process because the alternative - your alternative - is mob rule".

In this world companies are always going to avoid noise.

We could clear this up by legally mandating companies to follow due process when it comes to staff issues. That would give them a different shield to hide behind (and the mob would turn their guns on the government instead - but it's government's place to make the case for the rule of law, not companies).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

The Mendy case makes more sense, his contract expired and wasn't renewed. City had moved on already in the left-back department.

To keep the thread on track, England seemed out of gas and from what I saw, peaked a bit too early against Australia?!

Rule of mob. People I respected don't seem to have any problem with this either. I think when I saw Gary Neville (who wanted Greenwood out) saying "Manchester United shouldn't have been judge and jury on this, it should be an independent body", my irony meter exploded. We do have a judge and jury you fuckwit, it's called a judge and jury.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
In this world companies are always going to avoid noise.

We do have a judge and jury you fuckwit, it's called a judge and jury.

Just saw on our side that there's an emergency meeting being called by the Spanish FA to decide whether the current president should remain president.

The player he kissed has already said it was nothing but an emotional gesture between friends.

So one of the key components for us winning the World Cup (he bridged the gap between the players and the coach) is now more than likely going to be given the boot because of peer pressure.

The player hasn't commented since. She has been getting shitfaced since winning and deservedly so :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just saw on our side that there's an emergency meeting being called by the Spanish FA to decide whether the current president should remain president.

The player he kissed has already said it was nothing but an emotional gesture between friends.
She could put her head above the parapet and say something tbh. Like "this is ridiculous"...

...but she's a footballer, not an intellectual, so...

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
She could put her head above the parapet and say something tbh. Like "this is ridiculous"...

...but she's a footballer, not an intellectual, so...

She already did. She said something along the lines of "why are talking about irrelevant things? we fucking won the world cup!"

I guess it's not even the person involved who can decide for herself if she was sexually assaulted or not lol.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I guess it's not even the person involved who can decide for herself if she was sexually assaulted or not lol.
Precisely.
I know people in the States are outraged at the rollback of abortion rights saying that they're being denied control over their own bodies. In this case, she's being denied the right to say whether she was assaulted or not. Her lived reality is nullified by the hangover of some radical leftist feminist agenda that claims authority over women's bodies and what they're allowed to think.

I remember a number of high-profile of French women were stupefied during the me-too movement. They released this letter (hopefully google translate works):

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not sure if you guys have had the context reported on your end for the last year but the fact we got past the group stage let alone won the tournament has extra meaning.

- Last year after the Euros (eliminated by England in the quarters), the players complained about how the team was being managed. That it wasn't professional, preparation was poor, the harshness of the manager Jorge Vilda.

- Vilda had just renewed his contract until 2024 and he made public his intention to see it out. He had the backing of the Spanish FA and its president, Luis Rubiales (the kissing guy from the article).

- A vast majority of the team felt that with the current conditions (aka lack of improvement according to them) they wouldn't be able to win or come close to winning anything.

- The women's national team is no different to the men's in the sense that the usual group is comprised of Real Madrid players, Barcelona players then the rest except with the guys they seem to be able to drop club tags in favour of the flag during the international call-ups. With the women there's a lot more friction.

- Last September (early) during a press conference they quizzed Vilda and the captains about the perceived unhappiness in the camp and that apparently a lot of the players were considering quitting. Vilda said he had not received any indication that any of his players wanted to quit and the captains said that they would be trying to enforce change and improve the situation.

- 22 September. The Spanish FA receive official messages from 15 different players stating that the national team camp was affecting their emotional state and as a result, their health. This message was apparently "recommended" by their lawyers to send to the FA.

- The Spanish FA takes this as an "I don't want to play for my country anymore" while the 15 players stated that it was more of a "I don't want to play until things are improved. We have never quit the national team". I personally don't see the difference but hey. Of these 15, 6 were from Barcelona. Not really significant other than to show they weren't 15 nobodies. A few of them were given their debuts by Vilda as well as having worked with him at youth level.

- Other than the 15, there were 3 more players who indirectly supported the 15. Maybe 3 of the best players our women's team have ever had - Jenny Hermoso (the one the FA president kissed), Alexia Putellas balon d'or winner who was only just finishing recovery during the world cup and Irene Paredes, the female equivalent of Sergio Ramos.

- Fast forward a bit and World Cup is approaching, 8 of the 15 players send another official message to the FA saying they wish to be considered for selection again. 3 of them were taken and he left out 5 who were pretty much usual guaranteed starters. "Sporting decisions" apparently.

- This entire time, it was Jenny (kissed) who was managing the relationship between the squad and the FA via the president (kisser) so if they want to show a bit of emotion after the shit show of a year the women's team have produced well let them. We have the feminist movements here in Spain lobbying for him to be removed due to sexual assault. She even said it was a spontaneous, mutual act between 2 friends and refers to him as the one who has enabled the team to be together considering there's still tension between the squad and the manager which was clear to see as they didn't celebrate with him lol.

TLDR: 2 friends who have become closer friends considering the tension of recent events kiss each other and apparently it's assault. The squad still don't like the coach. We won the tournament without a lot of the usual first team players.

Also in Spain kissing isn't such a big thing compared to the UK. Maybe more of a cultural thing I suppose as Italy are similar.

Didn't one of them lose a relative during the final as well?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Didn't one of them lose a relative during the final as well?

Yep. Olga Carmona's dad passed on the Friday but the family made a decision not to say anything to her until after the final. She would not have played had the first choice left back not decide to send the message as part of the 15 players. Had she not played, she wouldn't have scored......

The butterfly effect here is insane.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom