Politics 2024/25 General Election Voting Intention (2022)

Who do you currently intend to vote for in the next UK general election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • DUP

• Sinn Fein

• Plaid Cymru

• SDLP

• Green

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other

• Total voters

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Everyone loved BoJo before he got into power.

I don't know much about Rory apart from he's wildly popular. Which doesn't always bode well - because if you're a leader you sometimes have to push really un-popular shit.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Everyone loved BoJo before he got into power.

I don't know much about Rory apart from he's wildly popular. Which doesn't always bode well - because if you're a leader you sometimes have to push really un-popular shit.

I disagree, BoJo was way more popular than Rory Stewart ever was, but for completely different reasons, BoJo has no integrity and is a populist, Rory is the opposite, I'm more than confident that he will make difficult decisions, that's why I like him.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I feel like the 'decent' Tories should be jumping ship though, if they're true Tories (which Rory Stewart described) then they should make it absolutely clear that the current Government does not represent their views, if they wait until an election to suddenly jump ship, it shows that they're just opportunists and don't really have a shred of credibility.

Well, put it this way, they don't get on with Leadsom very well.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Rory Stewart has impressed me whenever I've seen him interviewed or read anything he's written. I think he is exactly right that politics needs to be about the centre-ground and compromise so let's see if Labour go through with PR if (when) they get elected.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Rory Stewart has impressed me whenever I've seen him interviewed or read anything he's written. I think he is exactly right that politics needs to be about the centre-ground and compromise so let's see if Labour go through with PR if (when) they get elected.
He's a good egg. There are a handful of podcasts for which I actively look out for new episodes every week and the one he does with Alastair Campbell (called The Rest is Politics) is one of them. I have no idea how it came about or how they came to make it but they work really well together.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If your local MP is Tory then vote for whoever came second last time. Seems a fairly safe bet to me.

Definitely voting Labour again this time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Rory Stewart is the only MP I think I've seen who's bullshitted live on radio/tv, realised he's bullshitted, and immediately apologised.

He's still a Conservative and therefore holds some dubious views, but he's at least intelligent.
Whilst I do love this - it reeks of 6th-form and University debating society - it's entertaining (and undoubtely intelligent) waffle. But meaningless and largely a waste of parliamentary time - because in 13 minutes and 13 seconds (I watched it all) he doesn't talk about the single most important thing about hedgehogs:

We have lost half to three quarters of our hedgehogs since 2000 alone. And some estimates say that 95% of our hedgehog population has been lost since 1970.

He's waffling on about national symbols, clearly pleased with himself (and having put real effort into that) - and yet he talks about nothing of real importance at all. That talk, whilst undoubtedly entertaining, is an example of his own hubris.

We need people in government who talk about the important things. Not people who like to mentally wank themselves off on camera.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Burnham will be PM one day. Used to absolutely detest him for no reason that I can think of except he looks like a smug little prick, but he seems to be a rare politician that doesn't talk absolute horse shit 90% of the time for the sake of listening to their own voice.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Burnham's backtracking over the GM CAZ is disappointing though. Rather than say "we're delaying this because it's really hard to get a compliant van right now", he just blamed the government and said "not up to me mate".

It's only a tiny minority who were whinging about it but he lost his nerve there.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Whilst I do love this - it reeks of 6th-form and University debating society - it's entertaining (and undoubtely intelligent) waffle. But meaningless and largely a waste of parliamentary time - because in 13 minutes and 13 seconds (I watched it all) he doesn't talk about the single most important thing about hedgehogs:

We have lost half to three quarters of our hedgehogs since 2000 alone. And some estimates say that 95% of our hedgehog population has been lost since 1970.

He's waffling on about national symbols, clearly pleased with himself (and having put real effort into that) - and yet he talks about nothing of real importance at all. That talk, whilst undoubtedly entertaining, is an example of his own hubris.

We need people in government who talk about the important things. Not people who like to mentally wank themselves off on camera.

I'm not sure of the context of that debate, what it was about, etc. But it's a good speech and I just used it to highlight the difference between him and most other Conservative MPs. I know there was a debate about hedgehogs last year.

BTW, snail pellets are illegal in the UK now. So there's a bit of progress. But I think all local councils need a kick up the arse to end these practices:

FYXtgirX0AM08zH.jpg

That kind of shit is a big barrier to wildlife. Those should all be hedges. They're not for security (they're easier than hedges for burglars to get over), they're for privacy. A good hedge can be just as private.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure of the context of that debate, what it was about, etc. But it's a good speech and I just used it to highlight the difference between him and most other Conservative MPs.
Bojo was great at that stuff.

He voluntarily indulged. For me it's an example of parliament not being practical and obsessive in the pursuit of bettering people's lives.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not sure of the context of that debate, what it was about, etc. But it's a good speech and I just used it to highlight the difference between him and most other Conservative MPs. I know there was a debate about hedgehogs last year.

BTW, snail pellets are illegal in the UK now. So there's a bit of progress. But I think all local councils need a kick up the arse to end these practices:

View attachment 46978

That kind of shit is a big barrier to wildlife. Those should all be hedges. They're not for security (they're easier than hedges for burglars to get over), they're for privacy. A good hedge can be just as private.

If a new build is going on a site near hedgehogs the developer has to build hedgehog holes for them to move around still. However there is nothing stopping the owner blocking it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What to the tories have to do to get less than 20+% of the vote?

Does the whole of their side of the house of commons have to get filmed tearing through the streets raping people?

I still bet 15% of the UK would vote for them even then.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At this point you might as well vote Tory.

Labour are almost indistinguishable from them and they come with a lot of "we will make it illegal to think differently" bollocks.

Green all the way for me. They'll never get in, but at least the green vote shows I care about something.

Gray

FH is my second home
Guess this is a week Rishi won't want reminding of for a very long time

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He doesn't give the remotest shit, it changes nothing.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Fuck me not much choice for us over here on the centre right is there?

Tories - really don't deserve another vote after causing the Cost of Lockdown crisis.
Reform - seems like a protest vote, too closely linked to Farage
Labour - will be the current Government with added authoritarianism, more pronouns and some bonus winter blackouts when the wind isn't blowing
Lib Dems - straight back into the EU with bonus pronouns and winter blackouts
Greens - lol. They can get in the bin frankly.

Monster Raving Loony Party about by any chance?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Voting Labour.

Labour - Full of woke nutters but still the lesser of the two evils as far as main parties go.

Conservative - Can fuck off. Another decade+ of the Tories and we might as well just start shipping people off to death camps because they don't give two flying fucks about the most vulnerable of society.

Reform - Can also fuck off. They have no chance of winning but if the immigration/boats don't get figured out I can see them gaining more and more traction year over year, why? because all right wing parties are across Europe.

Greens - Will never ever ever ever come to power so why waste the vote.

Lib Dems - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Greens - Will never ever ever ever come to power so why waste the vote
Because it shows the two parties that can come to power that we really do give a shit*.

*but we don't.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What @Bodhi said:
Labour - will be the current Government with added authoritarianism, more pronouns and some bonus winter blackouts when the wind isn't blowing
Apart from there won't be any winter blackouts because Starmer ain't fulfilling any of his promises - least of all the green pledges (that was supposed to be profit making investment - so if it's profit making, it makes sense to spend it).

But the rest? Just Tories with added thought-crime? Yep. Less competent Tories.

Vote green. Send the only message worth sending.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I get all that, but another Tory government really would be a disaster, existential.

Tories out, at all costs, then we can have a look at the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom