1 hour dur friar defensive heal proc buff

Dorimor1

Banned
I hope it does destroy stealther balance.

Infact I wouldn't mind if stealthers themselves are destroyed anytime soon.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
its a sad day for DAOC if teh only use for friars is buff bots :(

:m00:

Funny thing is the good alb groups nearly always welcome Friars to their 8man group yet theres not many of us around.

I will be slapping any friarbots i see, we're not scummy clerics and deserve better treatment than that!

uron

Loyal Freddie
Calmin said:
Funny thing is the good alb groups nearly always welcome Friars to their 8man group yet theres not many of us around.

I will be slapping any friarbots i see, we're not scummy clerics and deserve better treatment than that!

ur just a BG bot :p

illu

Part of the furniture
In theory it all sounds great but tbh I can't really see it happening. I can't see people logging in different toons for buffs, I can't see this friar thing affecting soloers because it apparently heals for under 100 every time, and you can only have that OR SoM up, and most go for SoM.

Ok sometimes you will be lucky and on buffing up, maybe someone will throw a ABS buff on you or Damage Add, but I can't see it happening often, and the people who do abuse it - well - it's no fun winning ALL the time :> You'd roll a warlock if you wanted that :)

The only difference I think people will see is middies having slightly better resists lasting longer, so it just means everyone will ditch most legendary weaps, and people will adapt to maybe use different weapons or more poisons etc etc.

I think everything will stay pretty much the same. I'm more worried about every assassin under the sun having a stun in their style line. That will be more of a pain in the arse.

Oli - Illu

censi

Can't get enough of FH
lol oli, if I didnt see you running back to your bot ten minutes to topup your 6 pack I would agree with what you just said....

this is more powerful than SOM with 25% proc rate. So use som for SL instead or take it out of template. Zero point in having it if this buff lasts one hour ffs.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
lol oli, if I didnt see you running back to your bot ten minutes to topup your 6 pack I would agree with what you just said....

this is more powerful than SOM with 25% proc rate. So use som for SL instead or take it out of template. Zero point in having it if this buff lasts one hour ffs.

dosnt matter if it last 1 hour or 30 min as u often die much faster. Ppl will have to have 2 bb accounts or log between em wish noone cba to do

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
som isnt effected by disease tho, heals are. Vs someone with a lot of heal procs, stick a disease on them, halves the effectiveness.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
The obvious difference is that the proc will be up all the time instead of 10 minutes at a time. The less obvious difference is that those with friar bots can remake their template to use some high util cloak instead of SoM so you might be fighting someone with 5% more resist to your damage, 100 more hits or XX more whatever.

Exactly, so any solo melee Class (Paladin, Arms etc.) can ditch worthless util SoM and use FAS instead. Instant template improvement with no loss of anything, only gain...

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes, no actually most of the time Mythic don't always think of the consequences of their changes to the game...

Gamah said:
already started leveling my friar bot <3

I think, sidi bp, sidi heal procs, friar heal proc 1h dur, friar 25% end red 1h dur and necro abs 1h dur. I think that could be intersting as a minstrel xD

/edit actually they didnt change the necro abs timer q.q

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Henrock said:
Givf 1 hour HoT for mentas then!1 :D

Yeah lol. I would get a red mana-HoT then and be totally invincible 1vs1. Hell, 2vs1 with red-resists and PD. 3vs1 with Battler /use2 should be a cake ;)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
uron said:
ur just a BG bot :p

Resist + grapple-bot you mean. Had some respect for Calmin when he solo'ed, now all he does is grapple ZzZz

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
trycorn said:
afaik if u use a yel 1 it stack's with som atleast the heal proc from cleric does
som doesnt stack with cleric def proc

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Andrilyn said:
Think positive, atleast Friars will have a function then.
:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: shame i can only put 4 of these in one post

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Yeah lol. I would get a red mana-HoT then and be totally invincible 1vs1. Hell, 2vs1 with red-resists and PD. 3vs1 with Battler /use2 should be a cake ;)

lol u play the most op stealther in the game (atleast at rr7+), u should easy take out 2 other rr5+ stealthers at the same with all iwinabilities up and up to 3 below rr5 stealthers. With hot5 it should just be totaly god mod.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Oboy said:
lol u play the most op stealther in the game (atleast at rr7+), u should easy take out 2 other rr5+ stealthers at the same with all iwinabilities up and up to 3 below rr5 stealthers. With hot5 it should just be totaly god mod.

Glad you got no clue wtf ur talking about huh :p Most enemy stealthers have a wide-variety of ways of countering my 'I-win'-tools. Yeah JoeTheRogfiltrator doesnt, and dies (painless, I promise!), but a well-twinked equal~ish RR enemy stealther has a fair chance, if they atleast have some common sense in regarding what to use against me.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Glad you got no clue wtf ur talking about huh :p Most enemy stealthers have a wide-variety of ways of countering my 'I-win'-tools. Yeah JoeTheRogfiltrator doesnt, and dies (painless, I promise!), but a well-twinked equal~ish RR enemy stealther has a fair chance, if they atleast have some common sense in regarding what to use against me.

then ur gimp or have holes in ur temlate, hitting a ranger who has wh and som up, acces to sidestun (7 long sec), purge2(for poisons, ok can always reapply), ip2, caped meleeresists and 20+ in rest, high pd and aom + bbresists, fz, is like hitting a brickwall with a fork, at the same time getting hit back for 200+, plus offhand dmg.

Wonder who has no clue or is biased as hell at the same time QQing "im not op, honest, dont nerf me"

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Oboy said:
then ur gimp or have holes in ur temlate, hitting a ranger who has wh and som up, acces to sidestun (7 long sec), purge2(for poisons, ok can always reapply), ip2, caped meleeresists and 20+ in rest, high pd and aom + bbresists, fz, is like hitting a brickwall with a fork, at the same time getting hit back for 200+, plus offhand dmg.

Wonder who has no clue or is biased as hell at the same time QQing "im not op, honest, dont nerf me"

omg how dare u inslt the censi elite brigade :p .......melee rangers need some serios luv ffs...

kivik

Part of the furniture
Oboy said:
a ranger who has wh and som up

Counter with PH+SoM up or just SoM.

Oboy said:
acces to sidestun (7 long sec)

Hello? Easy to counter strafers, garrote = win. In worst case, purge

Oboy said:
purge2(for poisons, ok can always reapply)

You said it

Oboy said:
ip2, high pd and fz,

That's what they got instead of assassin's yber critical strike styles and poisons.

But yes, a high RR melee ranger is indeed bit OP. But still, you are exaggerating (sp?)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Oboy said:
then ur gimp or have holes in ur temlate

Yeah Im a gimp, and my template is filled with holes. Lowest resist is on 31% (before AoM and PD)

hitting a ranger who has wh and som up

Has nothing up for 5 minutes after SoM wears out. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. We are not hunters :D

acces to sidestun (7 long sec)

4 seconds, but who's counting ?

, purge2(for poisons, ok can always reapply)

Any smart assassin will reapply, stun (if applicable) and drop a DoT-mine as bonus after purge. You already said it :p

, ip2, caped meleeresists and 20+ in rest, high pd and aom + bbresists, fz, is like hitting a brickwall with a fork, at the same time getting hit back for 200+, plus offhand dmg.

With 70 modified CD, I dont hit for 200+ consistently on my mainhand on.. say an infiltrator with spec-AF and having no holes in the template. Ofcourse I got 10%/10%/10% and 250 QUI atm, aswell as 101 STR and Aug STR 3. However, magically anyone outdamages me :(

Basically you're dumping all abilities on 1 person, who dies then be utter useless next enemy you fight. Trick to playing a ranger aint outdumping anyone, its just using enough abilities to hopefully win. And even with dumping everything on 1 person, a Warguard equal-RR mincer with tricks can still beat me. Gosh, such an OP stealther. Oh, and ofcourse any decent tank worth his salt will beat a ranger into the ground on same RR. Then we have casters.. well not going into them, shall we ?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Basically you're dumping all abilities on 1 person, who dies then be utter useless next enemy you fight. Trick to playing a ranger aint outdumping anyone, its just using enough abilities to hopefully win. And even with dumping everything on 1 person, a Warguard equal-RR mincer with tricks can still beat me. Gosh, such an OP stealther. Oh, and ofcourse any decent tank worth his salt will beat a ranger into the ground on same RR. Then we have casters.. well not going into them, shall we ?

first of i said rangers are the most op stealther so i dont care about tanks and casters.

second ofc u have to divide abilites between fights etc and this goes for an assasin to, but i find it very funy when i dump all abilities(not many iwinbuttons but anyway) i have against a ranger in a fight including getting pa-chain and still loose. Its also funny getting hit for 230+ mainhand against a rr4 ranger (was a celt) with caped resist (26+2 racial) having red bb shileds on.
And most funny is it how u try to defend the opness of a class who i loose 8/10 fights against and those i dont loose the ranger kites away as they cant stand to loose. Yes rangers tend to flee when they are about to loose including u. U have an assasin yourself and its not funny when u miraceles get a pachain away on a archer and find out it did 2-300 in dmg just because of wh :/

well enough QQ, see u on the battlefield even if i be the one eating dirt

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Yeah lol. I would get a red mana-HoT then and be totally invincible 1vs1.

It's almost like your describing the post-patch valk!! :worthy:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Oboy said:
first of i said rangers are the most op stealther so i dont care about tanks and casters.

second ofc u have to divide abilites between fights etc and this goes for an assasin to,

This doesnt go the same way for an assassin at all (!). Assassins get their strong-points from mostly passive abilities, or timers who are on a low recast-timer. DoT-mine, Viper, poisons, styles with ABS-debuff etc. Archers get it mostly from the 'fuck IP (15 mins)' and 'fuck FZ (15 mins) stuff.

but i find it very funy when i dump all abilities(not many iwinbuttons but anyway) i have against a ranger in a fight including getting pa-chain and still loose.

Tough luck, but then again ur infiltrator, iirc, is RR5. Which, by no means, is a good spot for an assassin against a high-RR ranger.

Its also funny getting hit for 230+ mainhand against a rr4 ranger (was a celt) with caped resist (26+2 racial) having red bb shileds on.

Low QUI archer, loaded with crits, forgetting to envenom etc. Check my video for my typical damage ;)

And most funny is it how u try to defend the opness of a class who i loose 8/10 fights against and those i dont loose the ranger kites away as they cant stand to loose.

Just because u loose 8/10 (thin air?) doesnt make a char OP. You are RR5, which is, sorry to say, low RR in the stealth-warfare. Some of us been playing stealthers for 3++ years and reached much higher RR, much more experience, know most tricks in the book etc. At RR5, its not the same.

Yes rangers tend to flee when they are about to loose including u. U have an assasin yourself and its not funny when u miraceles get a pachain away on a archer and find out it did 2-300 in dmg just because of wh :/

U did 400-450 damage with the enervating, which is what u PA for on a typical high-RR archer (if u land a perf at all). Melee-damage doesnt kill archer-classes, its poisons and magic.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Was a sad day for DAOC when they let american children decide the fate of the game ;x

not really dude. If you think these buff changes were anything other than completly retarded then you are a bit clueles daoc wise.

like they said they put them in to redice DT, and basically didnt even consider that it completly spins solo RVR dynamics on its head.

If they are interested in solo dymanics they should also start look at some of these BS rr5 abilities to.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
censi said:
not really dude. If you think these buff changes were anything other than completly retarded then you are a bit clueles daoc wise.

like they said they put them in to redice DT, and basically didnt even consider that it completly spins solo RVR dynamics on its head.

If they are interested in solo dymanics they should also start look at some of these BS rr5 abilities to.

Actually i openly admit i am indeed clueless daoc wise Censi.. why? let me see.. ah yes because i don't play it perhaps? and before you ask why i bother posting here because i still have my account there for i have a right to post on the daoc community boards :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom