Should Prince Harry be allowed to go to Iraq ?

Should harry be allowed to serve in the army in Iraq ?

• Yes

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Don't give a flying fuck TBH

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just heard that HRH Prince Harry - third in line to the UK throne (I think its third) - has NOT been allowed to serve in the army in Iraq. They're worried he might get bumped off.

What do you think ?

Let him go - and tie up shit loads of protection for just one man - making that unit even more of a target

or

Its right to not let him go. He's too important.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i wondered about this earlier. hes just another guy imo and see no reason why he shouldnt go. he shouldnt be awarded extra protection just for being who he is. he joined the army and he should be treated the same as anyone else.

Marc

FH is my second home
I think its right to not let him go, as he will be working with Iraqi civilians, so you just never know if one would shop him.

That said, Prince Andrew served in the Falklands or was it Edward? One of them did, the other couldnt even get through basic training.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I think its right to not let him go, as he will be working with Iraqi civilians, so you just never know if one would shop him.

That said, Prince Andrew served in the Falklands or was it Edward? One of them did, the other couldnt even get through basic training.

Andrew was in the navy at the time of the Falklands War. Edward was busy taking photographs of naked boys

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not English or anything but i'll add my view anyway. :)

I think it's very right not to let him go. Not for his own sake, but for the poor soldiers who otherwise would have had to serve in his unit, and pretty much everyone else who got close to him.. a walking death hazard!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Here is a simple question... why have they wasted tens of thousands of pounds on training a soldier that they will never use in combat? It is simply a waste of fucking time. If they want the Royal Family to learn disipline through the training then it should come out of their money and not our taxes. Im not paying taxes for the fun of wasting money (but then government wastes most of it i spose on paying theirself stupid money), so they should at least put it into something that actually worthwhile.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
He should be allowed to go, just because he is royal (*cough*) shouldn't mean he's treated any less. Even though he could be a primary target there.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Of course he should :S
I cant see any plausible reason why he shouldn't be forced to go, he signed up to the armed forces so should do what he signed up for.
After all in the time of the british empire the kings didnt say "nah i might get knocked off, i dont think ill fight this war"

Mey

Part of the furniture
Harry wants to go, the army won't let him.

I think its a sensible choice, imagine some raghead killing a royal...

Mey

Part of the furniture
Harry wants to go, the army won't let him.

I think its a sensible choice, imagine some raghead killing a royal...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
from a personal standpoint he should be allowed to go wherever he wish to. but, as he *is* a royal, no matter how far down the line as he is. the political mayhem it would cause if/when he gets kidnapped would be horrible.

IF he went down there u'd bet that every terrorist within a 200.000 mile radius would try to get their hands on him. the troops down there would have to be more occupied trying to save his royal ass then doing what little good they usually do.

its probably for the best all around that hes staying home. a dead/kidnapped prince isnt exactly gonna help anything down there. and would probably only give even more fuel to the warmongers.

/edit: and just imagine the morale boost al queida(sp?) would get if they actually DID manage to get their hands on him/kill him.....

they could probably make some pretty nice deals if they had his ass for trade...

echome

Fledgling Freddie
No one should be allowed. If nobody goes there would'nt be a bloddy war.

Some times the easy answers is best one.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Here is a simple question... why have they wasted tens of thousands of pounds on training a soldier that they will never use in combat? It is simply a waste of fucking time. If they want the Royal Family to learn disipline through the training then it should come out of their money and not our taxes. Im not paying taxes for the fun of wasting money (but then government wastes most of it i spose on paying theirself stupid money), so they should at least put it into something that actually worthwhile.

ok, now a question for you. would YOU like to serve in the same unit as someone that so many of the terrorists down there would want to kill/kidnap, by any means posible? or, would you want to be the comanding officer of such a person? always *always* have to take into the equation that this 1 soldier is a direct threat to every other soldier thats even close to him? you just cant have such a person in a unit. its quite risky enough as it is down there. why make it that much harder?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I voted Could not care less.

But its sensible not to send him as he would only be able to go to safe zones. No way would they risk him getting a IED. And then when hes there you have to worry about people trying to kidnap him so he would not be able to go out in his little 5 tanks group he would prolly end up right in the middle of what looked like an invasion force. Lets face it him getting caugh and beheaded would be a very bad thing.

Dose make me wonder why they said he would go in the first place as it made no sence then either.

Corran

Part of the furniture
ok, now a question for you. would YOU like to serve in the same unit as someone that so many of the terrorists down there would want to kill/kidnap, by any means posible? or, would you want to be the comanding officer of such a person? always *always* have to take into the equation that this 1 soldier is a direct threat to every other soldier thats even close to him? you just cant have such a person in a unit. its quite risky enough as it is down there. why make it that much harder?

The people in his unit DO want to go there with him. They fully supported being part of the unit which goes with him. If I signed up for the army then I would be willing to go over there with him, they received additional training due to the fact he was part the unit therefore would be prepared.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that money been spent to train him. If this is an issue now then it will always be an issue and therefore what was the point in training him? I mean, they aint going to send him on missions alone, which means he wont ever be placed in the field. As such all the money was wasted and it comes back to the question of why they bothered training him in the first place.

To be honest, if the media just fucked off and left them alone it wouldnt be an issue as it wouldnt be public knowledge worldwide that he was over there. But hey, thats life.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I gave it a flying f*ck, but not big enough to be either of the options. So went for C.

He has 10 fingers, 10 toes(i think) and a peepee place. Why not? Gear the f*cker up and let him go get shot. Just like any other guy/gal out there.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
If he died it would be one less royal and one less ginger in the world
so yes ;)

well, I kid about the ginger part anyhow

Corran

Part of the furniture
I gave it a flying f*ck, but not big enough to be either of the options. So went for C.

He has 10 fingers, 10 toes(i think) and a peepee place. Why not? Gear the f*cker up and let him go get shot. Just like any other guy/gal out there.

Some suitable lyrics for the thread :p

The soldiers that are out today.
That brush the dust with bulletproof vests away.
It's ironic.
At times like this you pray,
But a bomb blew the mosque up yesterday.
There's bombs in the buses, bikes, roads,
inside your markets,your shops, your clothes,
My dad, he's got a lot of fear I know
but enough pride inside not to let that show.
My brother had a book he would hold with pride
A little red cover with a broken spine.
In the back he hand wrote a quote inside,
when the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Meanwhile, the leader just talks away
Stuttering and mumbling
for nightly news to replay
and the rest of the world
watching at the end of the day
both scared and angry
like what did he say?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
as said he would simply be putting others at extreme and pretty unecesary risks, why not give him a nice baby-sitting job in kosovo with NATO or something? :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i feel sorry for him tbh, i mean i bet right now he feels like a gigantic git. He's gone through all his training etc and now he can't go; but can you imagine how he'd feel if he did go and his squad got blown to bits just because he was with them?

It's a bloody nightmare for the people out there at the best of times with road side bombs, snipers etc but can you imagine the damage it would do if (and I'm pretty sure if a HRH went to war he'd be a top target for al quadea or how ever the hell they spell it) they killed him? a whole squad and whoever they have with them non military wiped out because of one guy?

No matter what the decision made was it would have been wrong if they sent him there people would be crying "its a token gesture hes not really fighting its a waste of time/money/resources!!" if he got killed out there people would be in uproar (and i dont mean normal people i mean the press) if his whole troop got nailed because of an attack on him they'd be outrage, its a no win situation

im with Levin 100% here he hit the point its just not worth it.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Just give media the impression that he aint going and send him there secretly ;p

Nate

FH is my second home
It's a shame but he has to accept the position he is in, if he really had any feeling for his unit he would have resigned himself instead of being told to. If he went to Iraq he would put the lives of every soldier there, especially his unit in a much more dangerous situation. Any terrorist accross the world would go there if they had a reason to hate England.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I read in the Daily Mail that certain militant factions want to cut his ears off !

Not your standard alpha-one professional terrorist unit then.

- Comrade, cut the prisoners ears off !
- I'm sorry, Commander ?
- Cut the Prince's ears off !
- Erm...aren't we supposed to make him look really rough and put him on TV ?
- Nah. Cut his ears off.
- Yeah but we're mean terrorists. We should kill him
- I like ears ! Now do as your told, Achmed.
- Yes sir...Sir ?
- Yes ?
- I can't get his underpants off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom