Ask me your NDA breaking questions!

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Spookie, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

it's intended.

Willpower improves your chance to Disrupt spells
    Initiative improves your chance to Dodge ranged attacks.
    Weapon skill improves your chance to Parry melee attacks.

Block works against all three :) Hold the line!

2. pikeh

pikeh Resident Freddy

sorry for the small bump, didn't want to start a whole new thread!

Is there an account vault keeper kind of thing, where you can easily transfer money/loot to an alt?

3. Chrismorris

Chrismorris Fledgling Freddie

Not sure, you could mail them i suppose.

4. Reno

Reno One of Freddy's beloved

There's a working mail system, so you can mail cash/items to alts.
    The (guild)vault I haven't seen operational yet, neither the auctioneer.

5. pikeh

pikeh Resident Freddy

thanks both :)

6. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

Resurrects Shamans have an ability to ress someone but they cannot be stopped. I think it's instant, however the shaman is stunned for 3 seconds after.

7. Andrilyn

Andrilyn Can't get enough of FH

Also with topped High Magic / Mork & Gork you can insta cast any spell, including a rez.

8. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

Dat Makes Me Dizzy Healing
    Core Ability Level 40

1 Slot Career Tactic No range
    Passive No cooldown
    Your can now resurrect allies instantly, but you are stunned for 3 seconds after casting.

9. Reno

Reno One of Freddy's beloved

IIrc The Archmage has/had the same tactic.

10. Iceforge

Iceforge Can't get enough of FH

Also, the shaman has a instant pbaoe rezz (30feet range) from morale (rank 4)

11. Mellon

Mellon Fledgling Freddie

Sorry if I'm being a bit late with this one, but sitll: one of the main points with being in a warband is that you share all experience, loot and influence gained. Also, some quests like "kill 10 rats" or "gather 10 rat-tails" then each kill will count for every player in the warband, no matter who kills the rat.

Compare to wow where you could not do normal quests while you were in a raid group. Here you can!

12. Flimgoblin

are you sure that works for the warband and not just everyone in your group in the warband?

Didn't notice it but can't say I tested it (or even thought about it)...

Excellent if it's true - means the standard HG group won't have to have one person sat getting almost no xp ;)

13. eksdee

eksdee FH is my second home

great thread, lots of info i enjoyed reading through. one thing that i'm surprised hasn't been asked - anyone have a rough idea how long 1-40 will take? :>

14. Mellon

Mellon Fledgling Freddie

Flimgoblin: Actually, most of the time I was in a warband I had such a great time killing things, so I didn't actually "test" how xp etc was shared. But if it was divided over only the party it would be so vasty unfair to the poor buggers who got put into the "healer squad". I am however pretty sure I get credit for kills done by any member of the wb. It is very visible when I have a killingquest on a mob that is also part of a PQ.

Exsdee: most people suggest about 200 hours for an average player. There are _very_ big possibilities for variations. There are a lot of not very xp-giving but fun things to do, such as roaming the world looking for hidden places and tome unlocks. And in the first hour you can easily break lvl 5 if you are a competent mmo-player. Just do the quests and don't enjoy the world.

I did lvl 31 -> 33 on a pretty relaxed gaming saturday on my chosen. So I actually think I could get 1-40 done in less then 150 hours. But I will not rush this through. the endgame will hang around, even if it takes me a week longer to get there and the world is so full of strange things and excellently written texts.

15. eksdee

interesting, thanks!

16. Downanael

Downanael Fledgling Freddie

Been hearing humors they lowered exp gains alot on the newest patch,but rumors are rumors.

17. Aada

Aada Part of the furniture

Sounds normal for an MMO when it's about to get released as they don't want their customers lvling to quick :)

18. Lollie

Lollie Loyal Freddie

whats the baf system like? does only one mob come if you pull from a camp or does it do it wow style and everything in a 2 mile radius come at you?

19. Chrismorris

In beta it was just one mob at a time, from my experiance anyway.

20. Lembit

Lembit Fledgling Freddie

Most of the time it was one and one. Tho at times they baf´d, most of the times you can easily spot if the mobs are linked or not.

21. Chrismorris

Yea mobs would normally be standing alone but in most areas a group of 3 would be walking around aswell.

22. Flimgoblin

Cool, I'll maybe try and run a proper test come live just to confirm what gets shared (if it's just quest credit, or if you get a split of the xp/rp as well)

23. Muylaetrix

Muylaetrix Can't get enough of FH

for a casual solo player who just plays the game and explores and tries out diff stuff, 200 ish hours could be realistic.

dedicated guilds who plan ahead will probably be able to field level 40`s by the end of the headstart.

We managed to do level 37 - 40 in about 5 hours with 4 people in the slayer keep in kadrin doing AE grinding.

so, for a TEAM who knows what they are doing, it might be done in less than 40 hours with some mind numbingly boring AE grinding.

24. eksdee

mind numbing is what pve is about ;)