1 hour dur friar defensive heal proc buff

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Is this going to destroy stealther RVR balance, and I guess solo RVR in general?

A buff which lasts one hour.

25% chance to proc a 200 point heal isnt it? (not sure)

anyone else see this as a tad <bag> pipe?

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
25% end redction and 25% chance for friar healproc (witch can proc when you block with engange) is gonna be fecking op.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
think tbh though like when you start getting peeps prepared to like log 3-4 toons to do a buff cycle so you are in optimum full pwn buff mode.

it really is time to say FUCK THAT!

I mean I thought mythic didnt wanna recreate the BB problem? To me this seems like they just created a demand for another 3-4 "classes" of buffbots.

:)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
now its worth it to have a theurg & friar as bot, hell maybe even a necro tbh :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
its not just the friar buffs, but all the BB heal proc buffs and resist buffs having longer timers will spoil alot of solo rvr.

pip

Banned
allways love the friar, when server down used to play alb in battle grounds, remember once i was playing sorc in fg with a friar dam we owned lol bigonykd was name of sorc, think i ran with all my old enemy but had fun but was battle grounds not big boy shit

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer but all those other buffs that have been mentioned.

Although stupid. You can kind of cut through that. live with it etc. maybe lots wont bother with it?

But the friar one is very powerful. Like more powerful that running SOM or WH perminently.

No one seems concerned about what this is going to do to balance.

To me it just stands out like a soar thumb screaming "HELLLLLLLO!"

or?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
God more bbs, at least you dont need another account, well im certinly not leveling up a friar just for buffs, makes going back to the classic server seem like a good option, but from what i have heard of the zergs.....

pip

Banned
it be like warlock they just kick the shit out of it first but when friar is dead will the buff drop ?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its not conc based if thats what your trying to say?

(so no)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Buff Changes

In an effort to reduce downtime, buffs with durations based on timers have been normalized across the realms. We will be monitoring the effects of this change and make adjustments as necessary.

Here's the line that should give you hope..

The simple solution is to have group buffs drop when you leave the group (in the same way conc buffs do on classic, so the code is already partially there), so groups don't need to rebuff every 30 seconds but soloers can't abuse it.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Censi you're only worried because i touch you in bad ways with that buff on....dont worry so much even though its a top buff 2 things you forgot.

1> Clerics have always had a similar buff that heals for more but with less chance to proc.

2> The friar buff does not heal for anywhere near 200 per proc, at yellow i believe its close to 75ish off the top off my head. i think the red version is 100.

yes it rocks and yes i'll be pissed off seeing Friar buff bots standing around snowdonia but atleast for the 1 or 2 8man Friars we'll get to buff less often when running with our groups

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Dunno, mebbe the HoT buff will also get a 1hr duration.

Eyres

Banned
Golena said:
Here's the line that should give you hope..

The simple solution is to have group buffs drop when you leave the group (in the same way conc buffs do on classic, so the code is already partially there), so groups don't need to rebuff every 30 seconds but soloers can't abuse it.

yep best idea, should happen, no reason why it shouldnt

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
If it heals 100 per proc, then overall it will have roughly the same impact in a fight as SoM has, so in that sense it's not like it's going to destroy stealther balance.

The obvious difference is that the proc will be up all the time instead of 10 minutes at a time. The less obvious difference is that those with friar bots can remake their template to use some high util cloak instead of SoM so you might be fighting someone with 5% more resist to your damage, 100 more hits or XX more whatever.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:

maybe the duration will increase, ie 1 hour for 100hp:p
thats how the necro HoT works atleast

pip

Banned
Maeloch said:
Hit you for huge damage today mate you neede more weetabix p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
If it heals 100 per proc, then overall it will have roughly the same impact in a fight as SoM has, so in that sense it's not like it's going to destroy stealther balance.

This is actually a very good point. The friar proc counts as a defensive buff and since you can only have one up at once, you can't use winged helm/som while your abusing this.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
This is actually a very good point. The friar proc counts as a defensive buff and since you can only have one up at once, you can't use winged helm/som while your abusing this.
afaik if u use a yel 1 it stack's with som atleast the heal proc from cleric does

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Time to respec rangers to BM and ML9+10 everything? =)

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
trycorn said:
afaik if u use a yel 1 it stack's with som atleast the heal proc from cleric does

no it dosnt, if u use som with yellow heal proc it gets overwritten by som
if u use som with red heal proc, som fails

the choise is to use a friarbot instead of som to get a better cloak but logging ur bb to a friarbot and back everytime u die isnt worth it imo

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Must have Theurgbot,necrobot,friarbot,hereticbot,clericbot. Many subs to pay ( I wonder where mythic/goa gets their money from).

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
Ive seen it in action ! The tic Haxen uses it when he is at beno , and tbh its gonna kill solo play for sure i mean 25% chance to heal 200hp on 1h timer wtf?? My solo runs will end with that patch for sure...

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
First of all, yes I have a nightshade.

then :
I dont think this game was ever designed to support soloplay.
I think they just figured people would go to RvR as a bunch to try and outnumber the enemy, since this makes most sense.. it has later developed to a FG v FG game but hey.

This buff will it be for only one realm? If so, yes it ruins the solo game. Else, its the same for all so whats the big deal?

And even if it is only one realm, its not the buff itself that ruins it its the people that use it.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Calmin said:
yes it rocks and yes i'll be pissed off seeing Friar buff bots standing around snowdonia but atleast for the 1 or 2 8man Friars we'll get to buff less often when running with our groups

its a sad day for DAOC if teh only use for friars is buff bots :(

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom