omni procs

liloe

It's my birthday today!
They work like lifetap, just they're omni-taps.

It means you deal damage and you get back x% health, y% endu, z% mana

I think it's 50, 30, 20 but I wouldn't give my hand for it =)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
They're basically a weaker version of the snake charmers weapon proc. The proc does damage to the target and returns 1/3 of the damage done in HP, End and Power.

The power aspect works for vamps btw, and apparantly that's working as intended according to Mythic.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
The power aspect works for vamps btw, and apparantly that's working as intended according to Mythic.

NERF!

is this a question about .85?

Reactive draining netherium armor tincture - 75 omni drain
Reactive draining arcanium armor tincture - 100 omni drain

these are both craftable with a Alchemist from 1.85 onwards... a must have for any template imo!

this would suggest that its not a % it is infact a value... so yes... its as strong as snakechamers

im not sure if you need any specific drops to craft them, but im sure you do, i expect to see a large market for the 'special' ingediant when 1.85 is released over here

this is GREAT news for my pve chars, bad news for rvr:(

ps, barrels dont wotk on vamps, so are you sure that these do?

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
From the herald grab bag
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2488.shtml

Q: From the new tinctures added in 1.85b: What is an omni-drain spell and what does it do?

A: Trade Goddess: An omni-drain spell is one that damages the target and returns hit points, power points, and endurance points to the caster of the spell (or user of the tincture). The return is a percentage of the damage dealt and is *different* for each pool.

In the case of the spells being used for the tinctures, the return rates for each pool are:

* 100% of the damage dealt is returned as hit points.
* 60% of the damage dealt is returned as power points.
* 40% of the damage dealt is returned as endurance points.

As an example I’ll use the level 49 tincture’s spell, which has a delve of 100:

You hit the Target for 102 damage.
You steal 107 hit points.
You steal 64 power points.
You steal 42 endurance points.

(Variance and bonuses affect the damage and return amounts)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
so when 1.85 hits... in stealther warfare who has the prcs pretty much has 100 win, if i get the point right....

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Thats just ridiculous stupid, so every1 can now make new suits to add these new procs. AS if life with crafting aint expensive enough as it is.

Nate

FH is my second home
shurrup vav i need a ml9 raid ok!?

it sounds nice for my valk :)

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
if its like the proc from Snakecharmers i doubt its a i-win itiem,you maybe survive one or two more hits not more or less---if it procs.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
so when 1.85 hits... in stealther warfare who has the prcs pretty much has 100 win, if i get the point right....
hasnt it been like that since TOA release? 1v1 in this game is nothing but who gets the most SoM procs pretty much :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
If i have already a proc on my armor i need to make new armor so i can put proc or i can put this new proc over the old one?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Kinetix said:
If i have already a proc on my armor i need to make new armor so i can put proc or i can put this new proc over the old one?

Afaik u gotta get a new piece of armor and apply the new Proc (that's in line ofc with the same old shitty idea that "the more we artificially give troubles to our customers, the more time they spend to get things done, the more revenue we have from em").
But what do i know? ^^

Oh btw soon to have packs of dropped items for the level 49 ones, so alchs give a shout xD
Think i'll farm some for the snare proc also btw hint hint for healers and such!!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Eleasias said:
hasnt it been like that since TOA release? 1v1 in this game is nothing but who gets the most SoM procs pretty much :p

I miss all the whining and bitch that occured on Prydwen when TOA came out.

Mass queues at som ftw! :D

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
The real question is what damage type is this omni proc going to be?
If it's for instance heat it will be pointless as most people run with 40+ heat resists making that 100 damage only 60 hp return and a very weak end/pow return but if it's for instance a matter type damage then it looks really interresting.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:

no, its a new proc u can add to crafted armor in 1.85

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:

new armor

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
will the target (the enemy of the proc user) loose end/power when it procs?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Andrilyn said:
The real question is what damage type is this omni proc going to be?
If it's for instance heat it will be pointless as most people run with 40+ heat resists making that 100 damage only 60 hp return and a very weak end/pow return but if it's for instance a matter type damage then it looks really interresting.

Body afaik

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
will the target (the enemy of the proc user) loose end/power when it procs?
no they loose just health, however there are power drain procs as well

Ging

Part of the furniture
i jsut wish they would make the quality of the tincture affect proc rate

ie MP tincture = greater proc rate

then i could charge 50p a tincture.....

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Proc rate is also pretty important to how good they'll be !

Darzil

illu

Part of the furniture
Apparently they don't proc that often, and they can also be resisted when they do proc.
I think the better procs are the TG heal procs as they cannot be resisted, but they cost a small fortune.

It might be fun trying them out but I'm also looking at damage add procs and then there's this new celerity and end charges that you can put on armour which could also be interesting. Or I might just stick with the 100 or 150 ablatives that seem to do a good job too.

Choices choices. Get to a location where there is a stealth zerg, PH, SoM - then choice of SL/Battler2/Malice2/Celerity/End.

Apparently Hunters/Archers are loving the celerity charge.....

Oli - Illu

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Ging said:
i jsut wish they would make the quality of the tincture affect proc rate

ie MP tincture = greater proc rate

then i could charge 50p a tincture.....
Your prices arent far off that anyway :p

Ging

Part of the furniture
Castus said:
Your prices arent far off that anyway :p

my pricing scheme is regulated by the Crafters of Universal Netherium Tinctures Society.

:england:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ging said:
my pricing scheme is regulated by the Crafters of Universal Netherium Tinctures Society.

:england:

You still haven't paid your dues for the current year :twak:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Procs wont make that big a differance.

Most people craft the cheap armour pieces (gloves, boots, helm etc) which have the smallest chance to be hit and thats before they decide the chance to proc.

Unless you decide to craft your chest pieces you wont see it procing that much and whilst its a nice proc its certainly not worth purposely crafting chest section for.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its worth using over standard heal proc or ablative on save arms sleeves or legs or whatever though....

at least thats my opinion based on the values peeps mention

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
its worth using over standard heal proc or ablative on save arms sleeves or legs or whatever though....

It's worth using, but it's also not going to be so much better than the ablative they currently put there to make it an I-WIN most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom