Fledgling Freddie
===================================
Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.90b Release Notes
Class and Spell Changes
July 19, 2007
===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- The /advice command has been removed from the /appeal menu.
- Left-clicking on a keep or tower will now display which realm owns the keep and the level of the structure.
- Focused spells (such as the Heretic's "Torrential Blaze") no longer trigger a weapon-delay-based recast timer. i.e., casting a new spell while focusing another will still end your focus, but will also start casting the new spell (rather than saying "You must wait 3 seconds to cast a spell!").
- Hastener speed has been reduced in value to match speed chants from secondary speed classes in each realm. The two values should now be equivalent.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES
Healer
- Healer's RR5 ability "Sputin's Legacy" Has been changed. Before, you would fire the buff and it would grant you the ability to self ressurect if you died while the buff was active. It has been changed to allow the user to cheat death instead. Now, you fire the buff, and if you take enough damage to die while the buff is active, it will give you a heal for a random amount and you will not die.

Mentalist
- A new Direct Damage (DD) line of spells has been added to the Mentalist's Mentalism baseline.
Level Name Effect Damage Type
3 Lesser Phantom Pain 11 Energy
7 Phantom Pain 25 Energy
10 Greater Phantom Pain 36 Energy
14 Lesser Phantom Abrasion 50 Energy
19 Phantom Abrasion 68 Energy
24 Greater Phantom Abrasion 86 Energy
29 Lesser Phantom Injury 104 Energy
34 Phantom Injury 122 Energy
40 Greater Phantom Injury 143 Energy
45 Phantom Disfigurement 161 Energy
50 Phantom Mutilation 179 Energy

Theurgist
- Theurgists have had a cap placed on the total number of pets they can have out at a time. A theurgist is now only allowed 16 active pets, of any type, at a time.
- The physical size of many theurgist elementals have been reduced to alleviate some targetting issues that the large elementals cause.
- Two new spell lines have been added to the Theurgist's Earth specline, a single target Direct Damage (DD) and an Area-Effect Direct Damage (AEDD). These are as follows:
Area Effect DD Line:
6 Lesser Sand Flurry 19 Matter
11 Sand Flurry 35 Matter
16 Greater Sand Flurry 51 Matter
22 Lesser Gust of Sand 70 Matter
27 Gust of Sand 85 Matter
31 Greater Gust of Sand 98 Matter
36 Blast of Sand 114 Matter
42 Tempest of Sand 133 Matter
50 Hurricane of Sand 158 Matter

Single Target DD Line:
5 Rough Pebbles 18 Matter
10 Scratching Pebbles 36 Matter
15 Scuffing Pebbles 54 Matter
19 Scraping Rocks 68 Matter
25 Wearing Rocks 90 Matter
30 Erosive Rocks 107 Matter
34 Abrasive Boulders 122 Matter
41 Grinding Boulders 147 Matter
49 Demolishing Boulders 179 Matter

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES
Albion Monsters
- The trophy monster, Windchaser Naihera, has an increased chance to spawn.

Item Notes
- The Soot Covered Vest drops are now to set to allow the proper dye type for them.

Himse

FH is my second home
How fucking useless, tbh, 16 pets isnt enough.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
its just the same as that of the animist IE main pet + 15 sub pets all they done is they given the theug 16 pets to play with.

True they can still lock down a group but at least now they cant rip doors to bits as quickly.

Although i can understand why they gave earth theugs some form of dd however i dont think they should have gotten another form of AOE.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
They should've made it RvR only, its a big nerf for pve encounters otherwise :(

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, and imho even AOE is a minor compensation for it.
But well... after animist nerf we had to expect this. But this means we will need more people for some raids :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Imagine mid pve raids.. No pet spam at all :(
If I remember a mid class that doesn't have pet spam but have an ability to increase the number of attackers like pet spam.

Some encounters, even as old as monsters in Caer Sidi are very hard to damage unless you have very high number of attackers, recently on a raid, I was able to hit only (with spells) after the pet spam from theurgist had about 20 pets on bosses. And decent damage came a bit later.

I think it is the main motive for pet spam, and while the direct dps changes from pet spam classes are understandable, some encounters are working best with pet spams, and some mid classes have significant advantage here.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
hardly a theurg nerf...
another aoe caster in high pop servers it will b a blast
imo lots of air theurgs will respec to leech mode

uron

Loyal Freddie
nerf? more like love. unless its zerg rvr u dont see many thurgs getting off 16+ pets anyway before they start dieing..so now the have AOE dd's and a new DD. PVE is now gunna be same as hib with the shroom nerf.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Can't really see the point in mentalism dd. Can already take it as high practically useful and still use baseline light (42menta, 33light as about the limit you'd take menta). They'll go nuts on ment forums, haha, if that's what they been waiting for.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
For PvE, add an extra theurg to the raid, for RvR, you rarely need more than 16 pets. And vs the tough enemy groups, the ammount of pets won't get that high before they get killed. Not that big of a change imo. Could be fun to try out the earth AE nuke, but for anyone who's got a wizard it's nothing new.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
16 thug pets, thats still enough to lock down a fullgroup.

I was expecting 5-7, like the Animist pets

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Well most theurgists I asked (on Gaheris) says it is a big nerf. And I can see why. Theurgists are needed for pet spam :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
AE nukes are utterly useless.. Only good if you are in a zerg, so I can't see what the big hype is all about tbh? Not like it's a real killer.. Even if you lock down a fg with the perfect mezz and start AE nuking them, they will split as soon as the first nuke lands and you will be doing shit dmg, and you just helped the other grp getting out of the mezz and you will stand there looking like a noob

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
AE nukes are utterly useless.. Only good if you are in a zerg, so I can't see what the big hype is all about tbh? Not like it's a real killer.. Even if you lock down a fg with the perfect mezz and start AE nuking them, they will split as soon as the first nuke lands and you will be doing shit dmg, and you just helped the other grp getting out of the mezz and you will stand there looking like a noob

An ae nuke for albs to kill zo´arkat pets will be very useful in fg rvr.

aika

Can't get enough of FH

You're wrong mater! When you charge from Oriens bridge with your fellow 30 albs to hunt down the remains of a hib 4 man grp, you now will get 20 rp from each of the 4 members, instead of getting 20 rp just from one that you managed to single-target nuke once, thus quadrupling your RP income!

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
As someone else has suggested, I suspect most Air Theurgists will now respec to Earth. The Lvl 49 spec single target DD will replace the current 45 Air nuke, and as Matter is still one of the most gimped resists they'll hit just as hard if not harder. Additionally, as the new nuke is Lvl 49 they'll hardly ever get resists so they can get rid of MoF I or MoF II if they have that freeing up RA points for other things. You'll also have a lot of Theurgists running about solo now with the best PBT up all the time so that'll make them a lot harder to deal with.

The new AOE DD is just a nice addition for leeching as others have suggested.

All in all, positive changes IMHO :)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
The only way that change can be called a nerf is for some classic/df/laby encounters, since Toa gonna been nerfed on 1.89, so no need of petspam like before or hundreds of shrooms.

So i'ts not a nerf, it's fucking theurg love...

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
As someone else has suggested, I suspect most Air Theurgists will now respec to Earth. The Lvl 49 spec single target DD will replace the current 45 Air nuke, and as Matter is still one of the most gimped resists they'll hit just as hard if not harder.

spirit is just as gimped a resist as matter in my experience, and the spec dd will hit a lot harder.

this is a pve nerf, not an rvr one if you ask me (yes i consider keeptaking pve)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom