1.90b theurgist nerf

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
But shrooms are still stronger in many cases, so theurg pets should come in higher numbers. Also differencens in other spells, a main pet, etc... makes them very very different.

Certainly, shrooms is a better tool for some situations compared to a theugist. Forinstance if you are doing PL where a high number of red/purple mobs is prefered over a single high level mob, obviously.
But for the real high end encounters with a single really high level mob, the theurgist is preferable. Especially if said high level mob spawns lesser adds. The fact that the shrooms will change targets to the lesser adds will only lessen the to-hit bonus on the main mob, thus prolonging the fight. That's where the theurgists ability to focus on the high level mob really shines.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Haven't tried the new dragons yet, but many people on VN says it is too hard even with 40. good to hear they are doable with good tactics.

Apoc: The problem is in apoc room

Legion: agreed

Relic temple: Strong fg and semi opted fg is different here :)

Trick with dragon is to get someone to suicide on it first :p then wait until he/she calls the other 2 (does this regardless of a person dying) then have someone outside of grp to pull the other 2 one at a time :p they don't add when you single pull them.. then its just a matter of clearing those then dealing with the main dragon (pending which realm its easy-challenge) personally gjapinulva is the hardest main dragon by far (But she goes down like a sack of shit to 4x COTS, talking literally less than 30 seconds to drop gjapinulva with 4x cots and 2-3 pbaoers *Pbaoers must be using focal mythrials however to maximize spell damage vs dragons*), the other 2 are quite simple.

Edit: the reason gjapinulva is a little harder than the other 2 is because of the draks around her lair... some of which have a nasty habbit of mezzing/nuking which could screw up your healing big time.

Edit: Golestadt is a straight forward fight he's not hard at all (easiest out of the 3 by far, surprise surprise)

Edit: Cuuldurach is only hard if you don't drop him fast before he calls to many adds in

*note* when i say the dragons are do-able with a fg this is basing it off Gaheris (mixture of classes) not accessable to all realms.. i still think it would be doable with strong groups on live servers however, just wouldnt be as fast.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I really don't understand what is the problem with Gaheris tbh, never played there, but even with theurgh "nerf" (lol??!?!?!) you still have acess to OP valks, thanes and even animists...

Apart legion, and i'm pretty sure, with 2 opted fg's you should be able to do it in any realm, all the others encounters can be done with a max of 8-15 people, at least on regular servers, classic included.

Pet spam is not anymore needed for Pve purposes, and since you playing in gaheris you should apreciate that they increased the challenge in PvE with this nerf ~~

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Arguing about the nerf to SI encounters (sidi) on the PvE servers is rather silly.

Before TOA (When SI was actually balanced) then theurgs probably could put out less pets than they can these days. No FOP or powerpool items mean't you certainly wern't spamming hundreds of the beasts back then.
There's also no loot actually worth having from them these days either, so surely the bigger the challenge the better if your only doing it for fun?

With ML9 focus pets and access to chars from every realm I don't see any PvE encounter in the game being even slightly taxing, given everything can be done on a classic server without all the TOA extra's.

Everything that isn't Albion specific can certainly be done without theurgs, so no problems there either.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Everything that isn't Albion specific can certainly be done without theurgs, so no problems there either.

I think its a case of people are so lazy in the game nowadays they whine when any challenge is put back into the game.

Hence why TOA has gone way past challenging and realm levels are easier with the RP patch

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
oh trust me the people from gaheris whine about alot of things.. if its not easy they arent interested basicly which i also thought was quite stupid for a pve server.. thats all they got going for them it might aswell be hard :/ the main people whining gaheris are the multi loggers (people that literally have 6 accounts to log in by themselves) thats how they get high rr so fast :/ not buying seals from the net but they can actually farm keeps and earn 190-250 seals per hour (roughly 1 million RP per hour) its those people that whine... the rest are pretty laid back about it :/ but then again the multi loggers are all clueless noobs anyway so.

the funny thing is you don't actually need theurgs to do keeps there :/ you can get an item called "Horn of Agramon" when you use the charge it allows you to hit keep doors for uncapped damage (was hitting a keep door for 200-400 damage with my rr6 paladin)

Edit: on a side note we actually had someone from gollum girls on a sidi raid the other day lol :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
More challenge is good change :) But it doesn't change the fact they got nerfed.

Most of the encounters are almost too easy with or without the nerf. Before making everything easy, daoc had the best raid content, now it is mostly easy. While I hoped that claims about encounters that still done with more than an fg is true, looks like it isn't needed.

But it doesn't change anything: nerf made PVE harder. To be honest I am happy to see nerf, but theurgs, etc. can be unhappy.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think its a case of people are so lazy in the game nowadays they whine when any challenge is put back into the game.

Hence why TOA has gone way past challenging and realm levels are easier with the RP patch

wasent the ToA changes made because less and less ppl were doing the trials? meaning that anyone that DID need them would almost never get enough ppl for it.

you can still find challenges in ToA. all you have to do is ditch the buffbots and run a proper group.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES
Healer
- Healer's RR5 ability "Sputin's Legacy" Has been changed. Before, you would fire the buff and it would grant you the ability to self ressurect if you died while the buff was active. It has been changed to allow the user to cheat death instead. Now, you fire the buff, and if you take enough damage to die while the buff is active, it will give you a heal for a random amount and you will not die.

Not bad :) Anyone know for how long the buff will stay active and if it can be activated while stunned/mezzed?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
you can still find challenges in ToA. all you have to do is ditch the buffbots and run a proper group.

If you were a great snooker player what would you rather have.. another good snooker player to play against, or a crap snooker player you had to play 1-handed against?

While you can make anything challenging by imposing endless rules upon it, it's much more fun if it's challenging after you've thrown everything you have at it.
I've also yet to find anything in TOA harder if you replace your buffbots with playing none AFK clerics! Or is a proper group one made up of only the 50% worst PvE classes in the game?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If you were a great snooker player what would you rather have.. another good snooker player to play against, or a crap snooker player you had to play 1-handed against?

While you can make anything challenging by imposing endless rules upon it, it's much more fun if it's challenging after you've thrown everything you have at it.
I've also yet to find anything in TOA harder if you replace your buffbots with playing none AFK clerics! Or is a proper group one made up of only the 50% worst PvE classes in the game?

Agreed.

I play games to be challenge. When sometime becomes too easy, you quit.

I paid my subs for GOA to come up with challenge, why should I pay subs then make it harder for myself to play? Like Golena says, would you play 1-handed as its a challenge. Not really

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
why would u want harder pve on dyvet, christ on mid atm its gettin so hard to even get people to come to raids anyway and help out that we need it easier lol...

As for the therg nerf.. tis a bit lol isnt it.. not nearly enuf cap on the pets , but hey its albion so what dod u expect.

(theyl nerf bd down to 1 pet next i reckon :) )

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
why would u want harder pve on dyvet

We were discussing PvE challenges on a PvE only server.
On Dyvet then PvE is mostly something people do simply to be ready for RvR so making it easier isn't really an issue. After the coming patches then doing any ToA stuff is either very easy or pointless anyway so no worry really.

The theurg nerf doesn't really effect the ability to actually complete stuff on almost every encounter anyway. It just means it's going to take slightly longer.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

so what you are saying is that they should make the game challenging for everyone with buffbots and opted FG's and totally impossible for everyone else?

for things to be challenging for ppl that use opted FG's with buffbots they need to make the encounters be legion/dragon/apoc hard. and thats just fucking silly.

as much as u seem to like the idea but this game does NOT only cater for ppl with buffbots. quite the contrary. if u want challenge, play the game without buffbots as was intended. your cheating YOURSELF from the challenge by having one u know. and before you say it, NO buffbots is NOT supposed to be "part of the game", Mythic just cant do anything about it anymore without losing to many subs. but they sure as hell isn't going to look at making buffbots much more "must have" then they already are.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Agreed.

I play games to be challenge. When sometime becomes too easy, you quit.

I paid my subs for GOA to come up with challenge, why should I pay subs then make it harder for myself to play? Like Golena says, would you play 1-handed as its a challenge. Not really

i don't have a buffbot, because unlike you, i DO want challenges. so by your standard i AM playing one handed.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

There's a fair bit of truth in that. One of the things that was on the rise when I quit (and is now the norm) is the powerlevelling thing - breeding cap level chars for minimum effort in as short a time as possible. People also seem to treat the PvE encounters in the same way.

I shudder to think what a lot of DAoC players would make of the tougher encounters in WoW as they do actually require some decent coordination - beyond most encounters in DAoC. Many DAoC encounters just need a few key players being at their keyboard while a large number of people leech their efforts paying little attention to what is going on and waiting to be fed their MLs or whatever at the end.

I believe in game content being accessable to all who play, not just the 'l33t' who spend 24/7 immersed in their game of choice, but I don't think it should be completable by those that don't want to even try.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
i don't have a buffbot, because unlike you, i DO want challenges. so by your standard i AM playing one handed.

In return you spend quite alot of time whining about buffbots.

One starts to think that it's because you realize that even with a buffbot you wouldn't measure up anyways.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Not bad :) Anyone know for how long the buff will stay active and if it can be activated while stunned/mezzed?

Unfortunately it's just a single heal you get out of this. Test seems to indicate it's a heal between 500-800 (like a greater heal) - that is affected by disease.

I don't see anything "nice" about this ability. If it repeatedly procced for a set duration it would be cool. But this is just rubbish really.

I doubt any assist team (or the healer himself) would even notice the healer used this ability

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I believe in game content being accessable to all who play, not just the 'l33t' who spend 24/7 immersed in their game of choice, but I don't think it should be completable by those that don't want to even try.
The problem is once you done most pve encounters, say 2-3 times tops, they are nothing but a grind. I do enjoy em first time around and figuring how to do em, but after that they just something to 'get out the way'. If that means moronically zerging em, ml9ing or vapourising boss mobs with shrooms then so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom