Rings of Power (Spoilers inside)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I agree. Along with Rogue One, which is no coincidence.
I don't understand why Disney fucked over their own IP - they didn't need to revisit the luke/leia family drama

All the interesting stuff is the wider universe, but the shit they dumped directly into my mouth was so putrid I'm suffering PSD and I fear I've been put off Star Wars for life.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't really follow all the drama, so what's the story there?

Andor is effectively a prequel to Rogue One (a preprequel?) and there are a number of characters (other than Andor himself) who are in both, and just like Rogue One it plays down the Force stuff and it adds lots of texture, especially about the Empire, but the main thing I like about it is that it's the first Star Wars show I've seen that doesn't feel the need to have a giant battle every 15 minutes. Which of course a lot of people hate...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's doing a reasonable job of showing why the rebellion started, but it hasn't really touched on if there was wider support for it. I'm hoping we might see some of that in the second season. I'm very much enjoying it though as it delves into stuff we haven't seen before.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I agree Andor is very good. Definitely feels like old style Star Wars which is great.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Old SW was cheesy AF, with little backstory, or need for it. It made money, especially with the big investment, shit films, the prequels and the after trilogies. That's why Disney bought it, now they are just flushing out their IP for $$. They can write what they like and say it's Star Wars and people will pay to watch it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If you have 2 hours to waste this is worth watching (as well as his 1st review on this) and describes how poor the show writing really is:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYgcSEW6nPc

If not then just watch from the 10 min mark about diversity.
He makes some very good points and would have worked but instead the writers went another route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom