Ask me your NDA breaking questions!

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
This idea was blatantly stolen from Warhammer Alliance site. :p

But, in my honest opinion, I find the community there to be quite obnoxious and unfriendly. Not to mention it's already up to 5 pages and I find the people here all the more deserving of the information! ;)

So please feel free to ask me any questions covered by the NDA about GOA, patches, servers, mechanics, balance, EU related issues etc etc. I'll do my best to answer them all, if I can't I'll do the research and/or take screenshots if need be. But I'm sure other testers will pitch in to help. :)

But if we can keep the discussion to a minimum (maybe another thread for that?) and just ask if you need clarification on something. I'll be as to the point as possible unless a question requires my opinion.

I know after about two pages this will no doubt be a pain to moderate and I apologize profusely already to Iain, Magnus and co! Of course I won't be able to answer the questions until the NDA is officially dropped but I'll write my replies in notepad and do a massive C&P when the time arrives. :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
What forms of crowd control are there and is the RvR as good/challenging as DAoCs? ;)

End of questions I guess :D (Resists the urge to ask about the SotG ;))

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Are Squig Herders as good as i hope they are? Can you post lots of Screenies?
How good is the PvP? ON a ratio of:

DAoC old school -------------------------- WoW crappy PvP

Cant think of much more at this time.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I'll help out with answers and such once the NDA is lifted later today.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
if NDA has been lifted, then there not NDA breaking questions. Just questions... which im sure everyone in beta can answer :p

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
How much for the ape? oh wait.. sorry wrong conversation.

What appeal does this game have over say WoW, for you as a player, what made you think (if anything at all did) that this game was something far better and far more interesting that world of warclick.

Many thanks.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
What appeal does this game have over say WoW, for you as a player, what made you think (if anything at all did) that this game was something far better and far more interesting that world of warclick

Yeah I've wrote an essay to that question. :p

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
which class solo's group contant the best?
which class has the highest DPS?
which class has the highest burst/spike damage?

are there any classes that so far are considered to be better at pvp than any of the others?

in your opinion is the best ability/spell and why?

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Do either of the sides look like they may be overpopulated at this early stage?

Can you give more details on the various abilities of the healer classes please :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Details on the White Lion class please.

Does the pet start out small and does it grow as it lvls (gets older)

rynnor

Rockhound
Any info on crafting? What level can you start - is there grinding - will everyone be crafting or will it be for the dedicated only?

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
People are gonna be so disappointed when they drop the nda :(:(:(

Dont expect DAOC 2 but more wow with abit of daoc sadly

Aada

Part of the furniture

Not a bad thing then in my opinion.

The only thing WoW fails at is large scale PVP apart from that it is still the best MMORPG out at the moment.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Not a bad thing then in my opinion.

The only thing WoW fails at is large scale PVP apart from that it is still the best MMORPG out at the moment.

Best? the game has only what 8 classes? and there the same on both sides?
Utter crap is what i call it.

rynnor

Rockhound

Easier to balance less classes though and tbh if you had 100 classes 80-90 would be duff - how thinly do you want to spread roles or conversely how big do you want groups.

I think something between WoW and Daoc would be cool - and the key thing is it will have mass market appeal!

Aada

Part of the furniture

8 classes is something to cry about? :lol:

I think Mythic spent more time balancing classes everytime some kid got owned by x class then actually adding new content to the game ;/

Same for WAR? probably.

Unless the game is balanced as it is.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder when we are allowed to post stuff,did they give any time for when it breaks?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah can we keep the WoW vs WAR debate for another thread? I'm happy to ask for this to be closed if it gets out of hand.

I've answered all the questions so far and currently on ten pages long in word. :(

Wonder when we are allowed to post stuff,did they give any time for when it breaks?

Expect an announcement around 4-7pm which is about midday for mythic.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah can we keep the WoW vs WAR debate for another thread? I'm happy to ask for this to be closed if it gets out of hand.

I've answered all the questions so far and currently on ten pages long in word. :(

Ten pages?

Sound like a good beta tester m8 :)

Don't Mythic go on USA time? so it's still morning there right? :(

btw whats your system specs? so i can get an idea of what i can expect on mine

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie

can we buy bugmans XXXX from the main man himself?????

is there a stat system,

Str
Dex
Con
Wis
Int
Chr

Aada

Part of the furniture
What type of screens would you like? don't have any atm but could take few for you when the NDA drops.

Any screens mate character+pet together when you first create the character then any of the lion if it gets bigger as you level?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
There's something I'd like to know, as I've not majorly been following the development of the game.

How are the zones split? and what is the "mob con" system like? Standard DAoC blue>purple or a different type? What's the RvR/PvP system like?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Is the warrior priest as bad ass as it should be?

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH

Who said we were after daoc2? i wasnt, i love warhammer so i'll be playing it cause of that reason. Still cant believe they didnt pick me for beta though :twak: oh well open beta isnt that long away.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if anyone wants any screenshots of anything post here :) no guarantees (things like "severed head of the enemy King" could be tricky) but if it's something reasonably easy then I'm happy to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom