stealth groups

K

Kelmorian

alb stealth groups or mid stealth groups or hib stealth groups..

discuss :p

Z

Zii

its the only way to survive not much to discuss really :)

K

krait

Originally posted by Zii
its the only way to survive not much to discuss really :)

Exactly.

If all other classes group ,then why should'nt stealthers group also. :)

Although i'd say alb's are probably the most dangerous.
;)

Z

Zii

Originally posted by krait
Exactly.
Although i'd say alb's are probably the most dangerous.
;)

have to agree.. its either slam, dwagonfang or mins stun..

nastye albies :)

G

gudrex

Albs are the worst by far since they have mincers...neither us or the hibbs can counter that (and the fact that all alb stealthclasses has a 9 sec stun)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by gudrex
Albs are the worst by far since they have mincers...neither us or the hibbs can counter that (and the fact that all alb stealthclasses has a 9 sec stun)

Slash infils? ;o

K

klavrynd

they should make a zone for stealthers where they can zerg each other imo

J

Juiliet

Yay, pretty far in a post about this and no flame yet.

Me and Roga formed Para Bellum to be a stealtherguild. Its fun, its effective, its...did i mention fun?

Game is all about grouping, its in the name: massive multiplayer online roleplaying game. So please dont think less of us stealthers if we want to try ways of playing the game thats not soloing, this is meant to be, and come to stay. :)

Albion got a big advantage with minstrels, and of course, the source of our joy and happyness, best buffbots. \o/

At the moment 3 stealthers in a group is a stealthzerg though, very unhealthy attitude. Dont play the game to play alone, then i might as well play halflife, play to group with people ive gotten to know well.

Im on a break now though, no fun for me in stealthgroups for two weeks :)

A

Ardrias_Mid

Is there any other way to think about a stealther than.... less ?

J

Juiliet

Many people think less of everyone better than them, usually because they are envious.
Give me a reason for thinking less of stealthers, because we kill fast?

K

klavrynd

It's lame, it's a proof you're playing the wrong class, did i mention it's lame?

>At the moment 3 stealthers in a group is a stealthzerg though,
>very unhealthy attitude. Dont play the game to play alone, then
>i might as well play halflife, play to group with people ive gotten
>to know well.

Teaming up 3 buffbotted classes to look for solo players is the unhealthy attitude.
If you fancy grouping, maybe play a groupfriendly(...friendlier) class or team up in a "normal" group instead.

<thinks back of times when assasins came solo and unbuffed fights were as common as tomte in svealand>

K

klavrynd

Originally posted by Juiliet
Many people think less of everyone better than them, usually because they are envious.
Give me a reason for thinking less of stealthers, because we kill fast?

2-3-4 vs 1, would be rather gimped if you didn't kill fast wouldn't you?

sheer envy, i want to experience the rush of winning a fight when you outman with 300% as well

F

Farnis

yeah - almost as much as winning a fight with a opted group over a random.

I sincerly doubt you get any pleasure from this game at all Klav - you just want to help others not enjoy it as much as you do too.

J

Juiliet

You mentioned its lame, you never mentioned why. Accusations, accusations accusations, never a reason though, how mature...

Its a well known fact a solo player does better with a buffbot. Its a wellknown fact a group does better with buffbots. I do play a cleric in PE too , groupfriendly and all, but i want more from the game than just one kind of grouping.

And as for looking for solo players, you are assuming thats the objective? We will of course kill any solo enemy, who wouldnt? Any 'normal' group will. Any opted group will. Any solo player will try. The fact stealthers tend to be..well...stealthed, give them an advantage over soloers though, freedom to not attack the two opted groups running first, but instead kill the lonely mid thinking he is safe behind.

I suppose this is frustrating for the poor mid, but in a game where killing enemies is the objective, i see nothing wrong, or lame in it, elaborate please.

The aim for a stealthgroup is to find challenging opponents, challenging, yet killable. (No funny comment about attacking BO then please, nobody want to suicide) Nothing please me more than a good 3vs3 fight.

C

Cush

Originally posted by klavrynd
<thinks back of times when assasins came solo and unbuffed fights were as common as tomte in svealand>

<thinks back to the time when we were 10 stealthers in each realm and noone used a buffbot>

K

klavrynd

Farnis ,i never stated it does

the only times a truely felt a rush was when we killed 3fg with 7 of us and when we win vs fadeh's group when they fire all ra's

as for the "...you just want to help others not enjoy it as much as you do too."

my 'whining' has less effect on the game/game athmosphere then stealthers running in large groups killing loners and duo's imho

M

mavericky

Originally posted by Farnis
yeah - almost as much as winning a fight with a opted group over a random.

I sincerly doubt you get any pleasure from this game at all Klav - you just want to help others not enjoy it as much as you do too.

/agree

That is why there are more and more stealthers, its a way of being able to RvR anytime.

With a non stealth class the only way to RvR and be successful is roll gank squad friendly class (determination tank, shammy, healer, possibly a pbaoe SM or a runey and one skald) and join a RvR guild.

Its a shame that with the game mechanics as they are, so many classes unperform in groups so are unwelcome

K

klavrynd

You mentioned its lame, you never mentioned why. Accusations, accusations accusations, never a reason though, how mature...

You might want to reread, i see ample reasons stated in my post
(and in case you didnt see the analogy to the 3th line in your original post...)

Its a well known fact a solo player does better with a buffbot. Its a wellknown fact a group does better with buffbots. I do play a cleric in PE too , groupfriendly and all, but i want more from the game than just one kind of grouping.

It's a well known fact that not everyone has access to a buffbot, so in pure game terms you're having an unfair advantage when using one.

And as for looking for solo players, you are assuming thats the objective? We will of course kill any solo enemy, who wouldnt? Any 'normal' group will. Any opted group will. Any solo player will try. The fact stealthers tend to be..well...stealthed, give them an advantage over soloers though, freedom to not attack the two opted groups running first, but instead kill the lonely mid thinking he is safe behind.

As a matter of fact it think it is, as there's no real chance vs a decent group for a stealther group and i think it's natural to pick fights (you can because you're ... well... stealthed) which you can easily win

[/QUOTE]I suppose this is frustrating for the poor mid, but in a game where killing enemies is the objective, i see nothing wrong, or lame in it, elaborate please.
see all other replies, it's getting a swat team for a kid that stole candy or killing a fly with a flamethrower

The aim for a stealthgroup is to find challenging opponents, challenging, yet killable. (No funny comment about attacking BO then please, nobody want to suicide) Nothing please me more than a good 3vs3 fight.

right, and i'm the lord jezus christ. The aim of a stealthergroup is getting rp by picking the easiest fights. If you want a challenge you try running solo for a change ?

F

Farnis

my 'whining' has less effect on the game/game athmosphere then stealthers running in large groups killing loners and duo's imho

What is a large group? Is it larger than the 7 you used to kill 3fgs?

Are we all expected to go solo, because it fits in with your idea of a rogue concept?

K

klavrynd

Are we all expected to go solo, because it fits in with your idea of a rogue concept?

finally, someone understood :hat:

J

Juiliet

Again, you draw conclusion Klav.

50% of my time i play solo. And buffbotted, because i want some fun of my gametime. Its a sad fact going unbuffed will get you killed fast. If buffbots were removed, id be friar fulltime. You always seek the most fun you can have, for me thats being as effective as can be, cant really berate anyone for not wanting to be killed. You seem to be throwing stones for the fun of it here.

If i were wanting just realmpoints, i would play my cleric in a ganksquad, i get far more there. I play a stealther to have fun, if you cannot conceive what i mean by that, so be it.

But my actual fun lies in finding fights thats challenging, yet winnable, gods honest truth.

A

Ardrias_Mid

I can add what I think is most lame: When I run as a solo, unbuffed runie, through a milegate camped with 6+ Alb stealthers, and naturally get very deaded, and they emote-spam me.

If you get killed by a hib stealthersquad, they at least dont act like zitty teenagers, tho it's equally gay of them grouping up.

Claiming that a group vs solo is challenging is the most fucked up statement I've heard.

F

Farnis

finally, someone understood

I understand that you are mad trying to put this interpretation into what is a social game.

Sometimes its just nice to chat with new people, not everyone is so RP centric.

C

Cush

Originally posted by Farnis
Sometimes its just nice to chat with new people, not everyone is so RP centric.

LOL.. you ever chated with klav? tried it a few times wanted to kill my self irl after a few min

:p :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread