FH is my second home
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.90c Release Notes
New Frontiers and Class Changes
July 26, 2007

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Fixed an issue where players could execute a combat style immediately after being affected by certain types of stuns.

- If a player equips a Constitution bonus Mythirian when their Constitution stat and cap are already maxed out, the player's hit points will now properly raise.

- The broadcast channel's selected color will now be saved and loaded when zoning and logging in.

- 'You cancel your effect' is now sent to the Spell Expire Channel instead of the Spell Channel.

- 'You are now preparing to perform a XXX style as backup for XXX!' is now sent to the Action Channel as opposed to the System Channel.

- The following messages have been moved from the System Channel to the Important Channel:

You move and interrupt your spellcast!
You are ready to fire!
You move and interrupt your shot!
You are ready to fire a volley shot! (Shots remaining: X)

- The following message is now sent to the Items Channel:

You use the XXX.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Armsman

- The Growth Rate on the Polearm style "Defender's Rage" has been reduced to appropriate levels for a front positional opening style.

Healer

- Healer's RR5, Sputin's Legacy, will now proc a 5 second spell and damage immunity in addition to its Cheat Death functionality. This will fire either when the spell expires, or the healer receives a deathblow while the spell is active.

Mentalists

- Fixed an issue with Mentalism which prevented Intelligence from properly affecting the spells from that line.

Theurgist

- The range of the Theurgist's elemental pet summon spells has been reduced from 2000 to 1875 units.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- Version 1.90c introduces our first test release to the general public of some of the changes coming in our New Frontiers (NF) revamp. The changes that are being previewed for testing on Pendragon in this patch are all located in the Battlegrounds.

- All Battleground Center Keeps, Portal Keeps, Towers, and Bridges have been redone. The revamp includes all-new artwork for all pieces, and new layouts based on these new pieces.

- Please note that the changes previewed in the patch are currently in a beta state, and have a few known issues that we are currently working on for future versions of this testing cycle.

We are aware that currently if you click on the keep pieces, the targeting window states 'unknown'.

There are some issues with the new textures where they might not be mapped perfectly, etc. Feel free to report any glaring issues as bug reports.

The 'breach' animation and 'tower razing' animation are still using the old animations so they may appear slightly off.

The two lowest level battlegrounds currently have gatehouses with doors. These will be removed in a future version so they match the old keeps in free access to the main courtyard.

- The new keeps were designed so that there are fewer spots on the keep that can be 'breached' by holes. Instead, there will be other methods to 'enter' the keep to make up for the reduced number of breach points; these will be introduced in a later version. For now, you can identify walls that will 'break' by the semi-circle that looks like a wooden grate at the bottom of the wall.

- The Revamped Keeps/Towers/Portal Keeps in the Battlegrounds have preliminary pathing and line of sight data. Please actively test pathing and line of sight on the new keeps and send in detailed bug reports for any issues you discover.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
if thts true bout theurg seems nice, and lawl at Defenders rage finally being nerfed, no more dr spamming newbs.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Healer

- Healer's RR5, Sputin's Legacy, will now proc a 5 second spell and damage immunity in addition to its Cheat Death functionality. This will fire either when the spell expires, or the healer receives a deathblow while the spell is active.

5 seconds damage immunity, if the healer can actually move around when that goes off it will be very useful and alot better than the druid rr5 that stuns you AND clears stun immunity. Against any half decent opponents they know when a green sphere surrounds you to stop hitting and line up a positional stun :S

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
hahaha, another tool for teh uber solo pac healer! insta stun/mezz, root, FZ, PS, MoC, and now rr5! Oh the fun I can have with soloers now ;)

sux theurg nerf though :/ Kinda started to like my theurg!

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
It's not even DR that needs nerfing the most about armsmen lol, anytime snare anyone?

edabi

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry too mutch. Before GOA gets this running we are almost 1 year further. At that time they maybe found a solution for the Vista problem and hopefuly Warhammer is out at that moment.
So, hasta la vista GOA.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Pathetic patch.

Cry more Eleasias, group spec is/was 2H for a long time with side/back snares and stuns with good growth rates. So when you whine enough to get that anytime with snare from Pole nerfed and they nerf it you'll have to whine about 2H too.

And yeah, Healers needed more utility and a killer RR5 :/.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
the DR change was needed for obvious reasons.

The Theurgist change was a good start, but not enough.

The healer RR5 change brings it inline with the cleric and druid RR5's in functionality.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
the DR change was needed for obvious reasons.

The Theurgist change was a good start, but not enough.

The healer RR5 change brings it inline with the cleric and druid RR5's in functionality.

Oh yeah, cleric RR5 reaks of awsomeness! :<

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Pathetic patch.

Cry more Eleasias, group spec is/was 2H for a long time with side/back snares and stuns with good growth rates. So when you whine enough to get that anytime with snare from Pole nerfed and they nerf it you'll have to whine about 2H too.

And yeah, Healers needed more utility and a killer RR5 :/.

Yes and you can just /face the arms, get hit with a non-snare style and sprint away fast? 2H is nothing compared to anytime snaring.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic noticed there was a third realm with OP characters!? :eek2:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Took em sometime to get some steps in a right direction. Lately it seems they even more embraced the try, fail, retry refrain :s

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yes and you can just /face the arms, get hit with a non-snare style and sprint away fast? 2H is nothing compared to anytime snaring.

I don't get it, you join the threads where I comment on class balance, accusing me of stupidity with some one liners and once one gets to talk to you about something your shine with pure idiocy. Maybe time to stop the comments then on me?

How do you sprint away fast exactly? There is one sprinting speed. Armsman have the same sprinting speed. If you face him to neglate the side/behind snares/stuns and start to run away, he will follow and snare you again.

Such a brilliant idea. (you were mentioning some good played Armsman in the RvR section.)

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
I don't get it, you join the threads where I comment on class balance, accusing me of stupidity with some one liners and once one gets to talk to you about something your shine with pure idiocy. Maybe time to stop the comments then on me?

How do you sprint away fast exactly? There is one sprinting speed. Armsman have the same sprinting speed. If you face him to neglate the side/behind snares/stuns and start to run away, he will follow and snare you again.

Such a brilliant idea. (you were mentioning some good played Armsman in the RvR section.)

Getting hit from the front, then sprint thru them and with disease etc spam they will probably not get a style in before you run/lag out of range. You obviously have no clue how fg rvr works anyway so it's useless discussing it with you.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
And no one has mentioned good armsmen because any monkey can spam anytime snare.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic always said that class balance isnt based around 1v1's or solo, yet armsman nerf is clearly a 1v1 one. 2H looks cooler anyway!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Getting hit from the front, then sprint thru them and with disease etc spam they will probably not get a style in before you run/lag out of range. You obviously have no clue how fg rvr works anyway so it's useless discussing it with you.

So the emphasis here went now from fast sprint to lag run and to disease?

*g*

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
We dont need any more demonstrations of your mental handicaps mate, yes I really meant that you sprint faster by saying "sprint fast". :rolleyes:

Obviously someone has to sprint faster than the Armsman to get away, or? So in your equation we have now on one side one ubah leet hax guy who has the Armsman diseased, who is hitting sprint faster than anyone else and who can do a nice walk through followed by lag-leg-it (thought you promised the Germans to not do it) and on the other side the gimped 2H Armsman, who doesn't use invig pots, has no endu pots/charges/RAs, never sprints and never backups styles.

You're right, anytime snare style with half the damage of the 2H snare styles shines then really and needs a serious nerf.

*giggle*

Nerfing DR is nice and stuff as but maybe Maybe should take care of Scythe's Conflagration then too: Sick GR, root and DD proc.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Am I missing something or have most peeps gone back from Air Theurg to Cold ones?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Obviously someone has to sprint faster than the Armsman to get away, or? So in your equation we have now on one side one ubah leet hax guy who has the Armsman diseased, who is hitting sprint faster than anyone else and who can do a nice walk through followed by lag-leg-it (thought you promised the Germans to not do it) and on the other side the gimped 2H Armsman, who doesn't use invig pots, has no endu pots/charges/RAs, never sprints and never backups styles.

You're right, anytime snare style with half the damage of the 2H snare styles shines then really and needs a serious nerf.

*giggle*

Nerfing DR is nice and stuff as but maybe Maybe should take care of Scythe's Conflagration then too: Sick GR, root and DD proc.

Yep in fg rvr everything is done by one guy on the other side. Are you really so stupid as to claim that it's not easier to get away from a side/back snare than from anytime snare? I guess you are.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Theurg nerf, fantastic. I still think that a well played theurg will be insanely overpowered but at least they can finally see that a theurg is a stupidly overpowered class and have done something about it.

Ive played Cleric, Druid and now Healer to pretty high RR's and for those whineing about the cleric RR5 should seriously get a clue. Since they increased the proc rate it is well handy. Druid RR5 is average, very situational...sometimes it will work out nice for you, sometimes it wont. The current Healer RR5 is pretty sh!t to say the least. What they have proposed is a little OP maybe but its not ground breaking.

And yeh Pac healers do have a stupid amount of util but that is usually counterbalanced in a group by us aug healers with very little util.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Agree with Eleasias, an anytime snare (not a positional or in a chain) is a perma snare lockdown and you can;t do jack shit against it. I always thought end of chains and positionals were supposed to be better because they are harder to perform? no? Atm if I get an armsman on me I need BG because even with disease, he's going to monkey spam it, if I face him he will DR spam. Against other classes with snares, theses are pretty much all positional or second in chain, so if you can manuver correctly you have a chance of getting away before it lands.

Healer change is nice, might be considered powerful but the cleric RR5 is still the best imo because it resets stun immunity on whoever hits the cleric. Alb groups on Limors abuse this to hell (theurg rr5 seems to reset it too), even sat through a 20 second stun?

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
still remember when tryed chase one cleric who used his rl5, hit and got stunned few time, very funny feeling dammit.

arsmans frontal was out of whack, thou sadly that change inc here next summer, and like we all know mythic? that is only small fix, dont come even close other heavy tanks frontal.

still wonder where is mids 6.0 speed weapons! (dont mean mourning rage :) )
mythic say dragon drops, and yet what have heard from dragon veterans havent dropped.

Farhach

Fledgling Freddie
Mentalists

- Fixed an issue with Mentalism which prevented Intelligence from properly affecting the spells from that line.

They notice this NOW?

This must be the class both mythic and god, not only forgot, but totally didnt give a shit about. They are giving mentalism line some serious love in upcomming patch though... A baseline energy dd, thats broken and (from some tests) pretty much does as much damage as a cl nuke :puke:

Time to dust off the old menta and start casting those superior heals and confuses!

Nice to see the theurgs getting more tough love though :D

Leather, latex, spanking and candles!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Agree with Eleasias, an anytime snare (not a positional or in a chain) is a perma snare lockdown and you can;t do jack shit against it.

You can:

[x] Don't get close to the Armsman, he has no charge,
[x] Get snare immunity, and don't tell me that you can't get snare immunity, lots spam AoE roots leads often to root immunity which makes you immune to snare.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yep in fg rvr everything is done by one guy on the other side. Are you really so stupid as to claim that it's not easier to get away from a side/back snare than from anytime snare? I guess you are.

I say it makes fuck all difference if the Armsman isn't new to styling. It's anytime snare with a low GR versus two positional snares with high GRs followed by stuns. If you ask for a nerf, you might as well ask to nerf the 2H line.

And yeah, since in FG RvR everything is NOT done by one guy you can fuck off with your whine and ask your group for BG, heals, shears of the Armsman or whatever.

Or you could come to a forum and whine for more nerfs.

:kissit:

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Yep, BG from the arms on our tanks instead from the merc, reaver, minstrel in offence on our casters. Armsmen also stand in a far away corner in the fight, completely away from the casters he's supposed to bodyguard so you can easily avoid him, but then again you've proved again and again that you have no clue about positioning in this game, you even made a movie documentary on the subject. A sheared arms will disable a tank just the same, just less damage. You can't cc them, they are unkillable in 8vs8 terms and a very skilled player (like yourself) can easily disable a tank with them with 2 buttons.

Made a big buck in the fertilizer business yet btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom