News 300 people in intensive care with flu?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
there has certainly been (or seems to be) much more bad colds and bugs (no, not him) going about this year than usual. Everyone I know has come down with an especially nasty cold that has been doing the rounds and also there has been a wonderful 24hr sickness virus.

Am very lucky this year as I seem to have had all my illnesses etc at the beginning of december (ok, so that resulted in me missing a concert and sci fi convention I'd been looking forward to for ages but at least was over before xmas). My friend has been driving me nuts lately with pretty much every single sodding fb status update, text or conversation I have with her involving her going on about how ill she is, all the time lol!

Hope you all dodge this bout of illness; be well guys!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
there has certainly been (or seems to be) much more bad colds and bugs (no, not him) going about this year than usual. Everyone I know has come down with an especially nasty cold that has been doing the rounds and also there has been a wonderful 24hr sickness virus.

Am very lucky this year as I seem to have had all my illnesses etc at the beginning of december (ok, so that resulted in me missing a concert and sci fi convention I'd been looking forward to for ages but at least was over before xmas). My friend has been driving me nuts lately with pretty much every single sodding fb status update, text or conversation I have with her involving her going on about how ill she is, all the time lol!

Hope you all dodge this bout of illness; be well guys!

4 friends or family of friends have spent Christmas in hospital, none with swine flu though thankfully but there are alot of gastric bugs around at the moment that are wiping people out.

So far I have dodged them which is rare as I am usually cursed with bad luck this time of year, only had to cope with a long running head cold.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I am usually ill with flu or a very bad cold at christmas, i spent last christmas day and boxing day in bed.

I have always put it down to the fact that i work all year doing late nights and weekends, and then when i stop at chrimbo and my body just shuts down. Thankfully this year (so far) i have been fine

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I am usually ill with flu or a very bad cold at christmas, i spent last christmas day and boxing day in bed.

I have always put it down to the fact that i work all year doing late nights and weekends, and then when i stop at chrimbo and my body just shuts down. Thankfully this year (so far) i have been fine

Same bud, although in recent years it was down to taking alot of different meds as well and my immune system not being in great order. This month I have done nearly 200 hours so I am suprised it hasn't hit me, fingers crossed I can ride out the holidays.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

Funny right, that it seem to strike over the holidays. Of course i got a bad flu/cold now and laying in bed with constant heavy headache and confusion. Just managed to crawl out of bed to drink some water and post here. GG to those of you not ill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom