1.109 - HOLY SLAM NERf

Everz

FH is my second home
Highlights

* Players who fall through the floor/ground in RvR enabled zones will now take normal falling damage when they hit the ground, potentially killing them. PvE/RvR Death penalties apply and RPs will be awarded normally.
* In light of recent events in Japan we will be turning off all house rent.
* A new Quest completion icon has been added to the quest system. Any NPC having a quest you can complete with him will now display a blue knot above his head.
* All players who are wielding two weapons will now reduce their target’s chance to block or evade by 25%.
* Slam – the stun duration has been reduced to 5 seconds for all classes except for Heroes, Armsmen, and Warriors.
* Quest rewards that you cannot use are now shaded red. Your selected item is now shaded a dark yellow. (UI Modifiers see engineering note below.)

Class Balance
Balance Changes

* All players who are wielding two weapons will now reduce their target’s chance to block or evade by 25%.
* All classes will now receive their final armor and shield proficiencies at level 1. Additionally, all classes will be able to use all weapons that their class can use at level 1, and will be granted access to all specialization lines at level 1. This change has affected the following classes, which have had all skill points refunded:
o Albion: Armsman, Cleric, Friar, Infiltrator, Mercenary, Minstrel, Paladin, Reaver, Scout.
o Midgard: Healer, Hunter, Shaman, Skald, Thane, Valkyrie, Warrior.
o Hibernia: Bard, Blademaster, Champion, Druid, Hero, Nightshade, Ranger, Warden.
* Caltrops – This ability, granted to Infiltrators, Nightshades, and Shadowblades, will now affect all enemy realm targets, and not just characters that are mounted.
* Vanish – This ability will now also silence the user for 15 seconds when used.
* Slam – the stun duration has been reduced to 5 seconds for all classes except for Heroes, Armsmen, and Warriors.

Bug Fixes

* Albion Baseline Strength Concentration-based buffs and all Specialization Armor Factor Concentration-based buffs have been correctly set to not be overwritten by another player’s buffs.
* Multi-attacks will no longer spam multi-attack event messages when you're unable to attack your target. Also, double-attack messages have been removed and triple-attack and quad-attack messages have been moved to the end of the series of attacks
* Armsmen will now see tooltips for their two handed line.

Bard
Balance Changes

* Dreamweaver – This ability will now also grant the bard a reactive snare proc. This snare proc will have a 20% proc rate and will apply a 40% snare that will last 15 seconds. This snare will not leave immunity. The reactive proc will be removed if Dreamweaver is removed.

Infiltrator
Balance Changes

* Overwhelm – The percentage value on this ability has been increased from 10% to 15%.

Nightshade
Balance Changes

* Shadow Shroud – The percentage value on this ability has been reduced from 25% to 15%, and the recast timer has been decreased from 10:00 to 5:00.

Savage
Balance Changes

* The Savage RR5 Frenzied Assault has been removed.
* A new Realm Rank 5 ability has been added to the Savage class. This ability, called Fueled by Rage, will reduce all damage that the Savage takes for the next 30 seconds by 20%. Additionally, half of the damage that this ability reduces will be returned to the Savage as healing. This ability will be usable every 10:00.

Shadowblade
Balance Changes

* Blooddrinking – The percentage value on this ability has been reduced from 25% to 15%.

Skald
Balance Changes

* The Skald RR5 Epiphany has been removed.
* A new RR5 has been added to the Skald Class. This ability, called Voice of Skadi, will render the Skald immue to crowd control effects for 30 seconds. This ability will be usable every 10:00.

Warlock
Balance Changes

* The Root bolt-ranged spell in the Hexing Specialization line now correctly has a 20s recast for all spell levels.
* The Uninterruptable Primer in the Hexing Specialization line has had its power costs adjusted:
o Level 2 – Steady Cast – 35% Power
o Level 12 – Solid Cast – 35% Power
o Level 22 – Fixed Cast – 30% Power
o Level 29 – Fortified Cast – 30% Power
o Level 38 – Anchored Cast – 25% Power
o Level 48 – Unshakable Cast – 20% Power
* The Healing bolt-ranged spell in the Witchcraft Specialization line now correctly has a 20s recast for all spell levels.
* The Spreadheal Secondary spell in the Witchcraft Specialization line has been changed into a normal casted Spreadheal. Power cost and casting times are as follows:
o Level 32 – Charmed Gift of Health – 3.5s cast – 20% Power
o Level 39 – Charmed Boon of Health – 3.5s cast – 20% Power
o Level 47 – Charmed Favor of Health – 3.5s cast – 20% Power

World Changes
Realm vs. Realm
Battlegrounds Changes

* Cathal Valley: Adjusted the spawn rate of the Giant Lusus in this battleground.

Bug Fixes

* The cross realm timer should now work properly when changing servers within a cluster

Quests
World
Changes

* A new Quest completion icon has been added to the quest system. Any NPC having a quest you can complete with him will now display a blue knot above his head.

Bug Fixes

* Quest “The Anxious Healer” will once again be available in Hibernia.
* Quest rewards that you cannot use are now shaded red. Your selected item is now shaded a dark yellow.
* The quest text scroll bar position will now reset to the top between quests. Correcting an issue that would not display quest text properly.

Engineering
Client
Changes

* To support the new unusable optional quest reward coloring, modified UI’s should add the following line to their new_quest_window.xml file:
< StateAdapterName >new_quest_opt_reward_state#< /StateAdapterName >
Where # is 0 through 7. This should be added to each section for optional rewards. Please see new_quest_finish_window.xml for assistance.

Everz

FH is my second home
Time of the Dual Wielders comes again. Infs to the top of the stealth game.

Mythic, you never cease to amaze.

Everz

FH is my second home
Official, its on the herald.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
they trying to kill their own game hehe

How come its still financially viable with less than 10k ppl playing it and half of them bots

seems wierd

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ooooh, now ppl HAVE to play heavy tanks if they still want their slambots...

*giggle*

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Best patch in a while tbh, hybrids were having it too good for too long as were slam/pb/pb scouts

I might actually play my rr5 firbeh bm now

Logi

Part of the furniture
bards rr5 is finally viable... skalds rr5 seems abit to nice... i like the slam changes though!

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Immunity to CC for 30 seconds? I might have to resub :eek:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Immunity to CC for 30 seconds? I might have to resub :eek:

Have to admit, really not looking forward to this. Nearly every mid mini grp has a skald, every other solo mid is a skald, gonna be getting a sever porking on the back of the change.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Have to admit, really not looking forward to this. Nearly every mid mini grp has a skald, every other solo mid is a skald, gonna be getting a sever porking on the back of the change.

Well TBH Mael if you now reached dizzy heights of now getting VN Board posts you going to be high on they hit list. :lol:

Tho must admit best post on there for a while complimenting you wonder if you start getting as many as Eul on there Loved way he got up them americans noses with his play style.

Fair play m8 keep it up :clap:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well TBH Mael if you now reached dizzy heights of now getting VN Board posts you going to be high on they hit list. :lol:

Tho must admit best post on there for a while complimenting you wonder if you start getting as many as Eul on there Loved way he got up them americans noses with his play style.

Heh, they can make what threads they like, I'm keeping a low profile on there. Had enuff of flames on here back in the day, all peace and love now. If I post on there, I've prolly come from the pub.

Everz

FH is my second home
Pretty much think Pallys/Thanes are borked off this?

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Not a bad patch really, skald and bard rr5 needed more love but now skalds are just insane strong as a class in general. I like the slam changes tbh.

Everz

FH is my second home
An idea on VN suggested seems better tbh.

Large shield - 9secs
Medium shield - 7secs
Small shield - 5secs

Wardens/Pallys/Thane/Tics seem to be the ones who have got the shaft from this.. 8v8 wardens especially I guess.

Also Sayaad rage is lol.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I like the idea above a lot, since paladins and thanes will be even more useless for grps

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I love the so called nightshade nerf tbh :p
nightshade just became top of the foodchain by a considerable margin imo!

altho only issue is no more vanish/nuking :( which hurts my stealth zerging a bit!

rest of the changes seem solid - don't agree with the skald changes tho - high rr skalds are gonna be unkillable 1v1 now methinks

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Bard change = good as it was rivalled only by the chanter rr5 for being sodding useless (actually the chanter one is worse).

Rent change = probably broke something when they turned it back on last time.

Haven't they just made the svg and skald rr5's? Must have bourked something if they're changing already (Hmm, a developing theme?).

Slam... Undecided. Going to shaft the light tanks that went 39/50/42 for the train. No doubt a zerker complained and as Mid are FotM then they thought it only fair to nerf it. Should prove an issue for scouts and rangers might move off the bottom of the stealth food chain with this and the dual wield mechanics change (isn't dual wield going back to where it once was???).

Don't know squat about whorecocks other than they're very solid when played by stupid people and correspondingly OP'd when played by people with a clue (I think I've done the Vienna joke recently so I'll hold off).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol, waiting for the Valk, Scout, Paladin, Thane QQ.

Shame tho they should have let paladins keep the 9 second slam, its not like it made them anymore uber if they were split spec. Valks deserved to lose it as did Scouts and Thanes :p and Champs will likely cry hard about it aswell since they lost the 9 second stun from the rear (they have to chain 2 abilities now for the stun to work if i'm not mistaken?)

Almost tempting to renew I must admit.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Pretty much think Pallys/Thanes are borked off this?

Thanes gonna be bad now
Pallies can just go full 2h and keep the 9 second stun... Not like you need Slam on them tbh.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
fall damage falling through the floor? No more trips to Emain? :(

Everz

FH is my second home
Thanes gonna be bad now
Pallies can just go full 2h and keep the 9 second stun... Not like you need Slam on them tbh.

Does kill the Hybrid spec. Makes reavers/tic with some interesting spec options now. Scouts to the bottom of the pile now hah. Think thats more zergs now.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
An idea on VN suggested seems better tbh.

Large shield - 9secs
Medium shield - 7secs
Small shield - 5secs

Wardens/Pallys/Thane/Tics seem to be the ones who have got the shaft from this.. 8v8 wardens especially I guess.

Also Sayaad rage is lol.

It wouldnt change anything tho really as all hybrids (except tics) can use large shields + the speed and end cost of all shields are equal across the board now iirc, back in the day Guthlac was the only large shield (in mid) with small shield speed/end costs but today all large shields (dragon ones) are like that thus that suggestion would just cancel this patch out completely. Scouts will still be fucked but then again no stealth class that can do that much damage should have 9 second stuns in the first place. Its like they're trying to make it more like WoW really I mean making 2handed users cancel 25% block and evade off the target is just telling everyone that can evade or block go full on damage ignore your defensive specs they're totally useless now.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Long overdue change to give back Heavy Tanks their primary meaning ..
Rest of the patch (apart Bard change) seems a bit LOL to me.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
if this had happened when i still played my scout i would have quit straight away :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
if this had happened when i still played my scout i would have quit straight away :p

heh, reading vnboards atm and its funny all the scouts are crying because they've learned to do nothing but zerg and add and rely on slam to run away, now they're fucked because they have to learn how to play properly rather than just slam and spam PB or slam and runspeed to the hills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom