News War with Russia

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And we went through that and you took Russias word. Now drones were shot down around another you take Russias word again.
I didn't "take Russia's word". I made my own mind up because if Russia wanted to blow up nuclear infrastructure that they owned they'd walk over and do it, not shell it.

It's ridiculous to think Russia did it. There's literally no angle that works in their favour.

Same with the pipeline. It was fucking stupid to think Russia would blow it up when they could simply turn off the tap

But no. People wanted to blame Russia, so they did flips and twists. And look how that turned out.

Zelensky's just shit talking. Which is understandable - he's at war. But I don't believe him. It makes no sense.

And it looks like neither do the majority of news organisations. Even the ones with special pages dedicated to the war aren't carrying it. But if they thought was actually attacking a nuclear power station they'd rightly splash it over their front pages in bright lights. It'd be bigger news than ongoing Israeli war crime.

It's fake news m8. :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I didn't "take Russia's word". I made my own mind up because if Russia wanted to blow up nuclear infrastructure that they owned they'd walk over and do it, not shell it.

It's ridiculous to think Russia did it. There's literally no angle that works in their favour.

Same with the pipeline. It was fucking stupid to think Russia would blow it up when they could simply turn off the tap

But no. People wanted to blame Russia, so they did flips and twists. And look how that turned out.

Zelensky's just shit talking. Which is understandable - he's at war. But I don't believe him. It makes no sense.

And it looks like neither do the majority of news organisations. Even the ones with special pages dedicated to the war aren't carrying it. But if they thought was actually attacking a nuclear power station they'd rightly splash it over their front pages in bright lights. It'd be bigger news than ongoing Israeli war crime.

It's fake news m8. :)
The drones were shot down but still damaged buildings in the plant. You'd call that crazy reckless if Ukraine did that.

And we went through the ZNPP. Ukraine did shell Russian positions near the plant, but not near the reactor, but the ones everyone was worried about came from the other direction. A cable was destroyed cutting off power to parts of Ukraine but Russia has no interest in doing that. Sure.

Russia routinely targets Ukraine's energy infrastructure.

Ukraine does not want to blow up it's own nuclear plants in it's own country. That is the daftest theory.

Do you doubt Russia blew up the dam too? I mean if Zelensky just talks shit and Russia would never damage anything it controls then that it can't have been Russia can it?

Anyway - huge damage across that area even though the drones were shot down:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
"Over the last week and Monday, August 21, Russian occupiers periodically carried out shelling near the site of Zaporizhia nuclear power plant (NPP) and the town of Enerhodar, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Rafael Mariano Grossi has said in a statement on Tuesday."

And:

But Russia's not daft and would never risk anything at a nuclear power plant. It's just not in their nature.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Are you wilfully ignoring the point I clealy keep making that Russia isn't bombing actual nuclear power plants.

@Deebs laughed at my use of the word as I used it lots of times to say bombing the actual power plant - not just near it.

You can post as many pointless articles about stuff going on near power plants as you like but Russia isn't deliberately targetting actual nuclear plants. Geddit?

That's the only point I'm making. In response to you stating that they're attacking power plants. Which they're not.

Now. Are they doing all of the other shit you mention? Cutting off power? Flooding areas? Seems likely to me. Do I think they're stupid and irresponsible? I don't know how many times I have to explicitly say exactly that before whatever blind spot you have in your brain remembers that I've repeatedly said it.

But they're not attacking nuclear power plants, like you've asserted.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They were intercepted.

When Ukraine was accused of shelling the area around a nuclear power plant you went ballistic. When Russia is accused it's a big old meh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They were intercepted.

When Ukraine was accused of shelling the area around a nuclear power plant you went ballistic. When Russia is accused it's a big old meh.
No, no I didn't. Stop making the argument about something I didn't do or say.

Ukraine was accused of directly attacking the plant. Not the area around it. Hitting a spent nuclear fuel pool, a nuclear storage facility and attacking the fucking plant itself.

Yes, it's stupid to attack around any nuclear power plant. The whole endeavour is fucking ridiculous. That's far from a "big old meh". But the nuclear plant isn't the target, end of. It's likely the targets are the towns that are between 5 and 20k from the plant. It seems reasonable (and was covered in one of the links) that the drones got shot down by the Ukrainians and the debris from that action fell at the plant. And Ukraine, what you gonna do? Of course you're going to shoot down the drones. Of course the whole thing shouldn't be happening. Of course it's fucking ridiculous.

But Zelensky is still talking shit. Russia isn't "attacking the nuclear power station" like you asserted.

The problem here is you're so partisan in your views that if someone isn't raging and frothing against Russia, and wants to point out something factual (like Zelensky is talking shit on this point) that you somehow equate that with condoning Russian actions. Which I'm not and never have - and explicitly and repeatedly have condemned.

But that doesn't appear good enough for you. Ukraine have to be whiter than white (they're absolutely not). Russia are dogs (they are for starting this whole thing). The West bears no responsibility at all (it does). But Russia isn't trying to blow up nuclear power plants. Or they'd just fucking do it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I mean, just as one example:

Did you forget we had a long discussion about this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Did you forget we had a long discussion about this.
Yep. They shelled the shit out of the area around the plant. The dickheads. They disconnected the plant from the local area by removing substations etc.

However, they didn't shell the fucking spent fuel pool or the nuclear storage facilities whilst they were there. It's just a crock of shit - like you insisted that Russia was responsible for bombing the undersea pipeline that they could easily disable by turning off a tap.

Duh. Yeah. Like that was ever going to be Russia.

If Russia wanted to blow up nuclear power plants, they would just do it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
However, they didn't shell the fucking spent fuel pool or the nuclear storage facilities whilst they were there. It's just a crock of shit - like you insisted that Russia was responsible for bombing the undersea pipeline that they could easily disable by turning off a tap.
The forums are too slow to search today (cough @Deebs) so I can't gather evidence but I don't remember insisting it must have been Russia. They would have had reason to since NS1 was killed but NS2 was not. I do remember laughing at Seymour Hersh's easily debunked bollocks about it being the US and Norway. I seem to remember thinking it was quite good when some evidence pointed towards Ukraine maybe having done it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The forums are too slow to search today (cough @Deebs) so I can't gather evidence but I don't remember insisting it must have been Russia. They would have had reason to since NS1 was killed but NS2 was not. I do remember laughing at Seymour Hersh's easily debunked bollocks about it being the US and Norway. I seem to remember thinking it was quite good when some evidence pointed towards Ukraine maybe having done it.
Yeh it has been slow @Wij. Am attempting to sort out my kit into a tidy "rack" but fingers are on fire and I am having trouble walking/standing so it is taking longer than I want :(

Also I cannot fucking kneel due to the pain in the legs so keep bending over and then get light headed so at the moment am watching "Witness" from 400 years ago.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They would have had reason to since NS1 was killed but NS2 was not
They have a tap. What possible reason could they have if they can turn the gas off? It's nonsensical to have them in the mix.

If Russia doesn't want to sell gas to us then they don't have to blow up their lines not to do it.

BTW - the EU is buying shitloads of LNG off them. More than half of Russia's production and up 40% on before the war. So the gas pipeline is not being used but we're shipping it in like there's no tomorrow - with no sanctions on that.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They have a tap. What possible reason could they have if they can turn the gas off? It's nonsensical to have them in the mix.

If Russia doesn't want to sell gas to us then they don't have to blow up their lines not to do it.

BTW - the EU is buying shitloads of LNG off them. More than half of Russia's production and up 40% on before the war. So the gas pipeline is not being used but we're shipping it in like there's no tomorrow - with no sanctions on that.
As I said, Europe had decided to no longer start using NS2 but were continuing to use NS1, which pissed off Putin. Then NS1 is taken out but NS2 isn't, what you gonna do now Europe?

Switching off the tap implies breach of contract. It blowing up for mysterious reasons does not. As good a reason as any.

I never insisted that must be the explanation though as far as I can remember but you seem to have it in your mind that I did. All I remember is pouring scorn on the US/Norway theory as espoused by Hersh through his mystery sources that made easily debunked claims about the details.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And yes, LNG up because pipeline down and no EU sanctions. It's a partial replacement of the pipeline supply.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeh it has been slow @Wij. Am attempting to sort out my kit into a tidy "rack" but fingers are on fire and I am having trouble walking/standing so it is taking longer than I want :(

Also I cannot fucking kneel due to the pain in the legs so keep bending over and then get light headed so at the moment am watching "Witness" from 400 years ago.
:fluffle:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well good news is that the new "rack" is now in place and 3 of the NAS are up and running, just gotta connect 3 ESXi hosts and I can then relax but to be honest just doing the NAS hurt me as I had to kneel. So chuffed as it looks so much tidier and better.

Just need my Dad/Son to help tidy up the power leads, couldn't do that as too much pain but still FH towers is nearly finished with its makeover, next task is to persuade brother or Dad to build me some form of rack for my two Dell servers.....

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well good news is that the new "rack" is now in place and 3 of the NAS are up and running, just gotta connect 3 ESXi hosts and I can then relax but to be honest just doing the NAS hurt me as I had to kneel. So chuffed as it looks so much tidier and better.

Just need my Dad/Son to help tidy up the power leads, couldn't do that as too much pain but still FH towers is nearly finished with its makeover, next task is to persuade brother or Dad to build me some form of rack for my two Dell servers.....
:wij:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Isn't that a rule for when it comes to joining NATO? Not sure if EU has that as well..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I suspect we'll let Russia keep some of the land it's captured and guarantee no NATO membership of Ukraine.

But it'll be interesting if it joins the EU before Turkey.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can Ukraine even join while at war?
Ah, well that's the devil in the detail of that "90%". There's actually nothing in the Copenhagen Criteria about wars, but there is a section that says you have to have a "functioning market economy and the capacity to cope with competition and market forces in the EU". I think it would be a major stretch to say Ukraine has a functioning market economy right now. It has the institutions of one, but they don't work too well under fire.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I suspect we'll let Russia keep some of the land it's captured and guarantee no NATO membership of Ukraine.

But it'll be interesting if it joins the EU before Turkey.

I think the "no NATO" ship has sailed for Russia. There's zero appetite to give Russia any of their objectives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom