Stealth lore

S

scarffs

As far as i understood, i adds 22 to your stealth and also increases your chance to detect hidden.
So a stealtehr with this can see almost any stealtehr without, a non-stealther will see stealtehrs easier, because he will have an effective 22 stealth.

It's not as if everyone will see like this picture. This guy is a sb ( so presumably 50+22 stealth )

S

scarffs

After reading the whole thing, i'm prolly wrong if a sorc can see and kill 4 sbs at once.
Sounds insane.

I

Indiana Jones

lol, a sorc will have prescience node :)

thats an ability you get as caster master lvl

it reveals all stealthers in 1000m radius around the node you casted
it takes 15 secs to cast it, but lasts for 15 min

I

inabus

not a problem tbh....

Indi,
I aint gonna fear the nodes tbh, 1hp and easy to kill, and as a scout i can shoot them from a much larger radius than they can see me, I admit i will pop out of stealth when I do this, but I will do one shot from good cover and bang no more node to worry about!

Means that infs will need a scout with them to cover the node problems. Good for scouts, not so good for any other stealth char in alb (inf's, min's)

There are 2 nurfs to stealthers btw, one is the node, as discribed by indi and the other is Stealth lore, which tbh I am more worried about than the nodes! All I can hope is that mythic sees sense and reduces the affectivness of these abilities before we see TOA over here in the good old UK.

Imashrimp (47 scout)

J

Jenna.

node should have much more hp and double range imo :)

I

inabus

hehe

Nah it shouldnt, even if it did I think archers finally found a use for..... LONGSHOT!!!!!!!!

Imashrimp

X

XeffoInfil

nerf imo really, look at how far she could see the damn infils

I

Indiana Jones

to be brief, it increases the range of seeing a stealther

G

GrivneKelmorian

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
to be brief, it increases the range of seeing a stealther

nerf :(

its an item? RA? ML? what? :)

and how do you prevent it?

G

gwyneth-love

blabla bla .. Stealth lore has one purpose and one purpose only .. it forces stealthers to get is aswell. so they will be on same stealth level as the other assassins with it :eek: .. give it a month and most stealthers will have it so the game goes back to normal . for the stealthers who dont wanne pve its a pain cause they`ll get killed more then they like and quit or start playing a "normal character".. this isnt a real nerf just a timesink .

S

Shike

Originally posted by Jenna.
node should have much more hp and double range imo :)

permanent and cover an entire zone would be even better, why not remove the stealthers totally and offer them a classrespecc ! I sure wouldnt cry for them. :m00:

S

scarffs

Originally posted by gwyneth-love
blabla bla .. Stealth lore has one purpose and one purpose only .. it forces stealthers to get is aswell. so they will be on same stealth level as the other assassins with it :eek: .. give it a month and most stealthers will have it so the game goes back to normal . for the stealthers who dont wanne pve its a pain cause they`ll get killed more then they like and quit or start playing a "normal character".. this isnt a real nerf just a timesink .

Well yes, but its a charge and lasts less time then the recast timer, so you'll be exposed some of the time.

S

Sharma

Why dont they stop camping the obvious places such as Milegates then? :rolleyes:

Q

Qwegji-

Bah, the link on page 2 of the vn topic not working. But what it showed was a caster with stealth lore and he could see stealthers just as far away as that SB with stealth lore.

I

ironhand

Re: not a problem tbh....

Originally posted by inabus
Indi,
I aint gonna fear the nodes tbh, 1hp and easy to kill, and as a scout i can shoot them from a much larger radius than they can see me, I admit i will pop out of stealth when I do this, but I will do one shot from good cover and bang no more node to worry about!

Means that infs will need a scout with them to cover the node problems. Good for scouts, not so good for any other stealth char in alb (inf's, min's)

There are 2 nurfs to stealthers btw, one is the node, as discribed by indi and the other is Stealth lore, which tbh I am more worried about than the nodes! All I can hope is that mythic sees sense and reduces the affectivness of these abilities before we see TOA over here in the good old UK.

Imashrimp (47 scout)

I heard some where not exactly and dunno if its 100% true, but - Nodes can only be attacked via Melee

F

Falcon

This is only a nerf to the unskilled don't worry about it.

Also, Shike what's your sudden immense hatred towards stealthers? Wasn't so long ago you had a ranger and said it was your favourite char of all :/

A

Aoln

Originally posted by Sharma
Why dont they stop camping the obvious places such as Milegates then? :rolleyes:
Because if you do that, you get 1 fight every 4 hours.

T

Teren

Re: Re: not a problem tbh....

Originally posted by ironhand
I heard some where not exactly and dunno if its 100% true, but - Nodes can only be attacked via Melee

infils have x-bows
ns's have spells
sb's have throw daggers
archers have bows :p
mincers have shouts

not much to worry, 'sept mincers and ns's, coz bows are melee :)

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Aoln
Because if you do that, you get 1 fight every 4 hours.

Well Youre not gonna get anything except killed repeatedly when everyone knows where the place the PN or uses SL eh? :p

S

Shike

Originally posted by Falcon
Shike what's your sudden immense hatred towards stealthers? Wasn't so long ago you had a ranger and said it was your favourite char of all :/

when I realized that 90% of the stealthers are alot like hyenas, flocking around near dead people and just leech from others fights constantly. Most dont dare to jump unless they simply dont have every possible advantage they can get to ensure its a win-win situation for them all the time. Stealthers are just lame cowards that dont dare to peck a normal fight with someone anymore except for the few people that still try to play the classes with some honour and pride and those few are very very few these days, at least on Prydwen. There was a time when I paid some respect to certain stealthers for their skill and ability to invent new ways to kill and escape, nowadays its just blatant farming and nothing else. Sure its smart to stealthzerg and its tactical etc, but I personally just despice the way Prydwens stealthers play atm.

Thats why.

I liked my ranger alot, you know that but today there is little or no use to play one, I would play a ranger to solo with mostly and thats not doable anymore and its kinda sad due to the zerging thats going on and has done for quite a while. Emain is covered with alb stealthers, Odins is covered with hib stealthers and the occasional albstealther (tho never alone afaik since I've never seen a lone albstealther in Odins and HW is just silly atm anyway with the Zerging albs there. Leaves little or no option for someone that wanna play a soloclass and play it solo. The situation would be a little bit better if Mythic hadnt favored albs stealthing abilities so damn much but thats how it is atm and there isnt much to do about it.

K

kermz

3 words is all i can think about...

totally fucked up.

K

kaine_1

Perhaps it will make stealthers more group friendly if they can spot other stealthers

Prescience node is going to make stealth more difficult, but with a 15 second cast, its more of a defence thing really (going to be evil on keep climb points though)

There is of course natural camoflauge though...

S

seline

Hehe archers, mistrels, skalds and bards who follow the Sojourner ML path will get "Resistance of the Ancients" which is resistance to master level magic abilities (ML7 though) Should work against the node thingy.

I

Indiana Jones

Originally posted by Shike
when I realized that 90% of the stealthers are alot like hyenas, flocking around near dead people and just leech from others fights constantly. Most dont dare to jump unless they simply dont have every possible advantage they can get to ensure its a win-win situation for them all the time. Stealthers are just lame cowards that dont dare to peck a normal fight with someone anymore except for the few people that still try to play the classes with some honour and pride and those few are very very few these days, at least on Prydwen. There was a time when I paid some respect to certain stealthers for their skill and ability to invent new ways to kill and escape, nowadays its just blatant farming and nothing else. Sure its smart to stealthzerg and its tactical etc, but I personally just despice the way Prydwens stealthers play atm.

Thats why.

I liked my ranger alot, you know that but today there is little or no use to play one, I would play a ranger to solo with mostly and thats not doable anymore and its kinda sad due to the zerging thats going on and has done for quite a while. Emain is covered with alb stealthers, Odins is covered with hib stealthers and the occasional albstealther (tho never alone afaik since I've never seen a lone albstealther in Odins and HW is just silly atm anyway with the Zerging albs there. Leaves little or no option for someone that wanna play a soloclass and play it solo. The situation would be a little bit better if Mythic hadnt favored albs stealthing abilities so damn much but thats how it is atm and there isnt much to do about it.

i think everyone wants a win win situation, no?? i can't imagine someone going to the frontier saying "mmmm, i feel like getting slaughtered today"
About the hyena's, well the frontier is usually zerg land, and i'm talking about normal zergs. There are very few ppl who actually travel alone through frontier without stealth that is, especially HW, odin and emain. How can a stealther have "fun" if he has to solo and face a zerg.
Plus sc'ing, buffbots and SI items made it very hard for stealthers to solo kill. For the past few weeks i've been taking SS of all my pa's. I'm specced 50+16 CS, 45+13 slash, using a 16.5 dps sabre (99% quality) 3.6 speed and sometimes its unbelievable what kind of low dmg i do. Yesterday I succesfully Pa'ed an enchanter for 231 dmg. An enchanter with paper armor... 231 dmg.

i do agree, Milegates are overcamped atm and i will fully support mythic if they can find good ways to remove that problem. But giving everyone some kind of way to detect stealthers, doesn't do that, it destroys the whole class(es).
Some ppl don't like stealthers at all and think they should be removed. But what to do with current stealthers? It took me 10 months (that was before DF and SI, sitting in lyon all day, reserving a spot in tree grp in the morning, to get the spot in the evening) to get my infil to 50. It was my first char and its my only char (beside my necro i gave up on, and some /lvl toons). If mythic now slowly destroys my only viable char...

F

Flesh

Changing it so there's 2 double sets of gates per milegate would pwn imo.

S

Shike

i think everyone wants a win win situation, no?? i can't imagine someone going to the frontier saying "mmmm, i feel like getting slaughtered today"

Some people play if different, I play it for the challenge and for fun, not to always win necessarily, I have smiled at fights we loose and still think, we did well but hey, they did better so we lost and dont hold grudges over it. I for one bash my head into walls alot and often try to beat more than I think we are capable of, if we run 1fg and meet 4fgs and we kill 1fg, in my eyes, we have won.
Personally I dont like win-win situations very much since it offers from little to no challenge at all and its simply pure silly farming. Its not fun. Otherwise I wouldnt be playing a caster atm for sure unless I saw it as a potential fun class to play and tbh, it sure aint easy at all. This is ofc my own choice, I could play a BM in a tankgroup and run around and have a very decent chanse at winning almost every fight we encounter but I find tankgroups boring and dull in the longrun.

About the hyena's, well the frontier is usually zerg land, and i'm talking about normal zergs. There are very few ppl who actually travel alone through frontier without stealth that is, especially HW, odin and emain. How can a stealther have "fun" if he has to solo and face a zerg.
Plus sc'ing, buffbots and SI items made it very hard for stealthers to solo kill. For the past few weeks i've been taking SS of all my pa's. I'm specced 50+16 CS, 45+13 slash, using a 16.5 dps sabre (99% quality) 3.6 speed and sometimes its unbelievable what kind of low dmg i do. Yesterday I succesfully Pa'ed an enchanter for 231 dmg. An enchanter with paper armor... 231 dmg.

What I refer to as hyenas is ****s that always adds into perfectly fine fights and decide who shall win by taking down support, plink arrows into casters, mez down keyclasses etc _constantly_ and in my book, this is the way of the coward and for one that cannot stand up and fight normally on equal conditions. Not all stealthers do this ofc but a heapload do, and albs are the absolute worst when it comes to this, have had fights with FGs a number of times and voila, in walses Rambo and his worshippers (or some other prick) and take down support and in the end, even the strongest group will fall to this lame tactic.

One can ask, how can it be so that a class or classes can have such "godly" powers that they can come and go freely and just leech off from others fights when they want to where they want to, is this really fair? And does it increase the funfactor overall in DAoC? My answer is simply no, most stealthers just ruin things and hammer down people morale into their boots with their lame (but winning) tactics for one sole purpose I believe, Realmpoints.

Do you know how it is to enter a fight, have a good shot at winning vs a good grp of mids only to have your 2 druids taken down by 4 infils in 3 seconds, 2 scouts continues to shoot down the casters assisting savages and finally mincers pops and off they sos to escape the mids. I call it nothing but lame and its leeching from others fights, they lack courage to stand and fight a normal fight man to man. The way of the spineless coward. I wouldnt cry a single tear if buffbots was nerfed to hell, assassins and all other stealthers nerfed to hell or simply just removed from the entire game since I am aware of how much they actually destroy. Daoc would definetely be alot better without them.

I saw that Albs 3rd most popular lvl50 is infils, mintrels are the 5th, clerics are no2. What does this say about the condition of the game at this time? Does it say that stealthers are balanced and perfectly fine as is, does it say that the tons of buffbots out there are ok and perfectly fine as is? Nope, it doesnt, it says that infils are so ridicilously (sp?)overpowered as a class along with minstrels that people refrain from playing ordinary classes these days and instead choose the way of the hidden ones. This imho does nothing else but destroy the game overall, both for albs and for the other realms since it has lead to a completely silly amount of stealthers that roam all 3 frontiers. Is this a good development of the game? Nope, it is not, not imho anyway. This is the situation for Alb, its equally bad for hibs and mids tbh, though mids are actually playing more "normal" classes these days since most find the SB unable to compete and hunters.. well, we all know the story of the hunters. NSs are popping like crazy here in Hibernia and they do same lame shitty thing as albs do, go visit AMG in Odins some day and you will laugh, FGs are not uncommon there at all and I strongly suggest using caution in this area. Why they dont go to AMGE and fight their alikes is beyond me, maybe they are as big cowards as most of the albstealthers I have seen, I havent really fought them so I cant tell. Regarding the soloing people, can it maybe be so that people stopped soloing completely more or less since stealthers overall started to gang up more? Is it any use anymore when one cant even pass a Milegate without getting shot, PAd, and mezzed/stunned? I was gonna suicide today with my druid who was in ligen to SI and ran out from ligen, needless to say I didnt get very far until I got mezzed by a minstrel who danced around me until an infilfriend PAd me and did the whole chain if devastation on me and I fell ofc, I had no intention of fighting at all. This is what a soloer faces every day. Is it really so weird that people dont solo anymore? I dont think so. Again, what lies behind this is the pure sheer greed and hunger for cheap RPs. Does anyone stand a fair chanse solo vs a mincer and infil that duos? I cant say many that can stand up towards that tbh. And if in some case the infil miss PA or something else happens (yes I have seen infils miss PA on me while i was mezzed) mincer triggers the get out of jail card SOS and off they go and can try again after a little while. Is this in any way balanced when it comes to soloing? Nope, not in my book. Regarding your poor damageoutput, I have no idea, I seldom see soloinfils and if you truly are one, then my friend you are a rare breed tbh. My guess is you are unbuffed since you have poor damage, my friend luona taught me the tricks of charges, the poor (rich ingame^^) mans buffbot. They work and I suggest you try them out. These days most people have a bot or have access to one, most stealthers do at least so naturally you cant compete with it. The games mechanics say so. If its fair or not is another issue but I would definetely welcome a nerf to bots for RVRusage any day, and yes I have a mota5bot myself simply because we need it to even stand a chanse out there, the difference between a group that is buffbotted and not buffbotted is huge sadly.

i do agree, Milegates are overcamped atm and i will fully support mythic if they can find good ways to remove that problem. But giving everyone some kind of way to detect stealthers, doesn't do that, it destroys the whole class(es).
Some ppl don't like stealthers at all and think they should be removed. But what to do with current stealthers? It took me 10 months (that was before DF and SI, sitting in lyon all day, reserving a spot in tree grp in the morning, to get the spot in the evening) to get my infil to 50. It was my first char and its my only char (beside my necro i gave up on, and some /lvl toons). If mythic now slowly destroys my only viable char...

well, why do you think that MA PN or the stealtherloreitems came up in the first place? Can it maybe be so that Mythic finally realized that ordinary classes need some kind of antimeasure vs the huge advantage that only stealth in itself has? To be hidden, to be able to camp somewhere as a FG unseen and choose to leech whenever they want? The game is unfair atm and I see it as a minor way to correct this unfairness. I still believe that the way stealth worked in Planetside was the best implementation of stealth I have seen. When you move you are visible as a ghost and the one with a good eye can spot a stealther on quite some range and hunt him down, what this means is ofc that it overall is harder to play, but tell me, isnt it alittle too easy as it is now? Is it really challenging to jump a healer trying to help his group the best his can and kill him with several stealthers in seconds and then dissapear? Certain people have made it all the way to rr11 on this server by using cheap dirty tricks that nobody can do anything about. Is that balanced? Is it fair to the people who plays "normal" classes that fall victim to these lamers every day and struggle to see some progress with their characters? What this nerf means is that stealthers have to start and think some more instead of applying cheap stealtherzergtactics into the game and be successful with it. Its more of a challenge to play and I expect alot of the PLd fresh assassins that made their toon in hope if an easymode RPmachine to quit their char and either quit the game or simply roll a useful toon for their realm instead of just farming RPs all day long. The devoted and skilled players will adapt and continue and find ways around it, camping same place day in and day out wont work out anymore and I find it to be a very good thing. For people like you though, I dont see what will change tbh, if you are a silly camper you will suffer ofc, move alot and choose targets more visely and you should still be able to get your fair share of RPs.

To sum it up, I really dont like most stealthers one single bit since I feel they ruin alot of my gaming experience and I know they do for alot of others aswell.

Sorry for typing so damn much and its a pain to read, I know. This is just words from a grumpy dude that is sad that he saw a potentially very good game turn into a big rack of dogpoo due to Mythics clueless way to handle things and not dealing with stuff before they got out of hand totally.

I except clueless morons to call me a whiner and claim im crying etc... sure, I whine, I aint crying but im sad to see how daoc has become and especially on a server that once was a very good one.

Laters

O

old.mattshanes

Stealthers deserve a nerf, there's far too many and try playing a caster where you have to watch tanks hitting on your support or yourself ASWELL as stealthers hitting you from anywhere you least expect it to be.I agree with shike totally, stealthers now aren't like they was ages ago, except for some small amounts.

I

iceflower

>Do you know how it is to enter a fight, have a good shot at winning vs a good grp of mids only to have your 2 druids taken down by 4 infils in 3 seconds, 2 scouts continues to shoot down the casters assisting savages and finally mincers pops and off they sos to escape the mids. I call it nothing but lame and its leeching from others fights, they lack courage to stand and fight a normal fight man to man. The way of the spineless coward. I wouldnt cry a single tear if buffbots was nerfed to hell, assassins and all other stealthers nerfed to hell or simply just removed from the entire game since I am aware of how much they actually destroy. Daoc would definetely be alot better without them.

Somehow I think this irritation is becuase you want to play 1 group vs 1 group battles. Is it realistic to expect those except at odd hours of the day nowadays? However, your interpretation of rvr dont coincide with Mythics as they favour big battles and I cant see any reason why stealthers cant contribute to them.

Loh Katta
Bubblegirl

Users who are viewing this thread