Procs and such in todays rvr.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
So, I resubbed last night, but I was unfortunate to meet a single enemy for the whole 2 hours I played.

Today however, I've met lots of players, mostly Eul, Mothman+Nightman and Hugmeh (/hug).

After fighting Eul I noticed something was totally off.. I usually was able to put up some decent fights on my infiltrator back in december when I last played, but today I hit him 6 times or so during our fight and he still trashed me and ended on 99% hp.

I was told by a friend that it was due to the Omni procs.

Is this true? Does those omni procs matter that much, and least but not all, do they really have SUCH a big impact on a fight?

If so, I guess I have to farm some to fix up my infil's template and armor >_<

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Its very nice if they proc alot :). Can mean difference between life and death.
And I'd advise u to get em aswell :).

Proc works like this
It does 100dmg
100% of dmg goes to ur health
60% of dmg goes to ur end
40% of dmg goes to ur mana

So it's quite nice.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Yeah, I know how omni procs works, it's just that I didn't know it would do that much difference.

Guess I'll have to redo templates and everything for my friar and inf then >_<

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Couple of months back had 4 stealthers pop on my skald, same time. Most stuff happened to be up (battler, SoM, PHN), all was hitting for shit and halfway thru fight health bar started rocketting back up instead of down - omni procs. Eventually I died after killing a couple, didn't really treat the fight seriously when they all popped tbh, wish I had might have made a good screenie.

But fucking hell, pretty new to the solo melee game and just showed how insain things are with respec to gear and procs for me. Totally dependent. This type of thing prolly not even news to old time meleers. Anyhoows, I thought it was all about pure mad skillz and casters were the noobs? :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Anyhoows, I thought it was all about pure mad skillz and casters were the noobs? :)

Have I said that in the past? oO

Doubt so :p

I don't mind casters, as long as they don't run with a DI bot (/wave Kinetix xD)

Anyway, fixing up my friar I think, friar ain't so bad to play while soloing.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
But fucking hell, pretty new to the solo melee game and just showed how insain things are with respec to gear and procs for me. Totally dependent. This type of thing prolly not even news to old time meleers. Anyhoows, I thought it was all about pure mad skillz and casters were the noobs? :)

Casters ARE noobs!:touch:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Have I said that in the past? oO
I ain't saying u did, just it's a general thing that gets trotted out. btw b4 I get flamed to death I ain't saying there's nothing to solo melee fights, some peeps are clearly much harder than others, but ye gods the effect of procs.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I found Omni proc rate insanely low, could be luck I guess if they keep proccing but they seem to proc not much compared to heal procs.

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
i think omni procs are far from what people might get the impression they are.

When i read what people say about them its like they are the be all end all. For me as a champ sure its nice for my end bar when one procs it returns 40% end or so, but when anyone has half decent resists the "lifetap" part of the proc drains 40-70 hp max lower than the damage absorbed by a standard 100 point ablative. tbh i was thinking of going back to 150 point ablatives.

wouldn't go back to heal procs because with nearly everyone having disease - well they are just shit.

just dont expect your hp to go "rocketing back up" every fight or being "godly" because you have omni procs...

as for the impact on the fight im pretty sure CL10 will make a large difference with parry buffs + more hp. I don't think omni procs are winning the fights.

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
however technically the omni proc is instant return where the ablative is over time in a sence as you need to be hit again. but it would be rare that you wouldnt get hit before some or at least most of the ablative is consumed.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I dont have omniprocs on my inf, it doesnt matter that much I think.. well I still can kill ppl sometimes :)

Sorin

Banned
Omni procs are pretty good to have.
However, my "small time, nothing else to do" tests have shown that ablative/dd/heal tinctures proc more often than omni so..

Tbh i only got one omni in my temp.. rest is heal tinctures and cure poison/disease charges.

illu

Part of the furniture
I think Omniprocs are overrated, and isn't there something about they can get resisted?
I think I have 1 Omniproc in my suit, I was lucky enough to have a couple of TG Heal procs, and I also put a Damage Add proc. The Vest is TG One so has a nice proc on it, and the legs are the Epic legs, again with a nice heal proc :> I would rank them something like Heal Proc/maybe TG 150 Ablative Proc/Omniproc.

Oli - Illu

censi

Can't get enough of FH
they aint overrated they are very very good.

u notice the procs a lot more on a hunter because you get hit...

sometimes im getting hit then a big noticable chunk of hits gets returned...

thats a senseation im not used too, but i like it!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I'd prefer the dot proc but it wont stack with the shade dot so omnis are the things to have as a shade, i'd go dot proc as an infi.

I am/was a dps freak on gaer, and i found the best way to maximize it is to go for the dot proc instead of the omni one.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
u notice omnis alot on shield tanks if u put one on the big ol barn door....

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Omnis r really good on thane at least. Help manage the end sucking sword ... little health... litte pow too. :)
And the one on the shield seems to go off on a decent rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom