nda lift

skunksmoka

Fledgling Freddie
seems like the nda is going to be lifted tommorow \o/

4) As to the NDA, we expect to lift it tomorrow morning. I was hoping it was going to be today but I wanted to wait till I got the beta reports from the weekend and we just didn't have enough time to get everything coordinated with our partners in order for the press release to go out today. This is not the fault of GOA at all, we just had a lot of data to go through and by the time we did that, it would have been too late to put out the release today. As to the three issues that were holding up the release, I'll be discussing them tomorrow. While I wish that we could have lifted the NDA a couple of weeks ago, I'll explain why tomorrow. Given how many MMOs/games don't lift the NDA until launch (or just before or in some cases, never), our lifting it more than 4 weeks (only slightly but it's still 4+ weeks out), is more than sufficient for all the information about the game to hit the Internet.

sorry just see it was in the Q and A thread :(

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Might be worth having it's own thread so we can collate the "OMFG GOA/Mythic/Class A/Class B/Player base/Mechanic A/Mechanic B SUCKS" posts all in to one. :D

Thank christ I'll be able to speak about the classes and balance tomorrow.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
Ive been looking forward for NDA drop for a while, cant wait to read more about the game.:worthy:

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Well they are about 9 hours behind us i think if you look at the time on VN board so about 4pm GMT will signal NDA drop possibly if they do it at beginning of play for them.

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
Looks as though something may have happend, cant see an officiel "we done it" post but there are links to various websites on warhammeronline.com with detailed information about classes within specific level ranges. cummon GOA where's the love?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
must... lift... NDA... WAAAGH! it's too heavy, soz :( str buff please?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
"They'll have to check with the higher ups to see if they can love us. The meeting should take place next week and we should hear more in the beginning of September."

hopefully by then you will have wandered off somewhere else so we dont have to listen to your endless whining and digs.

JeevesFan

Fledgling Freddie
hopefully by then you will have wandered off somewhere else so we dont have to listen to your endless whining and digs.

No such luck, buddy. I'll be here for the duration. But don't worry - I'll stop my "endless whining" the second we get some concrete news about the status of our game. That should be any time now, right?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Game is released on 18th, will be a headstart for ppl who pre ordered and is an open beta on or about 7th i think?

JeevesFan

Fledgling Freddie
Game is released on 18th, will be a headstart for ppl who pre ordered and is an open beta on or about 7th i think?

Yes, that we know (incidentally, because Mark Jacobs told us, you'd be hard pressed to find that info on the European site), but so much else is unanswered.

- When can we enter our preorder codes?
- When can we download the client?
- When can we expect some actual, meaningful updates on the website?

These are all questions people have been asking for weeks. With the Americans having all kinds of problems with their own preorder codes and downloads, I dread having to wait much longer before we get to find out if we're in for the same.

We're a bit over two weeks away from Open Beta. The more things are delayed, the less room for error there is, and if there's anything I've learned in my years of doing IT work, there are always errors and problems you don't discover until the end user gets stuck in. And note, I am not blaming possible problems with codes on GOA, but whoever issued them. The problem is that we need to start entering them ASAP to find out if ours work or are misprinted like many were in the United States.

Every day means more chance that some unlucky bastards won't get in to the Open Beta because their preorder codes don't work (and there wasn't enough time to switch them), or because they haven't had a chance to download the huge beta client from hammered servers, possibly with their slower network connections.

Silence just isn't good enough at this point.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
on other hand maybe the delay will mean we dont suffer the same problems as US suffered, until the time comes its speculation. They could be using this extra time to iron out the problems.

JeevesFan

Fledgling Freddie
These aren't problems you can iron out, though.

The server WILL get hammered. There will be tens of thousands of people trying to download several gigs. There isn't a server in the world that can take that, it will be slow. The only cure for that is to endure, which takes time.

As for the codes, the pig's already out of the bag on that one. The codes were printed up months ago and on the American side many codes were either invalid or apparently duplicate. Which ever the case was, many people had to be reissued new codes which took over a week in many cases.

Again, neither of these is directly GOA's fault. They can't magically make network congestion go away and neither can they affect codes that were printed up ages ago. What they CAN do, however, is get everything set up ASAP on their end, so we have time to fix problems. And the time for that, frankly, is right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom