EU NDA Officially Dropped:

Tilda

See here:

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

GOA said:
We're proud to announce an important news you've all been waiting for!

The NDA has been lifted today, August 19th, opening the way for testers to share their impressions of the beta and for the flood of videos and pics to hit news sites and games magazines near you. Finally all the excitement can be unleashed!

Please note that the information published on the beta testers forums are still confidential and can be discussed only inside the forums themselves.

Ketsdoc

Fledgling Freddie
Pity about the slight confussion between NA and EU timing, guess a time zone mix up or something. But its nice to finally have all the new info about the game flowing. Must be really nice for all the beta testers to be able to get it all off their chests.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved

Tilda stop refreshing the website so u can be the first to see things . :)

And now for a question that i made again long ago, violating the NDA ( my bad and sorry for that ).
I got an
Intel quad core Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
3,50 GB @ 1033 Ram
1x Raptor HDD @ 10.000 rps for windows.
1x WD HDD @ 7.200 rps for the rest of a applications
GFX card 8600 GTS
WHY the hell even if i pass all the requirements by FAR, i am having FPS lag on pvp situations?

I can load all possible games out there, including crisis core etc etc, loading 2x WoW with 60+ FPS, and when i am going to pvp in WAR, i am simple getting only frame lag making it impossible to play a meelee class.

I will upgrade my gfx card to double the power of my graphics card, but having problems with these specs is kind of irritating as most of the people are propably going to have to buy new computers Oo

P.S i haven't played beta for like 1 or 2 months, because i got pissed them, and i hope they improved some things but still anyone else is having same problems?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wutae: FPS lag won't really be caused by the GFX card, it'll more be to do with people in the zone. You need to think how many people are playing etc too. Card should be perfectly fine tbh.

rynnor

Rockhound
Good spot Tilda! Hmm - we really ought to all go to bed now tho - getting late - cant sit here all night hitting refresh on the forum :p

Tilda

And now for a question that i made again long ago, violating the NDA ( my bad and sorry for that ).
I got an
3,50 GB @ 1033 Ram
GFX card 8600 GTS
WHY the hell even if i pass all the requirements by FAR, i am having FPS lag on pvp situations?

I can load all possible games out there, including crisis core etc etc, loading 2x WoW with 60+ FPS, and when i am going to pvp in WAR, i am simple getting only frame lag making it impossible to play a meelee class.

I will upgrade my gfx card to double the power of my graphics card, but having problems with these specs is kind of irritating as most of the people are propably going to have to buy new computers Oo

P.S i haven't played beta for like 1 or 2 months, because i got pissed them, and i hope they improved some things but still anyone else is having same problems?

There have been a couple of patches with fps lag, recent patches have done a lot to fix this. There was also an issue with melee lag (ie you press the button and the swing didn't trigger straight away) this was fixed in another recent update. Try it out again.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
There have been a couple of patches with fps lag, recent patches have done a lot to fix this. There was also an issue with melee lag (ie you press the button and the swing didn't trigger straight away) this was fixed in another recent update. Try it out again.

There is quite bad stuttering as the ground stays on "long-range" textures and all of sudden pops to the short-range ones,causes annoying lag spikes.

Atleast it only comes when you using a mount.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Wutae: FPS lag won't really be caused by the GFX card, it'll more be to do with people in the zone. You need to think how many people are playing etc too. Card should be perfectly fine tbh.

yeah but when you are playing an mmorpg, based on fights with many players, you wont really enjoy it if you got fps lag. Moreover
Tilda: No, it wasn't about meelee lag, it was the fact that only thing i could see was some frames here and there, before i see myself dead.

Anyways, i am going to afford 200-300 euros for a gfx card so if anyone knows the best option for that kind of money out there and wants to share his opinion with me, i will appreciate it. :)

Two cards i kind of like ( but never tried them ) are :

4850 SVGA (PCI-Exrpess, 1GB) = 210 euros
Engine Clock 625 MHz
Memory Clock 1986 MHz
Memory Interface 256 bit
RAMDAC 400 MHz

EAH3870X2 SVGA (PCI-Express, 1GB, 4xDVI) - 310 euros
Engine Clock825 MHz
Memory Clock 1800 MHz
Memory Interface 512 bit
RAMDAC Dual 400 MHz, 10 bit RAMDACs

Any other suggestions ?
As you can see 3870x2 is better than 4850 but does it worth the 100 euro difference? I dont mind giving 300 euros, but i prefer to take a card that is well tested, as well as it's the best ( price for it's performance )

thnx in advance

thergador

Fledgling Freddie

too many peeps in a zone would give server lag not fps lag
fps is client based so it ether hardware which i would say so in this case so i would say poor coding or memory leak (but judging by other comments i would say its a coding issue)

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
4850 SVGA (PCI-Exrpess, 1GB) = 210 euros
Engine Clock 625 MHz
Memory Clock 1986 MHz
Memory Interface 256 bit
RAMDAC 400 MHz

EAH3870X2 SVGA (PCI-Express, 1GB, 4xDVI) - 310 euros
Engine Clock825 MHz
Memory Clock 1800 MHz
Memory Interface 512 bit
RAMDAC Dual 400 MHz, 10 bit RAMDACs

Any other suggestions ?
As you can see 3870x2 is better than 4850 but does it worth the 100 euro difference?
you dont need the 1gig cards (i have one) it dont mean poo unless your running at very high rez's (ie 2560 x 1600) and even then its reaaly not an issue (at least not for current games) i'd go for 2 4850 one one 4870x2 as you can get them for the pricing your looking at. but its not your cards thats giving you the fps lag, if your worried about network/server lag try out the killernic k1 or the killer nic m1

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
you dont need the 1gig cards (i have one) it dont mean poo unless your running at very high rez's (ie 2560 x 1600) and even then its reaaly not an issue (at least not for current games) i'd go for 2 4850 one one 4870x2 as you can get them for the pricing your looking at. but its not your cards thats giving you the fps lag, if your worried about network/server lag try out the killernic k1 or the killer nic m1

those network cards arent worth the bucks m8, they only lose 5fps lag tops on a good machine. The way ppl custom build their pcs is always gpu>cpu>mobo>ram>rest .. the 4850 is a great card but it seems to run hot atm coz the fan is stuck at 30% but afaik theres an update for it. the 3870x2 is cool too but thats for 22"+ monitors cause anything less than 22" u dont need a crossfire really

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks to whoever at GOA stayed up late to post that, anyway. Shame there was a little confusion, and sorry I went to bed :)

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie

I got an
3,50 GB @ 1033 Ram
GFX card 8600 GTS

despite what others says. you will be getting a bottle neck with that graphics card. yes it does pass the min specs but its a bit of a lemon card

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Wutae its down to the game (but they have addressed alot of the problems) and the fact its a beta server. The technology is not as good as the real servers so this is why you get laggy performance from time to time.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
The reason i believe it's my graphics card and not what the others say, is that despite having frame lag, i could play, but when the casters started nuking, my screen froze, and the other second i was dead. Moreoever, my HDD ram and cpu are more than enough atm, so the only fault can be the gfx card. Most of the people suggested 4850, the only thing i am afraid of is the fact that it's 1 GB gfx card with that low price, something must be wrong. Moreover nobody suggested a gfx card i may not have seen. Any websites that have best gfx card / price and is updated?

I am not blaming the game, and i dont mind throwing some extra $$ to get a better gfx, so let's ignore the reason i was getting frame lag, and lets discuss of the best buy of a gfx card with 200-300 euros :)

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Wutae you dont need the 1gb version
but if you want to spend that sort of price look at http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=57BL 4870x2

as for the killer nic card i have two of the cards one for incoming one for out going and the difference is a more like 15 to 30 ms less latancy (which at an old latancy of between 60 and 80 it quite and improvement its as nearly as real time as your going to get over a public network)i really dont get why you would quote the improvement on fps as it shouldn't improve client side fps at all they are purely about removing lag

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Wutae you dont need the 1gb version
but if you want to spend that sort of price look at dabs.com - Gigabyte Radeon HD 4870x2 2GB DDR5 PCIE 2xDVI (GV-R487X2-2GH-B) 4870x2

as for the killer nic card i have two of the cards one for incoming one for out going and the difference is a more like 15 to 30 ms less latancy (which at an old latancy of between 60 and 80 it quite and improvement its as nearly as real time as your going to get over a public network)i really dont get why you would quote the improvement on fps as it shouldn't improve client side fps at all they are purely about removing lag

i asked for gfx cards that costs about 200-300 euros. that gfx card costs 500 euros. ~.~

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
i asked for gfx cards that costs about 200-300 euros. that gfx card costs 500 euros. ~.~

value for money go for geforce 8800 gts (new type with 92 core)
or 9800gtx / 8800 gtx depending the price diffrence

all 3 have very much the same performance and a very good price

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
also a good idea to disable hardware checksum offloading on network cards as this used to cause problems with DAOC and other online games

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I keep getting crashingto desktop with no error messages about 2-3 times per hour,have 8800 GT myself but don't look like that is causing it :(

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
I did a little more research myself and it seems that the best cards for that money out there are :

4870 SVGA (PCI - Express 512MB, DDR5)
Engine Clock 750 MHz
Memory Clock 3600 MHz
Memory Interface 256 bit
RAMDAC 400 MHz

and

4850 SVGA (PCI-Exrpess, 1GB)
Engine Clock 625 MHz
Memory Clock 1986 MHz
Memory Interface 256 bit
RAMDAC 400 MHz

In this case 4870 has double memory clock. ( aka it's faster ) but 4850 has double memory. Grrr, if until tommorow we dont find a really gfx card expert, i am going for 4870.

P.S The only thing i am intrested is to be able to play WAR with no FPS lag, (fraps - second client will be loveable . :D)

P.S2 My motherboard is SLI ready, aka it favors Nvidia gfx cards, but both of them are ATI. Though i couldn't find any really good Nvidia gfx card ;o I think i wont have any problems. Am i right ? :p

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
i have said this before in this thread over 512mb of FX memory is point less unless your running very large monitors (30" +) go for the 4870 with ddr5 memory as it out preform the 4850 ddr3 memory and btw the 512 version on the 4850 work better (in quite a lot situations) than the 2gig version (fps as test of better) test results here

but the really factor is games dont use all the memory in 1024mb cards
so its like getting
a bus with 1024 seat that only moves at 3 mile ahour to travel 5 miles and only having the drive on the bus
or
a bike that moves at miles an hour the bike is quicker end of the only thing that will cause issue's is traffic ie the rest of your system eg FSB, memory, CPU, etc

edit found a game that would benefit from the 1024 mb AOC its got a 700mb graphic pool load not see anything close to that in anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom