Ask me your NDA breaking questions!

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Spookie, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Spookie

Spookie Fledgling Freddie

This idea was blatantly stolen from Warhammer Alliance site. :p

But, in my honest opinion, I find the community there to be quite obnoxious and unfriendly. Not to mention it's already up to 5 pages and I find the people here all the more deserving of the information! ;)

So please feel free to ask me any questions covered by the NDA about GOA, patches, servers, mechanics, balance, EU related issues etc etc. I'll do my best to answer them all, if I can't I'll do the research and/or take screenshots if need be. But I'm sure other testers will pitch in to help. :)

But if we can keep the discussion to a minimum (maybe another thread for that?) and just ask if you need clarification on something. I'll be as to the point as possible unless a question requires my opinion.

I know after about two pages this will no doubt be a pain to moderate and I apologize profusely already to Iain, Magnus and co! Of course I won't be able to answer the questions until the NDA is officially dropped but I'll write my replies in notepad and do a massive C&P when the time arrives. :D

2. kirennia

kirennia Part of the furniture

What forms of crowd control are there and is the RvR as good/challenging as DAoCs? ;)

End of questions I guess :D (Resists the urge to ask about the SotG ;))

3. Derian

Derian Fledgling Freddie

Are Squig Herders as good as i hope they are? Can you post lots of Screenies?
    How good is the PvP? ON a ratio of:

DAoC old school -------------------------- WoW crappy PvP

Cant think of much more at this time.

4. Vepo

Vepo Fledgling Freddie

I'll help out with answers and such once the NDA is lifted later today.

5. Sparda

Sparda Fledgling Freddie

if NDA has been lifted, then there not NDA breaking questions. Just questions... which im sure everyone in beta can answer :p

6. Maasu

Maasu Fledgling Freddie

How much for the ape? oh wait.. sorry wrong conversation.

What appeal does this game have over say WoW, for you as a player, what made you think (if anything at all did) that this game was something far better and far more interesting that world of warclick.

Many thanks.

7. Spookie

Yeah I've wrote an essay to that question. :p

8. arknor

arknor Fledgling Freddie

which class solo's group contant the best?
    which class has the highest DPS?
    which class has the highest burst/spike damage?

are there any classes that so far are considered to be better at pvp than any of the others?

in your opinion is the best ability/spell and why?

9. Vell

Vell Fledgling Freddie

Do either of the sides look like they may be overpopulated at this early stage?

Can you give more details on the various abilities of the healer classes please :D

10. svartalf

svartalf Can't get enough of FH

Is it fun?

11. Aada

Aada Part of the furniture

Details on the White Lion class please.

Does the pet start out small and does it grow as it lvls (gets older)

12. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

Any info on crafting? What level can you start - is there grinding - will everyone be crafting or will it be for the dedicated only?

13. Dutch_NS

Dutch_NS Can't get enough of FH

People are gonna be so disappointed when they drop the nda :(:(:(

Dont expect DAOC 2 but more wow with abit of daoc sadly

14. Dervish

Dervish Fledgling Freddie

In your opinion. Certainly not mine.

15. Aada

Not a bad thing then in my opinion.

The only thing WoW fails at is large scale PVP apart from that it is still the best MMORPG out at the moment.

16. Dutch_NS

Dutch_NS Can't get enough of FH

Best? the game has only what 8 classes? and there the same on both sides?
    Utter crap is what i call it.

17. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

Easier to balance less classes though and tbh if you had 100 classes 80-90 would be duff - how thinly do you want to spread roles or conversely how big do you want groups.

I think something between WoW and Daoc would be cool - and the key thing is it will have mass market appeal!

18. Aada

8 classes is something to cry about? :lol:

I think Mythic spent more time balancing classes everytime some kid got owned by x class then actually adding new content to the game ;/

Same for WAR? probably.

Unless the game is balanced as it is.

19. Downanael

Downanael Fledgling Freddie

Wonder when we are allowed to post stuff,did they give any time for when it breaks?

20. Aada

White Lion screens please :)

21. Spookie

Yeah can we keep the WoW vs WAR debate for another thread? I'm happy to ask for this to be closed if it gets out of hand.

I've answered all the questions so far and currently on ten pages long in word. :(

Expect an announcement around 4-7pm which is about midday for mythic.

22. Aada

Ten pages?

Sound like a good beta tester m8 :)

Don't Mythic go on USA time? so it's still morning there right? :(

btw whats your system specs? so i can get an idea of what i can expect on mine

23. Downanael

Downanael Fledgling Freddie

What type of screens would you like? don't have any atm but could take few for you when the NDA drops.

24. jonrossi

jonrossi Fledgling Freddie

can we buy bugmans XXXX from the main man himself?????

is there a stat system,

Str
    Dex
    Con
    Wis
    Int
    Chr

25. Aada

Any screens mate character+pet together when you first create the character then any of the lion if it gets bigger as you level?

26. Methos

Methos Loyal Freddie

dude, no need to shout.

27. Overdriven

Overdriven Not a sandwich

There's something I'd like to know, as I've not majorly been following the development of the game.

How are the zones split? and what is the "mob con" system like? Standard DAoC blue>purple or a different type? What's the RvR/PvP system like?

28. pez

pez Can't get enough of FH

Is the warrior priest as bad ass as it should be?

29. Fefner

Fefner Can't get enough of FH

Who said we were after daoc2? i wasnt, i love warhammer so i'll be playing it cause of that reason. Still cant believe they didnt pick me for beta though :twak: oh well open beta isnt that long away.

30. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

if anyone wants any screenshots of anything post here :) no guarantees (things like "severed head of the enemy King" could be tricky) but if it's something reasonably easy then I'm happy to try.