Chance to Proc V item quality

censi

Can't get enough of FH
say a leggy is 99% does it have less chance to proc than a ml leggy. (assuming you land a hit with either one)

say a 99% bit of armour with reactive on it,,, does it have less chance to proc than mp armour..

If so has any testing been done or is there any speculation on what the exact percentage difference is???

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
I made mp omni procs once and put them on mp armour and made all mp s/c gems:fluffle: dam things still not go of much:( but if a mob hit me i would light up like a christmas tree.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Officially Mythic say quality doesn't matter.

My own experiance with 97%-98%-99% and MP Alacritous poles showed that it did, but it could of just been luck or my own imagination wanting it to matter.

Personally though I think it's better safe then sorry.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer but with 99% bits giving 37.5 its important to know or not
because its a lot of hassel making mp etc.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
It wasn't leggies
But I did test a crafted 99% qual weapon vs an MP for proc rate with 500swings

and there was no difference
i'll dig out my logs

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
yer but with 99% bits giving 37.5 its important to know or not
because its a lot of hassel making mp etc.
I loved last patch all get free 10 mp items:) for all lgm crafters, i got 4 lgm crafters:) wished they would of give us like 20 free mp:( or be great if they give us all 10 free mp every patch:wij: and make it /stats clear on armour ftw

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
Been crafting alot lately seem to get more 99 qua items faster ftw? think GOA have done a great job for the crafters in genral:)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Should be one of the rare things that's easy to get a clear cut answer testing with enuff repeats would've thought.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Been crafting alot lately seem to get more 99 qua items faster ftw? think GOA have done a great job for the crafters in genral:)

Yeah, cause that is really where the game is lacking some :D

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, cause that is really where the game is lacking some :D
well if you craft as much as me for the realm hell ye it helps:sex:love to help the upper coming mids:)will even make a few extra armour parts to give em celerity ftw:)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Quality doesn't matter, but procs are item bound, so two the same weapons (non-rogs) will have the same proc chance. But two different weapons might very well have different chances to proc.

This is seperate from slower weapons haveing a higher chance to proc that fast weapons - in my experience.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
well if you craft as much as me for the realm hell ye it helps:sex:love to help the upper coming mids:)will even make a few extra armour parts to give em celerity ftw:)

Who are you? What have you done with pip!? this is the second post i have to agree with u in 5 mins! Omg!

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Does proc quality has anything to do with it instead of armor qual?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i didnt think so but it would actually be a good idea.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Does proc quality has anything to do with it instead of armor qual?

No, but it would make a lot of sense if it did.

Armour quality has no effect on procs firing but Tesla is correct, some proc types do seem to fire more often than others. This may be true for weapon bound procs, which are triggered a lot more often (a weapon is 1-hit, 1-chance. Armour there is a 1:6 chance it will hit a certain piece, hence less chance of a certain proc going off unless ofc all 6 of your armour pieces have the exact same proc).

I have never seen any definative proof that one proc has a greater chance to fire than another though. Be interesting to test it with a Vamp using placed shots perhaps?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i dunno if it is relevant, but quality seems to have and influence on to hit and block rate.

arte and champion weapons suposedly have a 5% bonus chance to hit and block.

i sure know (or believe at least) that my cleric equiped with atens shield blocks more than with any other shield.

someone mentioned that swing speed seems to affect proc rate. i remember reading some time waaay back that weapons have a chance to proc over time, not per hit. not exactly sure how that works. i asume that that means that over 1 min of combat the times it will proc is fixed (well, fixed, there are always random factors that modify this), regardless of how many swings.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

People have said this alot but I have never seen any proof of this. From my personal experience I put a 94% omni proc on my healer hauberk and have never seen it proc.

The 99% ablative charges I had used before (when I had assumed that quality had mattered) procced an awful lot. I realise there is going to be a difference between omni proc rate and ablatice proc rate but I will always buy 99% qual procs now.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
someone mentioned that swing speed seems to affect proc rate. i remember reading some time waaay back that weapons have a chance to proc over time, not per hit. not exactly sure how that works. i asume that that means that over 1 min of combat the times it will proc is fixed (well, fixed, there are always random factors that modify this), regardless of how many swings.

I remember reading this way back in OF aswell but I'm not quite sure if its true

Septima

Fledgling Freddie

Armour quality has no effect on procs firing but Tesla is correct, some proc types do seem to fire more often than others. This may be true for weapon bound procs, which are triggered a lot more often (a weapon is 1-hit, 1-chance. Armour there is a 1:6 chance it will hit a certain piece, hence less chance of a certain proc going off unless ofc all 6 of your armour pieces have the exact same proc).

I have never seen any definative proof that one proc has a greater chance to fire than another though. Be interesting to test it with a Vamp using placed shots perhaps?

There is diferent chances to hit certain part of armors, so that statment is a bit flawed. If i remenber right, hauberk, legs and helm got higher chance to get hit than arms, gloves and boots.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie

If I remember rightly, two-handed weapons had a higher proc chance then one-handed weapons in order to counter the less frequent hitting.

This was one way though, in that the chance for reactive procs was always the same on armour therefore giving a slight disadvantage to faster attack rates.

This was way back in old-frontiers though as already mentioned so no idea if it has changed since.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
People have said this alot but I have never seen any proof of this. From my personal experience I put a 94% omni proc on my healer hauberk and have never seen it proc.

The 99% ablative charges I had used before (when I had assumed that quality had mattered) procced an awful lot. I realise there is going to be a difference between omni proc rate and ablatice proc rate but I will always buy 99% qual procs now.

There is indeed a massive difference between omni procs and ablatives mate. I'd attribute the difference you found to that more then anything bud.

As for armours chance to proc, it was something like 40%hauberk, 20%legs, 20%head, 10%arms, 5% boots and hands.

There is a patch whereby 94-96%quality crafts are taken out completely. Thus you'll now have just under 1in3 chance for a 97, 98 or 99% piece and MP still remains at 1in50 chance. Oooh and it's mythic who made the changes, not goa ;)

If I remember rightly, two-handed weapons had a higher proc chance then one-handed weapons in order to counter the less frequent hitting.

This was one way though, in that the chance for reactive procs was always the same on armour therefore giving a slight disadvantage to faster attack rates.

This was way back in old-frontiers though as already mentioned so no idea if it has changed since.

Is true. It wasn't down to specifically two handed weapons however, the speed of your swing changed the rate. For example, if you swung at once every 4 seconds, you'd proc on twice as many hits as someone swinging at 2 seconds.

The new procs, omni/snare etc all have a lower chance to proc then ablatives, sidi heal procs etc, still making sidi heal procs potentially the best in the game.

C

Carss

The new procs, omni/snare etc all have a lower chance to proc then ablatives, sidi heal procs etc, still making sidi heal procs potentially the best in the game.

Id like to see proof of this because if seen people argue the other way, but not seen any proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom