1.109 - HOLY SLAM NERf

Logi

Part of the furniture
heh, reading vnboards atm and its funny all the scouts are crying because they've learned to do nothing but zerg and add and rely on slam to run away, now they're fucked because they have to learn how to play properly rather than just slam and spam PB or slam and runspeed to the hills.

mweh tbh, this slam change doesnt mean a thing, a truly experienced player can still buzz in an 8sec stun from the side with the Mangle style. Guess strafing will be alot more popular now.

mebe 50 shield gets more popular, or the bads will just slam and then /engage till immunity is gone, shouldnt take that long with a 5 sec stun :<

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Does kill the Hybrid spec. Makes reavers/tic with some interesting spec options now. Scouts to the bottom of the pile now hah. Think thats more zergs now.

Hehe thank god i made a tic temp with no spell pierce so i am not gonna go with 42 shield and 43 enhance 47 rej spec :p

47 Rej, 50 Enhance yaaaa!! and the crush style will have 4 seconds neway =p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
mweh tbh, this slam change doesnt mean a thing, a truly experienced player can still buzz in an 8sec stun from the side with the Mangle style. Guess strafing will be alot more popular now.

mebe 50 shield gets more popular, or the bads will just slam and then /engage till immunity is gone, shouldnt take that long with a 5 sec stun :<

idiots that /face or /stick a target deserve to get strafe stunned :p

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
LOL is it me or did nightshades get focking overpowerd again? :flame::flame::flame:

Trying to hit renew on my shade account! :sex:

Yrendan

Can't get enough of FH
I overally like the patch! Stunning ppl every 15 sec seems nice ;p not essentially a shield nerf if you know what are you doing ;p

PS: WTF with skald and savage love!

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'd love to get into DAOC again but i really don't want to do all the TOA bullshit ;/

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Toa got nerfed some time ago, you can get all artis and ml1-9 in 5 minutes now if you know someone selling bp's or buy 45k or so atlantean glass for 45p

Also im rolling a savage now :p

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Toa got nerfed some time ago, you can get all artis and ml1-9 in 5 minutes now if you know someone selling bp's or buy 45k or so atlantean glass for 45p

Also im rolling a savage now :p

Bp's are way cheaper than glass.. always ppl selling ml1-10 for 10p

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
I'd love to get into DAOC again but i really don't want to do all the TOA bullshit ;/

TOA ML's and Items are nerfed now ML's/Artis/Scrolls/MLxp can be bought with BP's and they tradeable + Atlantean glass farmed in TOA area.

Easy to do and easy to obtain so ML'ing characters ever sooooooo easy.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
doesnt change the fact the game was better without all the toa items and abilities

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
TOA ML's and Items are nerfed now ML's/Artis/Scrolls/MLxp can be bought with BP's and they tradeable + Atlantean glass farmed in TOA area.

Easy to do and easy to obtain so ML'ing characters ever sooooooo easy.

and above all that most people don't use the majority of TOA items anymore, only the obvious jewelry ones :) weapons people just use dragon/ml10 weapons (dragon weapons are easily obtained and ml10 ones have gone down in price abit compared to what they were)

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
I have a feeling that after the patch the following spec might be popular for scouts. At least i am gonna try it:

(rr6 perspective)

LB 49
Thrust 34
shield 35
stealth 34

With 49 lb i miss only the last crit and cold shot. I think i can live with it. If you like playing your class a nerf/balance will not change things. You ll just have to adopt and change your tactics.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I have a feeling that after the patch the following spec might be popular for scouts. At least i am gonna try it:

(rr6 perspective)

LB 49
Thrust 34
shield 35
stealth 34

With 49 lb i miss only the last crit and cold shot. I think i can live with it. If you like playing your class a nerf/balance will not change things. You ll just have to adopt and change your tactics.

if we're honest, your spec isn't going to make any difference whatsoever as you'll be with 4 other scouts with as much fz and sideslams as possible.

Only thing this patch does is means I'm gonna be able to kill 2 scouts before getting zerged by his fg rather than just the 1 ;>

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Hmm i never joined a stealth zerg and never will be. I have only duoed a few times with my brother's infi but mostly i solo.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm i never joined a stealth zerg and never will be. I have only duoed a few times with my brother's infi but mostly i solo.

killing xpers like the usual scouts and stuff then? cuz I've never met you in rvr :p

it wasn't a dig at you persé tho it was scoutkind! :p

tbh the changes won't make any difference whatsoever in soloing either - still have sidestun with a huge arc which is even easier for a scout as most people try and strafe thru shield anyways - if i were a scout right now i'd completely stop using slam in preperation for the patch

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
killing xpers like the usual scouts and stuff then? cuz I've never met you in rvr :p

it wasn't a dig at you persé tho it was scoutkind! :p

tbh the changes won't make any difference whatsoever in soloing either - still have sidestun with a huge arc which is even easier for a scout as most people try and strafe thru shield anyways - if i were a scout right now i'd completely stop using slam in preperation for the patch

no offense taken :)

No i am not farming on xp spots. I always go where the action is or at central keeps. It always depends at how much time i can play before my future wife aggro me :).
I tend to add though :(

PS: My scout nick is Drakoumel

- English -

Resident Freddy
if we're honest, your spec isn't going to make any difference whatsoever as you'll be with 4 other scouts with as much fz and sideslams as possible.

Only thing this patch does is means I'm gonna be able to kill 2 scouts before getting zerged by his fg rather than just the 1 ;>

wow mr hypocrit here,

tries and gets me to join their stealth zerg of 6 on ywain lol

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
well I'd like to say I mostly solo - but I'm almost always in a duo these days with Levi to counteract stealth zergs! but I'm happy to say you've not added on my shade as of yet

edit: also - if you ever venture to mid/brynja bridge you'll find me if you do /stat Ceixah and i'm ingame - thats were i'll be :p feel free to bring a duo to come attempt ^^

Everz

FH is my second home
Whats this solo you speak of?

Everz

FH is my second home
I soloed with friends tbfh :D.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing missing now is for 2-handers to cut parry by 25%. Skalds would love that!

I'm almost tempted to consider to re-sub and perhaps play my zerker again...maybe.
Scouts will be angry now, feel gimped and zerg even more than before, so....maybe not.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing missing now is for 2-handers to cut parry by 25%. Skalds would love that!

I'm almost tempted to consider to re-sub and perhaps play my zerker again...maybe.
Scouts will be angry now, feel gimped and zerg even more than before, so....maybe not.

zomg!

PLEASE RESUB !!! :> always have epic fights vs ur zerk ;>

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
And then we can see a retarded Zerker Valkyn once again!

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Valkyn zerk isn't retarded, it's pure awesomeness!

Oh, i still keep an eye out on DAoC, Everz. :) Wasn't that long ago i cancelled.
Playing Rift atm, but the PvP gets boring fast. I mostly play it for PvE, with the occasional warfront, and that's ok.

Everz

FH is my second home
Ah good to see an old name about :D. Still remember the times that fugly zerk :)p) made my chanter eat dirt :D.

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Valkyn zerk isn't retarded, it's pure awesomeness!

Oh, i still keep an eye out on DAoC, Everz. :) Wasn't that long ago i cancelled.
Playing Rift atm, but the PvP gets boring fast. I mostly play it for PvE, with the occasional warfront, and that's ok.

Skalds are getting a sick new rr5, and the zerker rr5 got a boost also :)
Me and Santak still play mid ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom